RamWraith is offline Registered User

More and more Bernie on the coaches

Re: Bernie's Sunday Article

When I spoke to Shaw on Sunday about the coaching search, he wasn't even aware of what I'd written in that day's paper.

I just wanted to re-trace the evolution of this "dysfunction" that has, in fact, ripped the organization apart over the last 2 plus seasons.

Sometimes I, and others, lose perspective. In this case, I needed to remind myself, and by extension others, that the Rams were fine -- and the object of a lot of national praise for how they approached things -- before Martz and Zygmunt had their falling out. That was the epicenter.

But believe as you wish; Rams fans, more than any other in town, are really caught up in conspiracy theories.

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way.... I find this interesting... and it appears I was wrong about one thing I wrote in Sunday's column -- that Shaw would be grilled by coaching candidates eager to know about the Rams' dysfunction in the front office.

So far according to Shaw, that hasn't been the case.

Zimmer told him that Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells told him it was a good place to work, and they shouldn't be concerned about the Rams -- that these coach/management rifts (like Martz vs. Zyggy and then Shaw) happen from time to time in any organization.

Rivera told them that Lovie Smith endorsed the Rams' job, and that he'd enjoy working for Shaw and Zygmunt.

Linehan asked one question -- which Shaw was happy to address -- about what went wrong with Martz. Linehan seemed satisfied with the answer. He also said that Nick Saban told him the Rams' gig was a good one, because the organization has won so many games since 1999.

For whatever it's worth.

If you think Shaw is lying about that, that's fine. Like I always say, believe as you wish.

--B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject: Jerry Gray

As I've written, Shaw was preparing for this coaching search 2-3 months ago.... he made a ton of calls, and did extensive professional background checks, to put together his list of candidates. The reports he got on Gray weren't very encouraging, so he took a pass.

--B

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: More and more Bernie on the coaches

[QUOTE=RamWraith]Re: Bernie's Sunday Article

When I spoke to Shaw on Sunday about the coaching search, he wasn't even aware of what I'd written in that day's paper.

I just wanted to re-trace the evolution of this "dysfunction" that has, in fact, ripped the organization apart over the last 2 plus seasons.

Sometimes I, and others, lose perspective. In this case, I needed to remind myself, and by extension others, that the Rams were fine -- and the object of a lot of national praise for how they approached things -- before Martz and Zygmunt had their falling out. That was the epicenter.

But believe as you wish; Rams fans, more than any other in town, are really caught up in conspiracy theories.

--B

[QUOTE=RamWraith]

I'm really not sure how I could address Mr Miklasz' inconsistency or his seeming contempt for the fans of St Louis (conspiracy theories indeed!) with any more candour than he did himself.

Given what he admitted he has said about Shaw in the past, pointing fingers at Rams fans regarding their paranoia and lauding Shaw to the heavens for his inspired leadership really is a little too much.

It is breathtaking in its hypocrisy and staggering in it's failure to address some of the most basic issues surrounding Rams Park.

We can disagree about HC candidates, players and schemes at will in these forums and take great delight in doing so, but I can honestly say I haven't see a more abjectly cringeworthy apologist for Shaw anywhere else before.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: More and more Bernie on the coaches

By the way.... I find this interesting... and it appears I was wrong about one thing I wrote in Sunday's column -- that Shaw would be grilled by coaching candidates eager to know about the Rams' dysfunction in the front office.

So far according to Shaw, that hasn't been the case.

Zimmer told him that Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells told him it was a good place to work, and they shouldn't be concerned about the Rams -- that these coach/management rifts (like Martz vs. Zyggy and then Shaw) happen from time to time in any organization.

Rivera told them that Lovie Smith endorsed the Rams' job, and that he'd enjoy working for Shaw and Zygmunt.

Linehan asked one question -- which Shaw was happy to address -- about what went wrong with Martz. Linehan seemed satisfied with the answer. He also said that Nick Saban told him the Rams' gig was a good one, because the organization has won so many games since 1999.

For whatever it's worth.

If you think Shaw is lying about that, that's fine. Like I always say, believe as you wish.

--B
    So I have to ask.....what exactly would Bill Parcells, Jerry Jones, or Nick Saban know about working for Shawgmunt anyway? And speaking of Nick Saban....should Linehan be impressed by an organization "because it has won so much since '99" when the position being filled is the coach that brought them those wins?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod