Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

More Tidbits from Bernie

General info...
    No press conference tonight.

They're hammering out the contract now.

I would guess that he'll be introduced at a presser Monday.

Spagnuolo didn't want control over the draft or free agency. He just wants to be able to set the roster with the players he has. He also believes in Devaney. They are old friends. There's a trust factor.

-B
    RE: Coordinators
    All I know is, he has guys lined up.

I don't know who they are. Sorry.

-B
    Garrett won't be the OC here.

-B
    I will try to explain the Garrett thing in a little while...

I need to leave my lair (home office) and walk down to the first floor and get some danged coffee brewing.

-B
    RE: Giants QB coach Chris Palmer
    Palmer would work. That sounds like a legit candidate.

Haslett was very interested in him as the OC next year if Haslett would have gotten the job here.

-B
    RE: Rosenbloom
    Couldn't agree more with the praise directed at Chip Rosenbloom.

This guy has told me all along that he wants to win, and he wants to honor his parents' legacy by building a proud franchise. It is especially important for young CR to keep his father's memory and legacy going; Chip really believes his dad has been something of a forgotten or overlooked figure in NFL history and I believe he's right about that. CR the elder was a great owner, one of the very best ever.

And as I wrote way back in September, even though the young CR is a softspoken guy, a genuinely polite and sensitive man, he also has some of his old man's fire and toughness. He wants to win. There should be no doubts now. He removed Zyggy, allowed Shaw to finally retire (for the most part) put a football man in charge, and has landed one of the top coaching candidates of this offseason.

CR promised a new beginning for the franchise and he's done his best to deliver.

And he's owned the freaking franchise for less than a year.

At this point I don't know how anyone could complain about him.

-B

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Re: More Tidbits from Bernie

Stupid question from a guy living in Denmark, Europe. Who is this Bernie and how does he get all that information?

Right now he is my personal hero for saving my day with all that good info
    Last edited by clarasDK; -01-17-2009 at 06:53 PM.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post
    Stupid question from guy living in Denmark, Europe. Who is this Bernie and how does he get all that information?

Right now he is my personal hero for saving my day with all that good info

Bernie is a beat writer for the Rams in St. Louis and a very close personal friend of AvengerRam. Those two have a great relationship based on respect and brotherly love for each other.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Bernie is a beat writer for the Rams in St. Louis and a very close personal friend of AvengerRam. Those two have a great relationship based on respect and brotherly love for each other.

Stirring the pot a little Tx?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post

So close is their relationship that Bernie runs into the Dome when he hears AV shout his name.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

It is refreshing to hear Bernie's compliments toward Chip Rosenbloom. As fans, I think we need to put our faith in this man. Thus far, he has done everything we could hope for to turn this thing around. He has gracefully handled the firing of Scott Linehan as well as the front office restructuring concerning Zygmunt and Shaw. He elevated Billy DeVaney, a respected football man, into the GM position. He gave Haslett the courtesy of an interview before moving in a different direction. And he hired a guy (Spagnuolo) most of us liked from the start but had doubts about because of cost. He has also talked about the desire to win and not just make change for the sake of change. Chip's actions have backed up his words thus far, and we couldn't have asked for anything more up to this point.

And the part about Carroll Rosenbloom was 100% dead on: He was an outstanding owner who was very underrated. He was loved by his players and had a passion for winning. One of the great injustices in Rams history happened when he tragically passed away before he could see the Rams in the Super Bowl- which happened later that year.

In closing, today is a very optimistic day in Rams football and I think more good things will come shortly for this franchise.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I have to say... if I'm Jeff Gordon or Jim Thomas, who have been reporting on the coaching search for weeks, I think I'd be a bit miffed at the fact that Bernie is getting "credit" for "breaking" the story merely because he can post what he learns on his message board in 10 seconds rather than actually having to write an article.

Of course, when you report every rumor as if you are breaking a story (ahem... Garrett), you are bound to stumble into the right information eventually.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-18-2009 at 12:12 AM.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

This is a great thread to see the inner workings of journalism and the unbreakable bond between a Floridian and his St. Louis idol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I have to say... if I'm Jeff Gordon or Jim Thomas, who have been reporting on the coaching search for weeks, I think I'd be a bit miffed at the fact that Bernie is getting "credit" for "breaking" the story merely because he can post what he learns on his message board in 10 seconds rather than actually having to write an article.

Of course, when you report every rumor as if you are breaking a story (ahem... Garrett), you are bound to stumble into the right information eventually.
    MEOW!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

I'm still 80% sure we're drafting Glenn Dorsey.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Lawlzors. Seriously, Bar-bq just made my day.