Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    starfoxx is offline Registered User

Mock Depth Chart 2.0

Mock Depth Chart 2.0
    From what I gathered form Mini Camp and OTA coverage, This is what I would expect week 1.

Notes:
    - Rob Petitti won't be doing any running for about 6 months, after he tore his Achilles tendon during Mini Camp.

- OTAs will resume June 3 and wrap up June 12. Then the team will break until training camp.

- C. Long Not Expected to Sign till July

Defense
    Left Defensive End
    L.Little
    V. Adeyanju
    Upfield Tackle
    L. Glover
    C. Wroten
    Nose Tackle
    A.Carriker - Still unclear where the Rams are playing him primarily, Nose or Upfield Tackle. My guess, Nose Tackle.
    C. Ryan - Will play in the UT spot on short yardage situations.
    Right Defensive End
    C.Long - It's not a good idea to bounce this kid all over the defense his first year, leave him at RDE and let him learn to be dominant at the position.
    J.Hall
    Strong Side Linebacker
    C. Draft - I'm taking the experience and hunger to start again to win the starting job.
    Q. Culberson
    Middle Linebacker
    W. Witherspoon - Should play outside. We need a thick thumper in this spot.
    T. McGarigle
    Weakside Linebacker
    P. Tinoisamoa
    D. Vabora - Disciplined. Well built. Tackling machine. Budding Special Team Star
    Left Cornerback
    Tye Hill
    J. Wade - He took his lumps in 2007. Will be much better this traing camp.
    D.Macklin
    Right Cornerback
    F. Brown
    R. Bartel - Is he moving to safety or what?.
    J. King
    Free Safety
    O. Atogwe - Let's work on the poor angles and watch your stats rise even further.
    E. Bassey
    Strong Safety
    C. Chavous
    T. Johnson - Valuable on special teams

Offense
    Wide Receiver 1
    T. Holt
    R. Caldwell - Unfortunately. I can see him making it through camp.
    K. Burton
    Left Tackle
    O. Pace
    B. Gorin
    Left Guard
    J. Bell
    R. Schuening
    Center
    M. Settersom - Reports are he is proving to be more capable at Center. At 6-4 314pds, he has a big advantage over the smaller Romberg.
    B. Romberg
    Right Guard
    R. Incognito
    A. Goldberg
    Right Tackle
    A. Barron - You're finally on notice. Look behind you.
    J. Greco
    Tight End
    R. McMichael - He can make the pro bowl if he takes advantage of Saunders offense.
    A. Becht
    J. Klopfenstein
    Wide Receiver 2
    D. Bennett
    D. Avery - This kid better have a better year than Devin Thomas.
    D. Stanley - Showed his return skills in 2007
    Quaterback
    M. Bulger
    T. Green
    B. Berlin
    Full Back
    B. Leonard - Leonard has reportedly bulked up to 234 pounds, about 10
    pounds heavier than last year. *sigh*

Running Back
    S. Jackson
    A. Pittman - He's got a chip on his shoulder.
    T. Minor

Special Teams
    Kicker
    J. Brown
    Punter
    D. Jones
    Kick Return
    D. Stanley
    Punt Return
    D. Stanley
    Long Snapper
    C. Massey
    Last edited by starfoxx; -06-01-2008 at 07:43 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Mock Depth Chart 2.0

A.Carriker - Still unclear where the Rams are playing him primarily, Nose or Upfield Tackle. My guess, Nose Tackle.
    C. Ryan - Will play in the UT spot on short yardage situations.
    Carriker is expected to start at UT and Ryan at NT

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Carriker is expected to start at UT and Ryan at NT
    I hear you. Than what will they do with two UTs in Glover and Wrotten? Their both to small to play NT. Who backs up Ryan at NT then?

chipperjones is offline Registered User

I could care less which one backs up Ryan and which one backs up Carriker. I just want and feel that Carriker and Ryan will both be starters. Im sure Glover has played both UT and NT at some point so I feel he'd be the one to make the change, not Wroten but I dont know. The only others I have questions about are WR and SLB. Im not ready to say either one of them will start over the other, but I dont care because I feel either one will be very productive. As far as WR goes you Caldwell over Burton who I'd like to see starting and I feel he can compete, but Im not going to argue because Caldwell has had a good year or two in the NFL. Also no Dante Hall. You see Stanley beating him out? He very well could, Im just wondering if you see us cutting Hall or if you see him as a returner and just didnt list it. Also I too feel McMichael can be a Pro Bowler, and I think Becht helps that. He wont have to stay back and block as much.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by starfoxx View Post
    You mean under tackle. Carriker will play UT.

Middle Linebacker
    W. Witherspoon - Should play outside. We need a thick thumper in this spot.
    T. McGarigle
    Witherspoon is listed 6-1 240 lbs, Patrick Willis is 6-1 242, Ray Lewis was 6-1 240 lbs few years ago. I think Witherspoon don't have weight issue to play MLB for the Rams.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    I could care less which one backs up Ryan and which one backs up Carriker. I just want and feel that Carriker and Ryan will both be starters. Im sure Glover has played both UT and NT at some point so I feel he'd be the one to make the change, not Wroten but I dont know. The only others I have questions about are WR and SLB. Im not ready to say either one of them will start over the other, but I dont care because I feel either one will be very productive. As far as WR goes you Caldwell over Burton who I'd like to see starting and I feel he can compete, but Im not going to argue because Caldwell has had a good year or two in the NFL. Also no Dante Hall. You see Stanley beating him out? He very well could, Im just wondering if you see us cutting Hall or if you see him as a returner and just didnt list it. Also I too feel McMichael can be a Pro Bowler, and I think Becht helps that. He wont have to stay back and block as much.

We've got alot of guys on the roster that can return kicks. Burton, Avery, Hagans, Stanley and Hall. We have to wait until training camp to get an idea who is the front runner. But, in my opinion, if someone were to get edged out, I'd pick Dante Hall. I'm pretty sure he left the x factor back in kansas city. Stanley is who I want to succeed. He showed alot of consistencey last year and he was pretty durable.

I hear you about Carriker and Ryan. I for one would be very concerned who is backing who. It's no like the guys along the defensive line play every snap, their is alot of rotating. I want a back up who can spell the 1 and not be a liability, but be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Torry Holt View Post
    You mean under tackle. Carriker will play UT.

Under Tackle and Upfield Tackle same position.

Witherspoon is listed 6-1 240 lbs, Patrick Willis is 6-1 242, Ray Lewis was 6-1 240 lbs few years ago. I think Witherspoon don't have weight issue to play MLB for the Rams.

I didn't say he has a weight issue. I like Witherspoon just as much as the next person. But some may not agree, but Witherspoon has awhile before he is as good as Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis. When you can get 174 tackles, 135 are solo in a 3-4 defense, you're not from this planet. But what I'm saying is If we can get someone who is stout and well built like Urlacher and who has a nose for the inside running game. Take him and move Witherspoon to the outside. Take a look at Rey Maualuga from USC6-3 250. Or Brandon Spikes from Florida, 6-3 244 for the 2009 draft.

We've got alot of guys on the roster that can return kicks. Burton, Avery, Hagans, Stanley and Hall. We have to wait until training camp to get an idea who is the front runner. But, in my opinion, if someone were to get edged out, I'd pick Dante Hall. I'm pretty sure he left the x factor back in kansas city. Stanley is who I want to succeed. He showed alot of consistencey last year and he was pretty durable.

I hear you about Carriker and Ryan. I for one would be very concerned who is backing who. It's no like the guys along the defensive line play every snap, their is alot of rotating. I want a back up who can spell the 1 and not be a liability, but be effective.
    No, I mean I am concerned I just dont care which one (Glover-Wroten) is backing up which position.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Just a few reactions here...

Clifton Ryan - Are you sure he's not subbing at nose tackle so Carriker can slide over to UT? I wasn't watching the formation closely enough in most games to see which side each lined up on, but Ryan has the reputation as being more of a pure nose tackle.

Chris Draft - I agree. At this point, I'd have to say he's got the inside track for the starting job.

Will Witherspoon - Do we really need a "thumper" in the middle? A big hitter with limited range in pass defense is only going to be a two down player anyway. I mean really, isn't there something to be said for speed in the guy who has the best view of the play developing?

David Vabora - I think there's an unwritten rule that you have to have played in at least one game before you can qualify as a budding star in any capacity.

Donnie Avery - How well he does compared to Devin Thomas this year is kind of irrelevant isn't it? Avery will be at best third on the depth chart behind Holt and Bruce, while Thomas will be buried behind Moss and Randle El. Unless one of the starters goes down on either team, neither player is likely to put up gaudy numbers.

Brian Leonard - I'll second that *sigh*. It's frustrating to see a nice kid in over his head, but he has such a long way to go just to be a competent blocker as a fullback, much less the versatile blocker/runner/pass-catcher he was drafted to be. This will only be his second year, though, so there's still hope.

On a final note, I'd just like to point out that this couldn't be the roster for week one, since it is 53 names long not including Josh Brown, Donnie Jones, or Chris Massey.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Avery will be at best third on the depth chart behind Holt and Bruce
    It's tough one to let go isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Haha, oh yeah. my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    No, I mean I am concerned I just dont care which one (Glover-Wroten) is backing up which position.

I see. Well, all I can say is if Glover bulks up to 300+ pounds where you want your NT to be, then sure move Carriker to UT and make sure he sheds some of that 312 pounds off.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Just a few reactions here...

David Vabora - I think there's an unwritten rule that you have to have played in at least one game before you can qualify as a budding star in any capacity.

On a final note, I'd just like to point out that this couldn't be the roster for week one, since it is 53 names long not including Josh Brown, Donnie Jones, or Chris Massey.
    David Vabora might not make the Team. ?budding star?
    Goldenfleece is right, Time to go back to the drawing board for the Mock depth chart 3.0

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Offense
    Wide Receiver 1
    T. Holt
    R. Caldwell - Unfortunately. I can see him making it through camp.
    K. Burton
    Left Tackle
    I wouldn't sell Caldwell short at this point. Reche knows Saunders offense and likely has a "chip on his shoulder" as well. He has a very good opportunity to be the #3 receiver, in fact if he stays healthy through camp and pre-season, he could even get some work at #2 if Bennett were to falter. Given the complexity of Saunders offense, I would expect that the rookie wideouts will see mostly spot duty (barring injuries to starters) during their first year in the league. Of all our receivers, Holt, Caldwell and Hall have the most knowledge and experience playing in Al's system. Hall is the one who will have to fight the hardest of the aforementioned group to make the club IMO, unless Stanley screws up big time as a returner ...

Center
    M. Settersom - Reports are he is proving to be more capable at Center. At 6-4 314pds, he has a big advantage over the smaller Romberg.
    B. Romberg
    Where did you read or hear this? Do you have a link? Romberg will fight like a tiger to hold on to his job. Mark will really have a battle on his hands to dislodge Brett IMO. Having said that, Setterstrom is one of my favorites, I think he is an excellent run blocker when he is healthy .. This will probably be a tough decision for the coaching staff when it comes down to choosing the starter. That's a nice problem to have though ..

Overall -- great post !! Very good overall summary ..

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Yeah...Bennett...He'll be behind Bennett.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast