Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 2 Post By BIG-BLUE

Thread: The most important decision of the year is coming soon.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The most important decision of the year is coming soon.

That's right...

Its almost time...

I have to decide what jersey to buy this year.

Currently, I own only 2 jerseys of current players (Jackson, Bradford). I also have Bulger, Holt, Ellard (throwback), Bruce and a custom "Avenger" jersey. I'm looking forward to adding a new Nike jersey to the collection.

The frontrunners for this year:

Chris Long: I am a big fan of Chris Long and he may be the next Ram Pro Bowl player. That said, at 5'7, 165, I'm just not a DE type.

James Laurinaitis: Definitely under consideration. The biggest downside is that JL is in the last year of his contract and, while I doubt the Rams would let him go, you never know.

Cortland Finnegan: CB is a good position for me, but (and yes, I know this sounds picky), I just don't like the number 31.

A rookie: In my heart of hearts, I'm a WR. So, if the Rams were to take Justin Blackmon with the first pick, I'd be tempted to go with his jersey. That would require a lot of faith in his future, but I think I'd risk it. I could also see myself in a Claiborne or Richardson jersey, should the draft go that way.

The secondary choice will be color. My Bradford jersey is a home blue, while my Jackson is a throwback blue. This year, I'm planning to attend two road games (@Miami, @Tampa), so I may go with the road white.

Input is welcomed, as well as your plans for this key decision!

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: The most important decision of the year is coming soon.

I would say Chris Long for first choice. Second would be the WR we get. Blackmon would be nice.

A side issue there is... if the Rams select Blackmon, will he wear #81 as he did in college, or will the Rams retire that number in honor of Torry Holt?

richtree is offline Registered User

I am going AJ Jenkins if he is our second round pick.....

If Richardson is round 1 -- That would be my other pick.....

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I only have jerseys of iconic players or personal favorites. You gotta' earn that honor. My collection:

Throwback: Jack Youngblood, Eric Dickerson, Nolan Cromwell (personal childhood idol), Kurt Warner, Henry Ellard

Current: Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Ricky Proehl, Marc Bulger, Sam Bradford

*My Ellard and Cromwell jerseys are signed and framed. I played high school football in NJ just like Ricky Proehl did and is a personal favorite. Dickerson was flat out AWESOME in his day. Youngblood is a legend. Faulk and Warner brought us a title. And our franchise hopes rest on Bradford. The Bulger jersey won't exit the closet.
    RockinRam and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I only have jerseys of iconic players or personal favorites. You gotta' earn that honor. My collection:

Throwback: Jack Youngblood, Eric Dickerson, Nolan Cromwell (personal childhood idol), Kurt Warner, Henry Ellard

Current: Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Ricky Proehl, Marc Bulger, Sam Bradford

*My Ellard and Cromwell jerseys are signed and framed. I played high school football in NJ just like Ricky Proehl did and is a personal favorite. Dickerson was flat out AWESOME in his day. Youngblood is a legend. Faulk and Warner brought us a title. And our franchise hopes rest on Bradford. The Bulger jersey won't exit the closet.
    I concur on your philosophy. I have Youngblood, Olsen, Warner, Faulk and Bruce. I am close to getting a Jackson jersey but see no other current player worthy of hanging in my man cave although I have high hopes for Bradford Oh, I have a Pat Tillman jersey as well.......(Daughter went to his HS as well as other reasons)

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd pick Chris Long, but that's me. I'd say my bone structure lends itself more to the DE variety than yours, AV. So, I can see why you'd go with a WR or CB.

Having said that, if we draft Doug Martin, you HAVE TO get "Muscle Hamster".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

We have a winner!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I've got SJAX x2, Long, and Bradford. I gotta get me a Quinn, Jackson throw back, Laurinaitis, and the new draftee!

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Does anyone know what the new throwbacks will look like? I'd wait off AV till those come out. Might be a bule/white combo in there. Im really hoping they come out with those.

Now basing it off your list:

Blackmon or TRich, whichever the Rams select.

Me personally im going to get a Blue S.Jackson(yes i know, shame on me for not having one already), and probably a Blue or throwback of our new 1st rounder. Long has been nipping though so im still in debate.

P.S. If we get Brandon Thompson (crossing my fingers we do) you could make a custom "Yams" jersey. Though M. Hamster is a tad bit better.
    Last edited by Tampa_Ram; -04-25-2012 at 05:55 PM.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Ok, @ 5'7" & 165 I think you should strongly consider Danny Amendola in the white away jersey.
    He's a player that's always giving it everything he's got, he's a lil on the feisty side & one of the top wr on our team.
    Tampa_Ram and RockinRam like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The decision on what to put on my jersey is always an easy one for me....

I always buy #13 and I always put my name on it. I do not use real players names. Never have, probably never will, unless it's an iconic throwback jersey with a player that spent their entire career with the Rams. They come, they go these days, while my name never changes. Plus I see it as "idolizing" a player, which I do not. I appreciate their talent, but I just don't see me wearing another man's name on my back. But that's just me.

And as I said before, I will not be buying a new Rams jersey as long as it has the "swoosh" on it. I do not support Nike.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

He has a good attitude, plays hard every down, and helped me take home a title in my IDP league. He gets my vote if it would make any difference.

chiguy is offline Registered User

For you, I'd go with JL. For me its going to be Quinn. I have a brain tumor, he has a brain tumor...seems like a good fit. I may get a Jerome Harrisson jersey too, just to support the guy. (For those wondering, no, I'm not kidding. Its ok though, I'm fine.)