Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: More Bernie on Long Choice

Not currently living in STL, I don't read much Bernie, but it strikes that he basically has no idea what he's talking about and just tries to re-write history to fit it into his worldview.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    The key is Ryan. He had a decent rookie year, and if he takes that to another level this year the Rams are good at DT. If not, then they will be looking next year at DT in the draft and there may not be another Dorsey.

Ahh, who knows. I don't, I have no idea how either one of these guys are going to turn out.

I agree. If Ryan hadn't shown promise, I definately think they would have taken Dorsey. But since Ryan looks like he might be an answer at DT, DE became our greatest need.

majorram is offline Registered User

I agree with you guys that Ryan is the key and I think that he will have a monster year this season if the Rams just give him the the chance to play full time....Get this guy on the field......The Dorsey issue is history!!! lets move on...

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

shower beers is offline Registered User

Both of these guys are going to be good football players, and just happen to play different positions. Is Dorsey going to be so good, that we are a worse team for selecting Long instead of him. I certainly doubt it.

People seem to be looking past the fact that we too, selected a great player, and there just may have been more than one outstanding talent to choose from.

We can't have everything, and we took what we needed the most.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Yeah, and we'll be about as happy as the teams who passed on Adrian Peterson if he doesn't.
    You can't guarantee that.

Look at the teams who passed on Peterson. Raiders, Browns, Lions, Bucs Redskins and Arizona. Can one of those teams, speaking retrospecitvely, say they had need enough to warrant the selection of Peterson? The Raiders thought they were set with Fargas, LaMont Jordan and Dominic Rhodes and not a legitimate QB in sight. The Lions had Tatum Bell and Kevin Jones and a stack of needs elsewhere. The Browns could have gone OL or QB with Jamaal Lewis already in the backfield. Turns out went with both. The Bucs had Caddilac Williams at number 5 two years ago, and needs along the DL. Arizona had Edgerrin, who, admittedly, was slowing down, but there's no way anybody was going anywhere without a tackle to protect Leinart and help in the trenches. Washington had Clinton Portis.

Minnesota just so happened to have one of the most star-studded OL's in football. Brik, Hutchinson and McKinnie. There's three pro-bowlers right there. The Vikes put two and two together, and Peterson thrived. But the catch is that so did Chester Taylor during the three weeks Peterson was out, and even thereafter. He had a 200 + APY game.

Despite his immediate production, it looks that in the curent climate, you'll need two to three seasons to fully grade the ability of your draft picks. Classic case is Mario Williams. Bet the Texans are pissed pissed that they passed on Reggie Bush after he was integral to the Saints one playoff run, and was stuck in third gear thereafter, whilst Williams led the league in sacks in year 2?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

On Bernie.....

Nevermind the quite childish and less-than-subtle use of the homophobic locution, "man-love". BM, why don't you go full tilt school yard? Steal Devaney's kickball and run back to homeroom yelling "f*gg*t" over your shoulder back at the Rams.

You got played. They sold you a Dorsey burger the week before the draft, and you ate it in one gulp. I'm sure it tasted fine after your "Brown's going on vacation" fries.

Just report the news, and stop trying to be the news.

On Dorsey/Long.......

Dorsey may be the next Sapp (7.79 sacks per season), and maybe Long is the next Kerney (8.47 sacks per season), but I must ask........is Dorsey able to take years off Little and Hall?

We know who makes up the interior with Long on the End.....Carriker and Ryan. This is potentially true for years to come. However, with Dorsey on the interior, who would man the ends? Next year? The year after?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12