Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Monday Night's better QB?

OK, I'll admit it. I am dreading Monday, because we haven't shown ourselves to be a dominant force this year. Take away our head coach, and that adds to my pain.
    So, I am going to be watching something besides the scoreboard.
    They have Peyton. We have Marc. Marc is the one QB I would put up against Peyton in a two-minute drill.
    Not counting the TD's thrown, which one is going to look the best come Monday?

I think this one question is the toss-up.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Monday Night's better QB?

I honestly say Peyton. Our secondary is to beat up. And there is doing great.
    RamsFan16

LongSackTheClown is offline Registered User

I think Peyton has to be considered the best quarterback in the league and I think he'll put up big numbers against the battered Rams secondary.
    Your signature was edited by a moderator because it is inappropriate for this website.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Sam
    They have Peyton. We have Marc. Marc is the one QB I would put up against Peyton in a two-minute drill.
    Not that I have much against kool-aid, but I think you're reaching for Jim Jones' cup here.

Marc's been spoon fed all his career. He can't carry a baby rattle yet in terms of audibilizing. Peyton's carrying 2 -3 plays to the line each time. Marc's looking into the headlights pleading for someone to turn up the volume in his headset.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

People will scoff at this question, but I think it's an interesting one. Bulger is passing more, Manning less. Bulger is under constant duress, being sacked 20 times, with defenses knowing he has to pass. Manning looks like he has been pretty comfortable, being sacked only once. Looking at the circumstances each of these guys have had to function in, Bulger's numbers are extremely impressive IMO, compared to Manning's.

How this translates to Monday's game, who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. But Marc Bulger is by no means automatically going to be outplayed by Payton Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    People will scoff at this question, but I think it's an interesting one. Bulger is passing more, Manning less. Bulger is under constant duress, being sacked 20 times, with defenses knowing he has to pass. Manning looks like he has been pretty comfortable, being sacked only once. Looking at the circumstances each of these guys have had to function in, Bulger's numbers are extremely impressive IMO, compared to Manning's.

How this translates to Monday's game, who knows, we'll just have to wait and see. But Marc Bulger is by no means automatically going to be outplayed by Payton Manning.
    Thank you. You understood what I was trying to say.
    Maybe i should have let you ask the question....

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Martz's Offense does not contain ANY audibles- the plays themselves contain enough options to address any situation, supposedly. By carrying "2-3 plays to the line each time", Peyton has more options as QB than Marc. I'm not even attempting to answer who is better, I'm merely pointing out that each QB takes a diametrically opposed gameplan to the line with him each play. Comparing them would only be fair within the same or similar systems.

The last time I checked, a forward pass was a forward pass, whether we are forced to pass all day or not. When a team can successfully pass the ball for 300+ yards a game, who cares WHY they are doing so, only that they CAN do so. Yeah sure, we didn't win some of those games, but just because we had to abandon the run does NOT mean our stats are skewed. A completed pass we HAD to throw counts for just as much as a completed pass we WANTED to throw.

Peyton is a Bad-a$$, no question, but if any team can keep up with him offensively, we are it.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Dez?

What about you?

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68
    Peyton is a Bad-a$$, no question, but if any team can keep up with him offensively, we are it.
    Which Rams team are you referring to? You must be thinking back to the Rams of a few seasons ago...recent history has the Rams scoring over 30 points just FOUR times in the last 25 regular season games. Lets not fool ourselves about this being some high scoring powerhouse team...as it ONCE was. We couldnt keep up with his LITTLE BROTHER just 2 weeks ago. Kool aid drinkers indeed.

Well, thanksfully I am working in Ireland so I wont have the chance to watch or listen to this game.

I would love to see the Rams win one for the boss but my head tells me its will be a wipe out.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Which Rams team are you referring to? You must be thinking back to the Rams of a few seasons ago...recent history has the Rams scoring over 30 points just FOUR times in the last 25 regular season games. Lets not fool ourselves about this being some high scoring powerhouse team...as it ONCE was. We couldnt keep up with his LITTLE BROTHER just 2 weeks ago. Kool aid drinkers indeed.
    Where did I mention scoring? Nowhere. I'm talking QB's, like the thread title suggests. Yardage through the air. Sure, we lost, but we still put up over 400 yards of offense against the Giants. That was my point.
    We couldn't keep up because our defense sucks. Marc Bulger's job is not to stop opposing QB's.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

RDU
    RDU is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan

Ah yes, but we've scored 30 twice in 3 games :tongue:

Our offense is 2nd in yards, 4th in scoring (which was a problem all last year)

Im not saying thats 99-01 like, but we have FAR bigger problems on the other side of the ball

morgetha is offline Registered User

As far as I remember, I had seen the Rams did audibles, but that was long long time ago(see my signature).

Peyton is considered the best QB in the league. Although he has put up impressive numbers once in all 5 games, but I think he'll be able to do things like his brother did, and probably better.

As for Marc, he'll be a very efficient QB if he wasn't asked to throw too much. But well, that depends on the D.
    The Greatest Show on Turf

! Best offense ever !

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm not sure that I agree about P Manning being the best QB in the league. D Mcnabb is right up there in my opinion injury riddled or not. Bulger still has a ways to go to be classified as an elite QB. He's a great fantasy QB but the name of the game is wins !

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0
    I'm not sure that I agree about P Manning being the best QB in the league. D Mcnabb is right up there in my opinion injury riddled or not. Bulger still has a ways to go to be classified as an elite QB. He's a great fantasy QB but the name of the game is wins !

Does that mean that the only three great QB's in the league the last five years were Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Tom Brady?

Gawd, I hope not...

EDIT: Sorry, said five years and then only covered 4. Added Trent to get the fifth year.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
    Last edited by thoey; -10-13-2005 at 02:58 PM.
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast