View Poll Results: Is Bernie right or wrong?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's right. I'm frustrated and have nearly had enough.

7 13.21%
  • He's wrong. The ownership issue is a concern, but I'm happily focused on the draft.

46 86.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Mood of Rams Fans: Is Bernie Right or Wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ...is he kidding? The simple fact that Georgia or any of her siblings will not be in charge (soon) makes this season the most interesting, and exciting in many, many, years.

This franchise can only go up.

Oh yeah. For those of us who endured nearly 30 years of Georgia ... this is a minor bump in the road. I personally cannot wait until all this is over, but write off the Rams? C'mon .
    Wrong again, Bernie!

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    You have no idea what the fans in STL feel. From talking to friends of mine back home in STL and SEMO, every one of them are just about sick of it. Bernie may not necessarily be talking to the whole Rams Nation but I guarantee he is speaking for the majority of the local fan base.
    Exactly what are they sick of? What does it matter that the team is for sale? How is that a distracting issue for anyone? I can't speak for any fan but myself, but I fail to see how the sale of the team is anything but a good thing at this point. Anyone who's stressing out about this sale needs to take a Zanax or roll themselves a fattie.

30 Years of Frontiere ownership turned this team into a despicable mess. The 3 good years '99 - '01 were more of an accident than anything else. A stroke of good fortune akin to the blind squirrel finding a nut. While Chip has done a respectable job in his short tenure, I'm pretty sure his main motivation was to get as much for the team as possible. I'm pretty certain that if he had any intention of keeping the team, Shaw and Zygmunt would still be running the show and we'd have another loser as head coach.

It has never ceased to amaze me how (no disrespect to our resident attorneys or accountants) a lawyer and accountant, neither with any actual football knowledge, could be allowed to run an NFL franchise for so long. Any corporate entity needs a legal and financial presence, but not to run the whole show.

In my opinion, it was never Carrol Rosenbloom's intent that Georgia "run" the team. I think he left it to her to avoid inheritence taxes for his kids, the widow being exempt at that time (I think). I think his intention was that Steve Rosenbloom (who was VP of the Rams from '73 to '79) continue running the team, it's what he was groomed for. Later Georgia would pass the team on to Steve, who would then pass it to Chip and Lucia. Funny how a few weeks after Rosenbloom's death, Georgia fired Steve and took full control. She was a Vegas skank to the end.

As far as I'm concerned, either Kroenke or Khan are an upgrade over anything we've seen over the last 30 years. Anyone who doesn't see that needs to get their head examined.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

This is kinda funny, since the Rams have not had a decent owner since CR died - 30 years ago.

After 40 some odd years of service as a Rams fan, this is nothing for me to fuss about.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    Exactly what are they sick of? What does it matter that the team is for sale? How is that a distracting issue for anyone? I can't speak for any fan but myself, but I fail to see how the sale of the team is anything but a good thing at this point. Anyone who's stressing out about this sale needs to take a Zanax or roll themselves a fattie.

30 Years of Frontiere ownership turned this team into a despicable mess. The 3 good years '99 - '01 were more of an accident than anything else. A stroke of good fortune akin to the blind squirrel finding a nut. While Chip has done a respectable job in his short tenure, I'm pretty sure his main motivation was to get as much for the team as possible. I'm pretty certain that if he had any intention of keeping the team, Shaw and Zygmunt would still be running the show and we'd have another loser as head coach.

It has never ceased to amaze me how (no disrespect to our resident attorneys or accountants) a lawyer and accountant, neither with any actual football knowledge, could be allowed to run an NFL franchise for so long. Any corporate entity needs a legal and financial presence, but not to run the whole show.

In my opinion, it was never Carrol Rosenbloom's intent that Georgia "run" the team. I think he left it to her to avoid inheritence taxes for his kids, the widow being exempt at that time (I think). I think his intention was that Steve Rosenbloom (who was VP of the Rams from '73 to '79) continue running the team, it's what he was groomed for. Later Georgia would pass the team on to Steve, who would then pass it to Chip and Lucia. Funny how a few weeks after Rosenbloom's death, Georgia fired Steve and took full control. She was a Vegas skank to the end.

As far as I'm concerned, either Kroenke or Khan are an upgrade over anything we've seen over the last 30 years. Anyone who doesn't see that needs to get their head examined.

This is a pretty good summary of Georgia's tenure as owner leading up to the present. I am not in the habit of speaking ill of the dead, but reality is that Georgia was not a good owner. She was the beneficiary of Carroll Rosenbloom's estate. The last twenty years, save for a four-five year window have been an embarrassment. The Rams were the 2nd worst team of the 90's, second only to the Bengals. And obviously the last several years have been a disgrace. Spread the blame around to multiple people, but it all starts with the owner. You are right in suggesting that any other owner at this point would be an upgrade.

That said, I do not wholeheartedly subscribe to the theory that the current ownership uncertainty "is no big deal". IT IS a big deal, and the sooner it gets resolved the better. An organization needs good leadership from the top down, and that starts with an owner with a clear vision of his franchise and what it will take to be successful. Yes, business can still be conducted without an owner in place and yes, money can still be budgeted so that the team can function but when there is a lame duck guy calling the shots or a yet to be approved ownership situation it muddies the waters. The Rams need stability and a clear leader, and for those reasons alone it is important that this situation is resolved in a relatively short period of time.

I'm sure Bernie is being facetious: Does anyone with a brain in their head REALLY BELIEVE that fans would abandon a team because no owner is in place? That said, the people of St. Louis have a right to be irritated. If they're gonna' invest their hard earned money (in these down economic times) in a sports team, they have every right to know who is calling the shots, if there's a true commitment to winning and if the future of the franchise lies in St. Louis.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Is it frustrating to be a Rams fan right now? Yes. Does it have anything to do with the ownership issue? No. But I can see how St Louisians might be concerned about a possible move to LA, since the media won't let the issue die.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Damn double post post.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -04-22-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Skank? Dude, thats harsh.

Kick the ol girl now that she's gone but she did bring the rams to St. Louis; and had a pretty good ride until her declining health. Ohhh....yeah, she did move the team. I can see why many hate her.

What I'm mad at Georgia for is prematurly showing off the 2001 Championship ring on national TV. Creating the "curse of the ring" we live under to this day.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post

Actually, I think the local fan base (as far as my friends are concerned) aren't so much in touch with the Rosenbloom fiasco as they are worried about another team leaving St. Louis. The Cardinals left a bitter taste in a lot of fans mouths when they left and they really don't want that to happen again.

That's the trepidation most are having with this. They just want stable ownership that also has loyalty to St. Louis. Right now, they aren't sure.

TheRammer Guest

these new Ram fans in STL need to get a grip... how many years of Gerogia? Finally we'll get a real owner either way this pans out, well at least way better than Gerogia ever was....All those fake or drama queen fans need to STFU or go cheer the CowGirls.. we don't need them

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Yea, but lets face facts her Rammer. Those "new" STL fans are a majority of the ones shelling out money to go to the games. Well, actually Colin Cowherd made a good point yesterday on his radio show that tv fans are more important than stadium fans because of tv money so I don't know.

This is getting more confusing than the IRS Tax Code and that's very hard to do.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Yea, but lets face facts her Rammer. Those "new" STL fans are a majority of the ones shelling out money to go to the games. Well, actually Colin Cowherd made a good point yesterday on his radio show that tv fans are more important than stadium fans because of tv money so I don't know.

This is getting more confusing than the IRS Tax Code and that's very hard to do.
    lol I hear ya man... dude but if that's my team I wouldn't care just as long as I could watch em play.. of course they have been pathetic in recent years but If I lived in STL i'd for dump some dollars to watch em get owned lol. at least i get to yell...

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Skank? Dude, thats harsh.

Kick the ol girl now that she's gone but she did bring the rams to St. Louis; and had a pretty good ride until her declining health. Ohhh....yeah, she did move the team. I can see why many hate her.
    ...not to derail the topic, but for the record: me and my fam were "kickin the ol girl" long before she moved the team. so just as a reminder out there to some, not everyone hates her BECAUSE she moved the team. she was hated long before that.

As for the St L fans feeling uncertain and getting their panties in a wad, I guess all i can tell em is, I was a fan when the rams were in anaheim and l.a. and when they got moved out of my city. I'm still a fan after all these years despite the move. So if St. L's are feeling jilted? feeling like their "hard earned money" may be wasted on a team that might leave? Then all i got to say is WELCOME TO THE CLUB. it sucks i know, but its the way it is; and its the way it always will be. teams aren't put together for the fun of it. its a business, and if business is slow (whether due to horrible product or not), the business will go to wherever the money is.

so i guess you all know where my vote stands on this one: as far as i'm concerned, its a sub plot. i've barely given it much thought to be honest, and i'm a little surprised people are so up in arms about it. i can understand where the anxiety stems from, but i don't see it as anything that merits our attention; and i've never seen anything Bernie writes as meriting our attention either. he's the chief troll among trolls. like a li'l Kim Jong Il of trolls.

I'll take this situation of Kroenke vs Khan over Al Davis anyday!!!!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    ...not to derail the topic, but for the record: me and my fam were "kickin the ol girl" long before she moved the team. so just as a reminder out there to some, not everyone hates her BECAUSE she moved the team. she was hated long before that.

As for the St L fans feeling uncertain and getting their panties in a wad, I guess all i can tell em is, I was a fan when the rams were in anaheim and l.a. and when they got moved out of my city. I'm still a fan after all these years despite the move. So if St. L's are feeling jilted? feeling like their "hard earned money" may be wasted on a team that might leave? Then all i got to say is WELCOME TO THE CLUB. it sucks i know, but its the way it is; and its the way it always will be. teams aren't put together for the fun of it. its a business, and if business is slow (whether due to horrible product or not), the business will go to wherever the money is.

so i guess you all know where my vote stands on this one: as far as i'm concerned, its a sub plot. i've barely given it much thought to be honest, and i'm a little surprised people are so up in arms about it. i can understand where the anxiety stems from, but i don't see it as anything that merits our attention; and i've never seen anything Bernie writes as meriting our attention either. he's the chief troll among trolls. like a li'l Kim Jong Il of trolls.

I'll take this situation of Kroenke vs Khan over Al Davis any day!!!!
    Sounds like you were around to see the "GEORGIA: PLEASE SELL THE TEAM!!" signs that abounded during her last years in LA and Anaheim ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12