Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: More Bernie !!!

macrammer is online now Registered User

Re: More Bernie !!!

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You know, Bernie is not everyone's cup of tea. He is often self-serving, tries to set himself up to be right on future events (ignoring things when he's wrong), and as Av mentioned, often thinks he's part of the story. He is a polarizing figure who seems to take joy in using his platform to belittle those that don't follow his musings in lock-step.

For me, Bernie's "bytes" and articles on Sam Bradford last year represent why I'm not a big Bernie fan. He would rip Bradford in one article, then in the next, he would criticize the Bradford "basher" fans, then in the next, he's singing Bradford's praises, then follows it up by intimating that there could be a quarterback controversy next year, and that it would be "na´ve to dismiss the possibility", basically trying to create a story where there isn't one. Classic Bernie.

And let's be real here, it's been a running gag for years and years to have some laughs making fun of Bernie and his columns, so I'm not sure I get the almost passionate support for the guy or the compulsion to blast those that don't like what Bernie puts out. Bernie is a big boy, knows criticism goes with the territory, and can take it. Let's not make him out to be some unfairly treated victim.

I'll give Bernie credit for one thing, his articles often spark debate, which is why I post them.
    I do not mind Bernie and take his for what he is. I am just happy to have the ability to access the information about the Rams given in the "old days" I used to have to drive out of my way to work to find an LA newspaper to see an article or two on my beloved Rams. I never take his or any other report too seriously.....just enjoy reading about my boys. I do get a kick out of how some folks do react to his articles
    MauiRam and r8rh8rmike like this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I stick up for the bern, he's part of Saint Louis. Like my friends, I like him dispite the way he is, just like I do the jealous wannabes here whose knees jerk every time they see his name.
    "The horror"

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    For me, Bernie's "bytes" and articles on Sam Bradford last year represent why I'm not a big Bernie fan. He would rip Bradford in one article, then in the next, he would criticize the Bradford "basher" fans, then in the next, he's singing Bradford's praises, then follows it up by intimating that there could be a quarterback controversy next year, and that it would be "na´ve to dismiss the possibility", basically trying to create a story where there isn't one. Classic Bernie.
    Yep, that was the kicker for me as well. He'll play both sides, and each time pretend as if the side he's not on this week is crazy. He feeds fringe parts of the fanbase (such as with your QB controversy example) yet acts surprised that those elements exist.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I certainly don't hate Bernie or everything he writes, but this statement by a poster who says he knows him well, puts Bernie into perspective for me and gives a good indication of why he's not the most popular columnist around here, and often the butt of jokes :

I do know that he thinks most football fans, at least the more vocal ones, are IDIOTS. He says it all the time on his show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12