Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Depth Chart 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by starfoxx View Post
    Sorry, no where on that synopsis did it say Carriker was going to play NT or UT. But what I do know is this what the defensive will look like come week 1.

DE - Long NT - Carriker - UT Glover DE - Little
    DE - Hall NT - Ryan - UT Wroten DE - Adeyanju

I know you already Carriker is the nose tackle, always has been. Haslett is known for flipping people all over the field. But that's Carrikers position.

I know Dorsey is a UT, Carriker weighing 315 pounds played a big part on the decision on the team selecting Long. They did not want to force Carriker to lose weight to play Defensive end.
    Did you read my last post?

starfoxx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    Did you read my last post?
    Yeah. You posted it while i was working on the one above.

That's just what Linehan prefers, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Even if Carriker plays UT next year, which he will need to drop his weight back to 295, Ryan is not athletic enough nor ready to start at nose tackle. He's great for depth to spell Carriker.

And don't say Glover and Wroten could play Nose tackle, because then they would have to put an extra 20 pounds. To take on double teams and clog run lanes, which nose tackles are required to do.

So if you had your way the defensive line would look like this:

DE - Long - NT - Ryan - UT - Carriker - DE - Little
    DE - Hall - NT - ???? - UT - Glover - DE - Adeyanju
    UT - Wroten

Does this make sense to you?

Yeah. You posted it while i was working on the one above.

That's just what Linehan prefers, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Even if Carriker plays UT next year, which he will need to drop his weight back to 295, Ryan is not athletic enough nor ready to start at nose tackle. He's great for depth to spell Carriker.

And don't say Glover and Wroten could play Nose tackle, because then they would have to put an extra 20 pounds. To take on double teams and clog run lanes, which nose tackles are required to do.

So if you had your way the defensive line would look like this:

DE - Long - NT - Ryan - UT - Carriker - DE - Little
    DE - Hall - NT - ???? - UT - Glover - DE - Adeyanju
    UT - Wroten

Does this make sense to you?

"That's just what Linehan prefers, doesn't mean it's going to happen." He is the head coach right? If not him then who decides? and just because we don't have depth at NT doesn't mean we have to start AC there. Also I think Ryan was more of a playmaker at the NT postion then AC. If Ryan need a breather or he gets hurt you could just shift AC back there, no problem right?

And one last thing starfoxx, on your starting line up you said you read this somewhere can you please post it so I can read it?

"That's just what Linehan prefers, doesn't mean it's going to happen." He is the head coach right? If not him then who decides? and just because we don't have depth at NT doesn't mean we have to start AC there. Also I think Ryan was more of a playmaker at the NT postion then AC. If Ryan need a breather or he gets hurt you could just shift AC back there, no problem right?

Last time i checked, it was Jim Hasletts defense.

The lack of depth at nose tackle should tell you that Carriker will start there and Ryan will back him up.

I have to disagree with you on Ryan being a bigger playmaker than Carriker. If Ryan was more of a playmaker, he should have started over carriker.

So your ok with Carriker being the starting UT and back up to the NT and spelling him. Now who's not making sense.

Last time i checked, it was Jim Hasletts defense.

The lack of depth at nose tackle should tell you that Carriker will start there and Ryan will back him up.

I have to disagree with you on Ryan being a bigger playmaker than Carriker. If Ryan was more of a playmaker, he should have started over carriker.

So your ok with Carriker being the starting UT and back up to the NT and spelling him. Now who's not making sense.
    Well to be honest you are not making any sense. Since it has been posted before by me that the Rams will keep AC at the UT and Ryan at NT, and you haven't posted anything that contradicts what I have said.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Carriker is the starting UT (which, by the way, it generally understood to stand for "under tackle").

Ryan is the nose tackle.

And one last thing starfoxx, on your starting line up you said you read this somewhere can you please post it so I can read it?
    It's mock depth chart my opinions.

I said I read and listen for my info.

I listened over and over again to analysts agree that Drafting Long would allow Carriker to stay at Nose Tackle. And Carriker gaining weight could definetly mean Carriker is staying at Nose tackle. And they didn't want to draft Dorsey, and then force Carriker to lose weight to play defensive end. Every roster listing you can find has Carriker labeled as the starting nose tackle. it's what the Rams brought him to the team for.

And it just makes more sense. but who knows what the Rams are thinking, hopefully we'll get an Idea at this upcoming mini camp.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Carriker is the starting UT (which, by the way, it generally understood to stand for "under tackle").

Ryan is the nose tackle.
    Thank you AV, I was waiting for somebody else to chime in, now I know I not crazy(I think?).

Ryan is the nose tackle.
    Until I see something concrete saying otherwise.

Carriker is the starting Nose tackle and Glover will play Upfield tackle.

Thank you AV, I was waiting for somebody else to chime in, now I know I not crazy(I think?).
    I don't know if you know already. But the first 8 games we lost this season, Carriker played Upfield tackle. We lost all 8 didn't we? Then the Rams moved him to Nose Guard and than we won the next 3 out 4 games. Teams ran all over us with any back they wanted on their depth chart. Sure we didn't allow an individual 100 yard rusher in the first 8, that doesn't mean the teams total rushing yards weren't well over 100 yards. but as soon as Carriker was moved to nose guard in week 10, the total team rushing yards for the next 3 games were 43, 32, 87. Nonetheless, we fell apart after that.

Point is, we need Carriker to take on blocks and stuff the run. With the extra weight he will do that just fine.

I'm not a big fan of constantly forcing players to learn new positions. Give Carriker a position, tell him to master it's craft and leave him alone. He will dominate.

I don't know if you know already. But the first 8 games we lost this season, Carriker played Upfield tackle. We lost all 8 didn't we? Then the Rams moved him to Nose Guard and than we won the next 3 out 4 games. Teams ran all over us with any back they wanted on their depth chart. Sure we didn't allow an individual 100 yard rusher in the first 8, that doesn't mean the teams total rushing yards weren't well over 100 yards. but as soon as Carriker was moved to nose guard in week 10, the total team rushing yards for the next 3 games were 43, 32, 87. Nonetheless, we fell apart after that.
    Dude, you are just plain wrong here.

Carriker started the year at NT. Then, as it became apparent that Glover is not able to play every down and Ryan started emerging, Carriker started playing the UT spot (and some DE).

Get your facts down before you post.

Well to be honest you are not making any sense. Since it has been posted before by me that the Rams will keep AC at the UT and Ryan at NT, and you haven't posted anything that contradicts what I have said.
    Sorry you fail to follow.

Dude, you are just plain wrong here.

Carriker started the year at NT. Then, as it became apparent that Glover is not able to play every down and Ryan started emerging, Carriker started playing the UT spot (and some DE).

Get your facts down before you post.
    USA Today
    Rams' Carriker slowly adjusting to life in the NFL - USATODAY.com
    ST. LOUIS (AP) It's been a steep learning curve for St. Louis Rams rookie Adam Carriker.
    A defensive end at Nebraska, the Rams grabbed Carriker to bolster the leaky defense. In training camp, Carriker switched to the three-technique position. During the first eight games, Carriker played there and then switched to nose guard and has gone back and forth in the two positions.
    There have been some bright spots. Against Arizona, Carriker blocked a 39-yard field goal attempt by Neil Rackers. He had a career-high five tackles against Baltimore. In Sunday's 27-20 loss to Cleveland, Carriker had his first sack - getting quarterback Derek Anderson for a 7-yard loss in the fourth quarter.
    "It's taken a little bit of time getting used to nose tackle and three-technique," Carriker said Tuesday. "I'm more comfortable now."
    Getting the sack helped his frame of mind as the Rams are off this week with a bye before returning to play at New Orleans.
    FIND MORE STORIES IN: New Orleans | Cleveland | Baltimore | Nebraska | St. Louis Rams | Derek Anderson | Scott Linehan | Neil Rackers | Rambo | Adam Carriker | Bam Bam
    "I finally got a sack, which is nice," Carriker said. "I feel like I'm making a contribution to the team."
    Carriker's willingness to adjust has helped him, according to Rams coach Scott Linehan.
    "I think the thing that helped Adam is he came here with the idea that he knew he was going to be playing nose guard which probably isn't his natural position, but he plays it very effectively," Linehan said. "For him to be able to play more from the three-technique and the nose is making him much more comfortable. It probably is a more suited position for him."
    The slow start frustrated Carriker. Used to success at Nebraska, coming to the NFL and being thrust into a new position presented him with a challenge.
    Then, as the season has progressed, the Rams are winless in their first eight games. Carriker knows it takes time to make an impact at the professional level but that doesn't mean he is happy about it.
    "I played well all camp and in the preseason and then it wasn't bad but it wasn't great," Carriker said. "It's been frustrating. I know it just takes time."
    Linebacker Will Witherspoon said Carriker is being hard on himself. The veteran pointed out the rookie is playing well.
    "We call him 'Bam Bam' because he's such a beast in there," Witherspoon said. "He's still learning but he does some great things out there. It's a big adjustment. It shows you the capability he has and the kind of player he is."
    Carriker said he is going to enjoy his bye week. He will be going to visit a haunted house with his wife and then "just rest." In addition, he said he will enjoy the new addition to the family - a rescued dog.
    "We named him Rambo and I've never had a big dog before," Carriker said. "He's a great dog."

Gee Thanks for the pointer. How are these facts?......
    Last edited by starfoxx; -05-04-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Gee Thanks for the pointer. How are these facts?......
    Incorrect. Please tell me you're not shocked to see a sportswriter writing a puff piece getting the facts wrong? Have you even been paying attention around here?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast