Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

More on the faulk decision

I cant get over faulk being on the bench with the game on the line in favor of arlen harris. I demand an explanation for vitt and i want to know how it makes any sense at all. It appears to be the single dumbest coaching decision i have ever seen in the history of watching football. We are not talking about faulk vs. jackson here, we are talking about faulk vs. arlen harris, a back that has not been on the field for anything other than special teams in weeks.

Faulk had his helmet on indicating to me he was clearly ready to go. He was having a very productive game. we were trying to win which is why vitt pulled fitz for martin, what in the world would lead to this kind of decision.

This is a noteworthy story and i will tell you why. Is faulk coming back next year? That depends on a couple of things, first and foremost, does he want to. I expect faulk to make a decision after we get a new coach and faulk talks to the coach to see what his role will be. Why should he come back to get one touch a game or, in the event jackson is out, to get benched with the game on the line.

Harris actually made a nice blitz pickup but that is 100% beside the point.

Does anyone believe for even one second that if martz was coaching faulk would have been out of the game in that situation.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bruce_wannabe Guest

Re: More on the faulk decision

i trully think will end up next year on a different team unfortunetly.... his tenure with stl. is over...

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont see him on another team, we would take a real cap hit if we traded/cut him. the hit would not be nearly as bad if he retired after june 1 from what i have previously read. Of course, it is certainly not out of the question, but it would really be a shame. He still has gas left in the tank and jackson is proving to not be the most durable guy on the planet.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

not 2 make antone mad but i dont really care 4 jackson. ithink faulk should have started all the games

EvilXenu is offline Registered User

Faulk should have been given the chance to get 100 yards. It probably would have been his last 100 yard game and the Rams always win when they have a guy over 100.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

From what I've heard, Faulk says that he knew he was going to be out for that drive. These were supposedly plays that they had practiced with Harris in the backfield.

I do think that Faulk will be back next season unless something goes terribly wrong.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    From what I've heard, Faulk says that he knew he was going to be out for that drive. These were supposedly plays that they had practiced with Harris in the backfield.

I do think that Faulk will be back next season unless something goes terribly wrong.
    i dont belive it. i think something happened with marshall and one of the coaches

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Faulk will be back next year and until he's ready to hang it up. The question is will the RAMS bring in the type of OC that will make good use of all the players.
    I see Jackson's injury as a direct result of not keeping him fresh, and using Faulk more. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

It would be a sad day if he left the Rams. I have a lot of respect for Faulk. If they did cut him, it could end up biting them anyway. I don't think a team like the Seahawks would hesitate to go after him as at least a back up. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

RamTime Guest

Here's an idea. lets get some people up front who can half ass block then we can see if Faulk is finished. Faulk with half a step is still a very dangerous man with the football or did I see a different game? You don't throw out the knife because the butter is frozen do you?

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    Here's an idea. lets get some people up front who can half ass block then we can see if Faulk is finished. Faulk with half a step is still a very dangerous man with the football or did I see a different game? You don't throw out the knife because the butter is frozen do you?

Thats exactly how some of the line has been playing the last few years....FROZEN BUTTER!..........The D stuffs our line so bad the backs have not a prayer most of the time!............OP does not seem to be playing with heart these days or for the matter the last few years! Not to put it all on him! The middle has been needed to be recharged for some time!

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Didn't I hear vitt say that harris was better at picking up blitz's Some judge he is

Yodude is offline Registered User

I just checked Faulk's stats at NFL.com......for the season, he's averaging 6, yes, that's right, 6 touches per game. I don't care who the future is at running back for the Rams....there's no way you can tell me that Faulk's skills have deteriorated to the point where we can only utilize him for 6 plays per game.

As GC said, that's criminal.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i think you give faulk 12 touches a game and we might be looking at a much better record.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I think that 10-15 touches a game would be ideal for Faulk. Also, the double wing with Jackson and Faulk could be utilized a few plays a game. Faulk makes good yardage on his touches and we should utilize him.

On another note, Marshall Faulk is an outstanding individual and I am proud that he is a Ram.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast