RamWraith is offline Registered User

Morton and Bruce...Bruce and Morton

The more I read this morining, the more I think we will might see Morton in the Blue and Gold next year.

Could this mean the end of Bruce next year?? Bruce is getting to a point in his career where financial demands are going to be exhausting to a team. Holt is getting to point in his career where he is going to demand BIG money. Could the Rams be looking at Morton for the number two spot after thisseason, and drafting another reciever first round this year to groom for the number 3.

I REALLY think if we sign Morton you all can say good-bye to our greatest receiver ever

will is offline Registered User
    I find it hard to believe that Martz would give up one of his prized receivers so easily. Martz would sacrifice the whole defense, both of his legs, and maybe his mother to keep the talent that he has on offense. I don't see him letting either Bruce or Holt go anytime soon.

Moosey56 is offline Registered User
    If we do sign Morton? That could create a problem next year with cap considerations. Holt is going to be expensive in the coming years, and, Morton is also a quality reciever that will not be cheap! As far as Bruce leaving, No way Martz will let him go. He is one of the best if not the best receivers in the league.
    There is no dark side, its all dark ............

majorram is offline Registered User
    I'm with Will on this one I just don't see Mad Martz giving up one of his best recievers espcially Bruce and letting him go!!!! although tough decisions are going to have to be made...

My god I don't even won't to think about that thought, to me Bruce was the Rams in the early 90'ssss
    "The breakfast Club"

TIMLAN2057 is offline Registered User
    There will be all kinds of cap problems next year. This coming year may be our last in this particular window of opportunity anyway.

We need a quality third receiver. If we can sign Morton, let's sign him and let 2003 take care of itself.
    "If the fights were fake I'd have been in a helluva lot more of them." Wayne Gretzky

DJRamFan is offline Registered User
    Bruce will be retiring a Ram....Morton probably will sign elsewhere.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

Has anyone heard what kind of $$$ Morton is looking for or what he was making with the Lions???

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Sign Morton and let Bruce go? Two simple words will answer this idea:

Hell. No.

:shield:

X-FACTOR28 is offline Registered User
    With that in mind,thats why they are'nt offering Ricky more and I think if does not sign they will rely on draft and an open tryout for #3 with current recievers. Unless someone will take a one year deal, because we have to take care of #1 & #2. Ike and Torry our both elite, and alot of teams will make offers. I think that was the original intrest in Carter, a possible 1 year deal.
    X-FACTOR28

huntdux is offline Registered User
    Morton and Bruce are both 9 yr. vets. Isaac has what, five years left on the contract he signed when Kevin "candyman" Carter balked? He's not going anywhere until injuries eat him up, besides, Morton is probably in Hakim's boat looking for "starter" money.

Morton would be a great addition.....But, I think you are right HuntDux. I don't think he would like being in the #3 spot....

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Originally posted by X-FACTOR28:
    With that in mind,thats why they are'nt offering Ricky more
    Mike Martz has said that he would love to keep Ricky, but they can't afford to offer any more money to him than they already have. The Rams can't really control that; it all comes down to Ricky. If he really wants to stay with the Rams, he can, but if he wants another chance on another team with more money, then that's his decision to make- Not ours, unfortunately. :upset:

:shield:

will is offline Registered User
    Anybody have any idea what Morton would be looking for salary wise. It seems to me that it would probably be over the $750,000 the Rams are offering Proehl.

If that is the case, then why aren't the Rams using the extra money from Warner's restructured contract to sweeten the offer for Proehl. Or at least give the man his two year contract.

X-FACTOR28 is offline Registered User
    That's what I dont get, Ricky wants two years and retire a RAM, they can't afford that, and that's why they want a vet (ala Carter) looking for a one year deal? Is Ricky in Martz's eyes not good enough for the three spot? Carter is'nt exactly a burner, so I don't understand exactly what thier shooting for here. Not to mention Carter is gotta want more than Ricky (using Carter as an example) Morton probably wants a multi-year deal, Carter blew his shot, so I dont see alot of options, certainly no one out there with Hakim type speed. I don't know much about Jeravicious(?) was'nt he a 3rd down wr in ny? I know the giants are'nt exactly a wr hotbed. If they are going to sign someone, Morton is probably the best left.
    Last edited by X-FACTOR28; -03-29-2002 at 10:17 AM.
    X-FACTOR28