BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Mormon: Bennett Disappointing FO

Scott Mormon reported on KFNS 590 today that Drew Bennett is disappointing some poeple in the front office, who think that he, regardless of whatever injuries, has not lived up to his contract. They site Randy McMicheal's lack of production as a biproduct of Linehan's inability to get him involved in the offense. He also noted that McMicheal's helps alot with blocking. Any thoughts?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Mormon: Bennett Disappointing FO

Scott Mormon master of the obvious. Of course isnt everyone disappointed in Bennett? The guy has rarely seen the field because of injury. I'll be honest with you though this is the wrong year to evaluate anyone on offense. The playcalling and o-line has made Bruce and Holt look pretty average too. It would be nice to see Bennett string together some games healthy rather than be injured all the time.
    Just Fix It

general counsel is offline Registered User

What exactly is the complaint about bennett. He has been hurt and unable to get any kind of playing time or rhythm will bulger. Disappointing sure, but how can anyone blame him, the injuries are out of his control.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Well i think he knows he's got some proving to do. Now he's saying he's got his mojo back and both legs are good to go. I'll be pulling for him and the team. AIR IT OUT!!! Let him go up and get it baby.

mpire is offline Registered User

at this point I wouldn't be surprised to hear he went and got a hot dog during the game.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I think Randy McMicheal is being severely under utilized. We all know from his Miami days that he can go up and get the ball and make the big plays. Yet we aren't getting him the ball. I was surprised not to see a lot of Gus to Randy because they clicked so well together in Miami. The te should be the qb's best friend, but that is hard to do when you don't even get him involved in the game.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Scott Mormon reported on KFNS 590 today that Drew Bennett is disappointing some poeple in the front office
    In an update to this story, KFNS 590 is now reporting that the Pope is still Catholic, and Bears do, in fact, poop in the woods.

Okay, seriously, how can anyone not be disappointed with Bennett's performance. Granted, that's not blame I'm expressing.......just disappointment.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    What exactly is the complaint about bennett. He has been hurt and unable to get any kind of playing time or rhythm will bulger. Disappointing sure, but how can anyone blame him, the injuries are out of his control.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    He made it sound like they are disappointed in his overall ability as a WR.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Which is exactly my point bigdaddy. I dont know how anyone could have an informed opinion on his ability as a wide receiver when the guy has been injured basically the entire time.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    I think Randy McMicheal is being severely under utilized. We all know from his Miami days that he can go up and get the ball and make the big plays. Yet we aren't getting him the ball. I was surprised not to see a lot of Gus to Randy because they clicked so well together in Miami. The te should be the qb's best friend, but that is hard to do when you don't even get him involved in the game.
    When you have to keep him back in line as a pass protector more than you'd like, then he probably will be under utilized in the passing game. A stronger line that doesn't need as much help would allow us to get McMichael more involved down the field, IMO.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    In an update to this story, KFNS 590 is now reporting that the Pope is still Catholic, and Bears do, in fact, poop in the woods.
    Wow, and I thought the Pope was Polish...:\

Do bisons still poop on the plains?

I sometimes wonder if all the obvious shortcomings in this team of ours are as obvious to the FO, or if they are content to cash the television revenue checks which pad their bank accounts.

Somebody has compromising pictures of somebody else, maybe.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

ramsfan81 is offline Registered User

Once our o-line gets settled in and isnt bring in new personal every week then and only then can we see what our O can really do

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsfan81 View Post
    Once our o-line gets settled in and isn't bringing in new personal every week then and only then can we see what our O can really do

Agreed.
    The crux of it all. Crippled OL + injured Bennett = disappointment.

And then some.

Torry Holt, I'm sure he feels disappointed too and not just because of the maladies that have overwhelmed the OL, but because he's been limited physically as well. Ditto for Isaac Bruce.

I understand the observation made by Mr. Mormon. After all, expectations were high with respect to Drew Bennett this year. But what we've stated (OL, other players being in similar situations to Bennett's, i.e., injuries) brings balance to that opinion.

As 81 said, not until that outrageously changing OL of ours can establish itself will we be able to appreciate the Rams strength at offense.