Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Most disappointing ram

I'm going with Marmie. We were told last year the defense was messed up because Marmie was playing with Lovie's athletes. To some degree, I still believe there is validity there. But this year, he had his guys and we sucked even worse. Injuries are, of course, part of that, but I'm convinced Marmie couldn't have coached the '85 Bears or '00 Ravens to any level of grand success.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Its gonna be fun to read about all the boots that are gonna be hitting butts come Jan.Marmie go ahead and let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

theodus69 is offline Registered User

It starts with the front office. They are the most disappointing to me. This is just how it was back in teh day! They moved in to town and sucked everybody in and now they are spitting everybody out!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

bruce_wannabe Guest

the defensive front is all to blame, plain and simple no presssure on the qb

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    the defensive front is all to blame, plain and simple no presssure on the qb
    There's got to be something more than this. We're not dead last for sacks, we're not even in the 20's. This defense, as worthless as it is, is 17th in sacks. Philadelphia, Tampa, New England, Denver, Detroit, Cincinati, Cleveland, Washington, all are decent to good to great defenses, and all have weaker pass rush than us.

It's got to be more than a "perceived" lack of QB pressure causing our defensive struggles.
    Last edited by HUbison; -12-05-2005 at 03:29 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User

Leonard Little, sorry about your loss, but it's time to go back to work.

Also, the entire secondary! With all the ole' going on out there I thought Rich Cody was back on the team!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

So many..... hard to chose just one.
    Even with his personal problems, Little has done next to nothing this season. I hope he comes in with determination next year.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    There's got to be something more than this. We're not dead last for sacks, we're not even in the 20's. This defense, as worthless as it is, is 17th in sacks. Philadelphia, Tampa, New England, Denver, Detroit, Cincinati, Cleveland, Washington, all are decent to good to great defenses, and all have weaker pass rush than us.

It's got to be more than a "perceived" lack of QB pressure causing our defensive struggles.
    imo, sacks aren't the best way to judge pass rush. you can't count the number of times that the qb is hurried or knocked down. you also have to add ints to the mix because ints usually come when the qb is hurried ala cincy, they may not have the most sacks but they have a massive amount of ints. but from watching the games this year, our d-line gives the qb to much time to throw.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

With me for the last two years, it's been Travis Fisher. I know he's been injured but it just seems like he has regressed.

rams2061 Guest

The entire defense and offensive line. Where Steven Jackson only get 24 yard the entire game, the offense is not doing their job.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

With me for the last two years, it's been Travis Fisher. I know he's been injured but it just seems like he has regressed
    I agree on this; I wonder if Butler will suffer the same fate next year.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

curley4me is offline Registered User

all the so called experts and pro draft magazines had great things to say about damione lewis and jimmy kennedy(not much about ryan pickett that i saw) when they came out of college. how did they get so bad? defensive schemes or just "lame "play on their part? i thought we had the next fearsome foursome with leonard little and these guys can't do squat. i do think leonard has something on his mind that is affecting his play a hell of alot. he has always been a stud. and hargrove, wasn't he a "project" at end or has he been around the league for a while? and fisher, where's todd lyght when we need him?

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    OTHER NOMINEE'S
    LEONARD LITTLE
    RYAN PICKETT
    JIMMY KENNEDY
    BRANDON GREEN
    DEXTER COAKLEY
    CHRIS "WHO" CLAIBORNE
    PISA TINOISAMOA
    DeJUAN GROCE
    TRAVIS FISHER
    ADAM ARCHULETA
    MIKE FURRY
    TYOKA JACKSON
    DAMIONE LEWIS
    BRIAN HOWARD
    ANTHONY HARGROVE
    DREW WAHLROOS
    TREV FAULK
    BRANDON CHILLAR
    COREY IVY
    CHRIS JOHNSON
    JEROME CARTER
    OSHIOMOGHO ATOGWE
    TERRY FAIR
    RON BARTELL
    DAVID ALLEN

RAMS DEFENSE

:bored: ONE SAD BUNCH!!!:sad:
    Why has Furrey Been dissapointing? this is his first season on D and he's doing just fine.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

:-)
    The Bard's tragedy it is. :-(

Nor do not saw the air too much with your hand, thus, but use all gently. For in the very torrent, tempest, and as I may say, whirlwind of passion, you must acquire and beget a temperance that may give it smoothness.

Nobody on this forum has criticized the 3 amigos longer, and more harshly, than me.

And, I feel confident that with proper coaching, 2 of the 3 could well indeed fulfill their potential.

(And, I'd love to have Martz back.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12