Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

  1. #16
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    I though baseball used to try to avoid having a playoff game Vs. MNF. It shows their stupidity and why there ratings aren't as good as the NFL. I'm not a Cards fan so I'll be watching the Rams. I hope the MLBs ratings suffer for going up against the NFL.


  2. #17
    GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    I'll just add that if Bradford isn't able to go Monday, nobody is going to go to the game. And can you blame them? If you're a fan of the Cards and Rams, would you rather stay home and flip between the World Series and MNF, or be in the dome, not have your phone work to get live updates of the ball game and watch Clemens run Shottys offense.

  3. #18
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    I'll just add that if Bradford isn't able to go Monday, nobody is going to go to the game. And can you blame them? If you're a fan of the Cards and Rams, would you rather stay home and flip between the World Series and MNF, or be in the dome, not have your phone work to get live updates of the ball game and watch Clemens run Shottys offense.
    Yeah one of the things I was surprised at when I went to the bash was the fact that there was no wifi or cell coverage whatsoever.

  4. #19
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Based on what I saw during my visit for the Jaguars game I would say your suspicion will come true. St Louis is certainly a baseball town and most of the people there are watching the Cards. Rams are secondary and possibly third to the Blues with the way they have been playing the last six years. Let's hope they turn it around though.
    I didn't want to dump on the city of St. Louis, but I saw the same thing. There was virtually no support for the Rams from restaurants, stores, or on the street. I actually felt like an outsider walking around town with my Rams gear on, and I'm pretty sure I got some looks of disdain, and some snickers. At one of the restaurants I ate at, the waiter loved the Cards, but could care less about the Rams, and kept saying, "I hope YOU GUYS win on Sunday". Then there was the employee at a mall store who said they never saw Rams fans, and never sold Rams merchandise. I saw Cardinals and Blues banners all over town, but not one for the Rams.

    I have a feeling the city has basically given up on the Rams, and could care less if they stay or go, and what we saw today isn't going to help the situation.

    Monday Night is going to be brutal, in so many ways.

  5. #20
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I didn't want to dump on the city of St. Louis, but I saw the same thing. There was virtually no support for the Rams from restaurants, stores, or on the street. I actually felt like an outsider walking around town with my Rams gear on, and I'm pretty sure I got some looks of disdain, and some snickers. At one of the restaurants I ate at, the waiter loved the Cards, but could care less about the Rams, and kept saying, "I hope YOU GUYS win on Sunday". Then there was the employee at a mall store who said they never saw Rams fans, and never sold Rams merchandise. I saw Cardinals and Blues banners all over town, but not one for the Rams.

    I have a feeling the city has basically given up on the Rams, and could care less if they stay or go, and what we saw today isn't going to help the situation.

    Monday Night is going to be brutal, in so many ways.
    Hey Mike,

    I walked all through downtown. I asked everyone I encountered, servers, bar patrons, hotel workers etc. if they were Ram fans. Nobody was. Some of the comments:

    Rams suck why would I root for them?
    I am a Whiner fan
    Best line was "I am a Ram fan....and a Seahawk fan"...go figure.
    One guy professed to being a Ram fan but could not name any current players!!!!

    In the SF Bay Area, you would not ever see a store with jersey's from other NFL teams so proudly and widely displayed. The word that came to mind during my stay was apathy towards the Rams and the lack of support reminded me a great deal of what I saw in Anaheim in the last few years.

    Big difference I see in the team now vs. then....an owner that is willing to spend money to make the team competitive vs. and owner that really just wanted to move to St Louis and it showed by the lack of quality product on the field.

    BTW, I am not a move to LA theorist. But IMO, The Rams will leave if there is not better support.
    PARamfan likes this.

  6. #21
    Yodude's Avatar
    Yodude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here don't you think. I'm thinking we should worry about winning 3 in a row before we move on to 4 in a row.
    As they commonly say in Geometry....Q.E.D.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

  7. #22
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,008
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    In the SF Bay Area, you would not ever see a store with jersey's from other NFL teams so proudly and widely displayed. The word that came to mind during my stay was apathy towards the Rams and the lack of support reminded me a great deal of what I saw in Anaheim in the last few years.
    Mac, it was pretty surreal to listen to that sales rep rationalize to us why they had Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick shirts sitting on top of the one Rams shirt they had. He didn't even think it was a big deal.
    macrammer and PARamfan like this.

  8. #23
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Monday Night vs the Seahawks Conflict

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Mac, it was pretty surreal to listen to that sales rep rationalize to us why they had Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick shirts sitting on top of the one Rams shirt they had. He didn't even think it was a big deal.
    That would NEVER happen with ANY team in Philly. All shops are 70+ % home team then the current popular teams/players. If St. Louis wants to only support Cards/ maybe blues then ultimately that is what they will be left with. I will add I don't fall on either side on this as I live in PA and it would be farther for me to travel should they move back to LA but they are an NFL team that has won a SUPER BOWL in St. Louis and their are cities that never won it that support their NFL team 500% better than St. Louis does the Rams. Maybe they want the Cardinals back or maybe they don't deserve a NFL team but the apathy is mind boggling.
    macrammer likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. On Monday Night Countdown...
    By stlramman in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -12-23-2008, 12:54 PM
  2. Monday Night
    By TekeRam in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -12-05-2007, 06:30 PM
  3. Monday Night Football
    By laram0 in forum Articles by laram0
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-09-2006, 12:05 PM
  4. New Monday night crew
    By RamWraith in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
  5. After Monday night . . .
    By SignMan_Sec_124 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -12-21-2001, 10:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •