lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Monday Night Football

For the first time in seven years, we are busy preparing for a Monday Night Football game at the Edward Jones Dome. The opportunity to host a Monday Night Football game is the direct result of our fansí passion and the environment you create at the Edward Jones Dome, so first and foremost I want to thank all of you for your unwavering support and helping to make this night happen.
    Candidly, one of the last things I envisioned when the NFL schedule was announced in April is that the World Series could be played down the street on the night of our game AND that we would be playing without Sam Bradford in the lineup. However, in the face of challenges comes great opportunity, and that is exactly what our organization has now.
    St. Louis is a great sports city and Monday night provides a unique opportunity to demonstrate our civic passion for sports in one of our communityís greatest doubleheaders of all time. We know you have waited a long time for Monday Night Football, so we want to ensure that we provide a great MNF environment while also allowing you to follow all of the World Series action down the street. We will be showing the Cardinals game live on the Jumbotron during pre-game and halftime, and we will provide highlights and updates after each inning. Televisions throughout the Edward Jones Dome will be showing both our game and the Cardinals game. As part of our Team St. Louis celebration, we will be offering free hot dogs and 2 for 1 Bud Light draughts for $3 in the Bud Light Party Zone from 6-7 p.m. so that you can get ready for a historic sports evening in Downtown St. Louis in St. Louisí largest sports bar. Finally, Marching Mizzou will be playing at halftime, a longtime favorite of our fans and a halftime act that many of you have requested over the past few seasons.
    Our excitement regarding Monday night is not contained to the World Series atmosphere or the halftime entertainment. While we are disappointed to have lost Sam to injury, our young team remains resolute and the opportunity to achieve our goals for this season remain in front of us. Just over one week ago, we had our biggest margin of victory on the road in 12 years, dating back to the 2001 Super Bowl team. Our young players are growing up by the week, and while there have been (and will continue to be) ups and downs, we remain confident in the direction of our team. Heading into Monday night, we remain one game out of the playoff chase with more than half of the season left to play. Our coaching staff, players and organization are eager to prove that this team will remain competitive and in the playoff picture just as we did a year ago.
    One thing that I want to make sure I convey in this email is how much our players respect Kellen Clemens and his ability to step in and lead our team. Kellenís role as the backup quarterback the past two years has given him extensive time to work with our young receivers and running backs, and as a result, they have a great working relationship. Kellen knows our offense, and his performance in the final week of the preseason and in the final game of 2011 prove he can be effective when given a chance to play with the first team offense. Because of his mentorship and camaraderie with his teammates, our players believe in Kellen and have rallied around him.
    The good news in regards to Samís injury is that we expect he will make a complete and full recovery in time for this start of the 2014 season. Perhaps the most frustrating element of the injury is that Sam was playing the best football of his career. In the three-game stretch before his injury, he was the 2nd leading passer in the NFL, having posted back to back three touchdown performances and a career-best passer rating against Houston. Our offense was finding its rhythm and was growing up each week.
    I know this season has provided its share of highs and lows, exhilaration and frustration. We remain fully confident that we are headed on the right path and look forward to the progress of the youngest team in the NFL over the second half of the season. Optimism and confidence remain high in our building, and our focus on developing our young core is unwavering. On behalf of Coach Fisher, Les Snead, myself and our entire organization, we look forward to you joining us on Monday for a night seven years in the making, a night that will be remembered as one of the greatest nights in St. Louis sports history. In the words of Hank Williams Jr., Downtown St. Louis will be a Monday Night Party!
    Sincerely,
    Kevin Demoff
    Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Chief Operating Officer
    St. Louis Rams

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Re: Monday Night Football

Thanks for sharing. I was curious how the Rams would handle having a world series game playing down the street.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

I know this season has provided its share of highs and lows, exhilaration and frustration. We remain fully confident that we are headed on the right path and look forward to the progress of the youngest team in the NFL over the second half of the season. Optimism and confidence remain high in our building, and our focus on developing our young core is unwavering.
    Been a fan since 95 when I ETSed from army, and this just sounds all to familiar.

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

The good news in regards to Sam’s injury is that we expect he will make a complete and full recovery in time for this start of the 2014 season. Perhaps the most frustrating element of the injury is that Sam was playing the best football of his career. In the three-game stretch before his injury, he was the 2nd leading passer in the NFL, having posted back to back three touchdown performances and a career-best passer rating against Houston. Our offense was finding its rhythm and was growing up each week.

with all due respect, they played 2 of the worst teams in the league 2 weeks in a row to compile that stat.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM29JACKSON View Post
    with all due respect, they played 2 of the worst teams in the league 2 weeks in a row to compile that stat.
    even so, that also has to speak about the entire team

can't throw to what's not open