throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

The most disappointed I've been...

...since the Lions debacle. Last week was understandable- defending Super Bowl champs & third week in a row on the road. There was no excuse for today. KC is a decent team, but to come up with that offensive performance in your own building with everything to play for against an intrastate rival is pathetic.

Today was exhibit "A" for anyone still not convinced we need to address the receiver position early in the 2011 draft. Absolutely no ability whatsoever to stretch defenses or break big plays. Contrast that with a team like Philly- who won on the road today despite being down by 17 in the 3rd quarter against a quality opponent. The difference: Game breakers. We need one.

There is a reason guys like Robinson, Gibson, etc. were waived and fell in our laps: They really aren't very good. The coaches have done a decent job making them serviceable pieces, but not one guy out there would be even close to a featured performer on another team. Only Amendola- for whom I have the utmost respect- provides any excitement, and he is a 3rd or 4th option at best on a good team.

Bradford struggled again- a combination of the aforementioned receivers and the rookie mistakes that have dogged him from time to time this season. To his credit, he hung in there, led us on a drive to cut it to a touchdown, then the Rams immediately **** the bed on the ensuing KC possession by allowing a 70 yard run. Awful.

For all the strides they've made, the Rams aren't yet ready to beat good teams. They only beat one team with a winning record- San Diego- and they weren't playing well at the time. Whipping Denver, Arizona and Carolina is all well and good, but don't for a second get lulled into a false sense of security in thinking we've somehow turned the corner. There is much work to do.

Very, very disappointed in today's result.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: The most disappointed I've been...

Tebow now making a case for best rookie QB of the year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Tebow now making a case for best rookie QB of the year!
    And the people in this world are gonna jump all over him and completely forget about Bradford.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    And the people in this world are gonna jump all over him and completely forget about Bradford.
    Statistically, Colt McCoy has been the best of the bunch ...

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Statistically, Colt McCoy has been the best of the bunch ...
    That dosent matter to the "Fans of the Game" since Tebow is such a "good" guy and a "good" college QB he has to be the best NFL Rookie. I mean look no one is as good as him NO ONE!!!

~Sarcasm

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    ...since the Lions debacle. Last week was understandable- defending Super Bowl champs & third week in a row on the road. There was no excuse for today. KC is a decent team, but to come up with that offensive performance in your own building with everything to play for against an intrastate rival is pathetic.
    I agree completely. KC is not a defensive force, although the Rams made them look like one. The offensive execution today was horrid. Undisciplined penalties, poor protection, drops, the inability to get seperation, errant passes, and turnovers all made the game extremely difficult to watch.

I'm very happy with the progress the team has made this year, but as you mentioned, they are not ready to beat good teams in meaningful games.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I agree completely. KC is not a defensive force, although the Rams made them look like one. The offensive execution today was horrid. Undisciplined penalties, poor protection, drops, the inability to get seperation, errant passes, and turnovers all made the game extremely difficult to watch.

I'm very happy with the progress the team has made this year, but as you mentioned, they are not ready to beat good teams in meaningful games.
    Its all starts with the QB!!!!! Leadership qualities are lacking in Bradford's game. Can't continue to give this guy excuses for not making this offense go. Can't continue to give SAM a pass for leading a uninspired offense. His play shows his unprepardeness, especially in theses meaningful ballgames. His a rookie but he's also a Heisman, Does he even know where the endzone is? SAM is Beginning to Steal Money!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Its all starts with the QB!!!!! Leadership qualities are lacking in Bradford's game. Can't continue to give this guy excuses for not making this offense go. Can't continue to give SAM a pass for leading a uninspired offense. His play shows his unprepardeness, especially in theses meaningful ballgames. His a rookie but he's also a Heisman, Does he even know where the endzone is? SAM is Beginning to Steal Money!!!
    Are you for real?

Sam just passed 3000 yards today with only noob wr's! And he has lead us to more Wins than the last 3 years combined. Today was a bad game but not reason to Throw Sam under the wagon.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Also if the oline can block so Bradford was not running for his life, or his receivers can catch the ball. Bradford has blame, but not all of it

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Why do you even post?

Bad game for the kid. On the offense a billion things went wrong including timing, protection, and drops. Jackson played a decent game but we needed a good air game to move the chains and we had none of that. Today was more fuel for the *fire all of our receivers* crowd. We need playmakers hook line and sinker. No excuses. We don't have a true game changer on that offense. Is there one guy out there that you fear can take it to the house whenever he touches the ball? Receivers were blanketed ALL.FREAKING.GAME. Trust me. I was at the game and saw every play. Disgusting. Gibson, Amendola, and DX come back for camp, Robinson is definitely out of here next year.

Then when we got some seperation Bradford threw bad passes or was running for his life. Jackson and Amendola get passes today (Amendola for his special teams play mostly). Just about everyone else on the offense should feel like **** right now because they were just about the reason we lost this game. Defnse was fairly solid especially in the second half until we FINALLY make a touchdown on offense and we proceed to kill all the momentum in the Dome with a 70+ yard slap in the face that proceeded to clear out half the Rams fans in the dome.m No excuse for that in any way. 1 step forward and 1 step back. That's been the Rams all season. Win two and lose two. Good thing is, we're now set to win two

Judaxi is offline Registered User

I am really getting tired of reading the crap you post about one of the best rookie QB's of all time. He does things that other rookie Qb's havent been able to and he does it with no help from WR's. Peyton had Harrison and Matt Ryan had Roddy White. This game shows that the Rams need better weapons on offense to compete with teams in the nfl. Our best WR is Amendola who is the type of WR that would do better if we had someone to stretch the feild. Gibson, Robinson, Gilyard, who are these guys really? Sam has made these Wr's better than they really are. Until we get a big time target for Sam we will continue to struggle.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Go check out Peyton Manning's stat line and the Colts record his rookie year, then get back to me. Oh yeah, be careful with your knee. All that jerking is going to do some damage.

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

I agree very disappointing game today, started well sort of, had 2 bad penalties on that first drive that should have been a warning that more was to come,I also agree there is a ways to go before this team is a real contender.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Yep. It's the rookie Quarterback's fault. COME ON, MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I am really getting tired of reading the crap you post about one of the best rookie QB's of all time. He does things that other rookie Qb's havent been able to and he does it with no help from WR's. Peyton had Harrison and Matt Ryan had Roddy White. This game shows that the Rams need better weapons on offense to compete with teams in the nfl. Our best WR is Amendola who is the type of WR that would do better if we had someone to stretch the feild. Gibson, Robinson, Gilyard, who are these guys really? Sam has made these Wr's better than they really are. Until we get a big time target for Sam we will continue to struggle.
    I'm really getting tired of the crap excuses given to the so far Overated Bradford. The same excuses were said for Bulger (OL, WRs, OC...yada,yada)Lack of leadership, this year as in last years, is showing its ugly head. The excuse that can be given to SAM is that he is a rookie. AS a starting NFL Quarterback his natural instincts should be to getting the Ball in the Endzone.
    If he fails to do this on a consistant basis, he just not getting the Job Done!
    No excuses neccessary!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast