Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

More Hadley: Turley out entire year

TURLEY OUT FOR YEAR
    Thursday, August 19
    18:27:47 CDT

TUNE INTO KTRS (THE BIG 550) TONIGHT FROM 6:30 UNTIL 9:00 TO TALK SPORTS, AND WE'LL TAKE YOUR CALLS

SIMPLY STATED...

FOR THOSE THAT CONTINUE TO ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS WITHOUT ACCEPTING THE ANSWERS... HERE YOU GO:

NO: Kyle Turley will not play football in 2004. I've said it before and will say it again... Turley will not play this season, and remains highly questionable for the 2005 season.

As I reported first, Turley will pass on the option of a second back surgery hence will spend a significant amount of "down time" this winter.

I've had two Rams sources confirm this report... and I've said on KTRS, I've said it on Fox Sports Midwest... nothing has changed since my initial reports, the references to a return in four weeks is wishful thinking.

YEP: For those mocking moi the last four weeks regarding my report (once again, first in ALL THE LAND, on Fox Sports Midwest, Dave Wohlabaugh "wouldn't" play this season.

Yes, the announcement came a week later than expected however it's now official.

OUCH: Insiders report that Jimmy Kennedy was on the field.... already injured. The significance of his injury was heightened in part due to lack of rest for the existing problem.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: More Hadley: Turley out entire year

Hadley's constant need to pat himself on the back for "breaking" stories just makes him look like a fool with very questionable credibility.

I suspect that it is probably true that Turley won't play this year, but I won't consider it "confirmed" until someone more reputable than Hadley is reporting the story.

Agreed. I think I'd be more tolerable of Hadley if he didn't feel the need to congratulate himself on everything he gets right. Still, I figured it was news worthy.

rampete is offline Registered User

hadley sounds like a 3.99 cents per min. psychic. he makes predictions based on conjectures based on possible or probable outcomes and when one seemingly comes true later on he can lay claim to special early insight and privileged connections... wasn't he the one to say that marshall won't play this season too?

hell, let me try one... my inside connections have told me that martz is on bad terms with aneas williams and will get rid of him within the next two or three seasons...

Well, Hadley speculated that Faulk might consider retirement if his knee is a problem. I don't think he ever flat out said "Faulk will retire in 2004" or something. I think Hadley's point was that Faulk wasn't at 100% and there were concerns as to what his role would be this season. Then it kind of blew up from there.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Well, Hadley speculated that Faulk might consider retirement if his knee is a problem. I don't think he ever flat out said "Faulk will retire in 2004" or something. I think Hadley's point was that Faulk wasn't at 100% and there were concerns as to what his role would be this season. Then it kind of blew up from there.
    That may be true, but if Faulk had retired, you know Hadley would have announced "I told you so!"

My sources tell me that the Rams will win all their games in which they outscore their opponents.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This is breaking news... I've had two Rams sources confirm just this morning that Jimmy Kennedy will indeed eat at McDonald's today instead of taking his usual trip to Taco Bell. Some suspect he'll order McNuggets; others speculate that he'll try something different this time - possibly even something off the Dollar Menu.

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

You're all on crack. Everyone knows Kennedy is on the Angus diet and he will be heading to Burger King.
    Sprtsmac :football:

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    That may be true, but if Faulk had retired, you know Hadley would have announced "I told you so!"
    Probably, but we should note that he didn't actually say Faulk would retire in 2004.