Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

most important play of rams season to date

My good bad and ugly wont go up until tomorrow and then it will be a very very short version of what i just lost because of the "internal server error" that wont let me post it.

Meanwhile, Haslett KILLED our season by having Jackson in a game with 5 minutes left and a 30 point lead. That injury to Jackson just killed us. Maybe we dont beat either new england or arizona with a healthy jackson, but a blind man can see that without jackson, our offense just stinks and our offensive line is pathetic.

Jackson (7-17) and pittman (10-12) had NO holes of any kind today. Of course, if you listen to certain posters, thats because marc bulger "sux"

ramming speed to all

general counsel

schut39 is offline Registered User

Re: most important play of rams season to date

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

Jackson (7-17) and pittman (10-12) had NO holes of any kind today. Of course, if you listen to certain posters, thats because marc bulger "sux"
    For some reason I think dgr is going to reply to this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

For some reason, Haslett after the game said, "we were one play from taking Jackson out." Doesn't everyone say that to defend themselves against the press when their star runningback is injured due to a idiotic move. He should never have been IN the game for that long, much less "ONE MORE PLAY."

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Its a shame that we have to play with an unhealthy Jackson....

Hey schutt, i welcome any reply based on logic, rather than pure emotion that blames all of our problems on one guy is pure scapegoat fashion. When the 80 yard td happened, i wonder if Rams fans were jumping up and down screaming TD, TD, Bulger sux!!!!! Of course, when the rams complete a pass, its because the receiver made a great play or because bulger had time. When we throw an incompletion, cant run, get tipped at the line of scrimmage, cant tackle, have young kids not making adjustments to come back and help the qb, have fullbacks who cant block, thats only because bulger sux!

ramming speed to all

general counsel

rammiser is offline Registered User

Hey schutt, i welcome any reply based on logic, rather than pure emotion that blames all of our problems on one guy is pure scapegoat fashion. When the 80 yard td happened, i wonder if Rams fans were jumping up and down screaming TD, TD, Bulger sux!!!!! Of course, when the rams complete a pass, its because the receiver made a great play or because bulger had time. When we throw an incompletion, cant run, get tipped at the line of scrimmage, cant tackle, have young kids not making adjustments to come back and help the qb, have fullbacks who cant block, thats only because bulger sux!

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Wow your really asking for it defending Bulger, LOL. It is a shame that Jackson was hurt in garbage time but Warner played the entire game today and was in there with the cards up 21 with under 4 minutes to play. Hindsight is 20/20 if Jax doesnt get hurt on that play it's a moot point. Injuries can happen any time it's just unfortunate that Jackson didnt have to be in there at that time.
    Just Fix It

But there is a HUGE difference between a qb who is handing the ball off time and again and throwing short low risk routes, especially when he has barely been touched all game and a running back who by defintion is going to get hit every time he has the ball in his hands.

By the way, its a general pet peeve of mine that stars are kept in games too long, especially the running backs and qbs. Did you see warner take the one shot after the game was over in the 4th? Do you remember when warner took the shot in the chest in the packers playoff game when martz was throwing deep in the 4th to try and break 50 points? The fact that others do it doesnt make it smart.

I agree completely that injuries can happen any time, and thats exactly why you dont expose your franchise running back to one single hit more than is necessary, which also makes it a HUGE mystery of why he was in the game again today in the 4th quarter, obviously not at full strength, dropping a td pass in the end zone.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

rammiser is offline Registered User

But there is a HUGE difference between a qb who is handing the ball off time and again and throwing short low risk routes, especially when he has barely been touched all game and a running back who by defintion is going to get hit every time he has the ball in his hands.

By the way, its a general pet peeve of mine that stars are kept in games too long, especially the running backs and qbs. Did you see warner take the one shot after the game was over in the 4th? Do you remember when warner took the shot in the chest in the packers playoff game when martz was throwing deep in the 4th to try and break 50 points? The fact that others do it doesnt make it smart.

I agree completely that injuries can happen any time, and thats exactly why you dont expose your franchise running back to one single hit more than is necessary, which also makes it a HUGE mystery of why he was in the game again today in the 4th quarter, obviously not at full strength, dropping a td pass in the end zone.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    True and Jacksons head was not at all in the game. He dropped a couple of passes that he normally makes today in crucial situations.
    Just Fix It

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Jackson has had trouble staying healthy since he came in the league. It probably has more to do with lack of conditioning, more or less. This years pre-season hold out and the year before Jackson didn't play a down in pre-season, well you see the results.
    You know, Jimmy Brown never missed a game. Some are just born Running backs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Jackson has had trouble staying healthy since he came in the league. It probably has more to do with lack of conditioning, more or less. This years pre-season hold out and the year before Jackson didn't play a down in pre-season, well you see the results.
    No, it probably has more to do with the fact that he shouldn't have been in on that play in the first place.

Agreed 100% GC, make or break moment for our Rams this year.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

For most important play this season I was actually thinking Marc Bulger's first interception last night. As far as the play itself goes I thought the guy was open if Bulger gunned it in there quick but he floated a slow lob ball that took way too long to get there (the receiver's awareness wasn't what it could have been either). From there on it was all downhill for the team - quick interception, 7 points, fumble, 3 points, and then our D completely broke down and played some of their worst football this year (and the offense couldn't get *anything* going either).

As for why this play was the most critical that's because this divisional game was our one shot at playoffs this year. We could have been 0.5 game behind, now we're 3.5 games behind and all but out of the playoff picture. We started great up until that play turned the momentum around.

But you can make a decent case for the play where Jackson gets injured in garbage time as the most important one too. I think we would have won against NE with Jackson. Although I really don't think he would have been able to help us win last night, not with how the rest of the team was playing I don't believe he would have made enough of a difference on his own, even if he had been 100%. And that's why I consider the interception a more critical play.

Denmark, i agree the bulger play was horrible, but it was 7-7 after that play. That play had NOTHING to do with the defensive collapse that followed, our lack of running game, our lack of pass protection, the key drop by jackson before the half, the bonehead play by wade and the missed block by kreider that led to the fumble. We gave up 510 yards guys, we didnt lose because of one int td.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

I was at the game. Bulger just flat out sucks. That bomb he threw- it was underthrown and Stanley made a great play on the ball. It wasn't bulger, it was all stanley. One thing I hate about Bulger is that he keeps his eyes on ONE RECEIVER and either throws to him or throws it away if he isn't open. Kurt Warner- my favorite player- has eyes all over the field and will throw to whoever's open. Bulger needs to go. Let's bring in Berlin and see what he has to give us then draft a qb next year's nfl draft. Maybe our receivers dropped few balls, but Bulger's passes were off target most of the game. He also does NOT have an arm and cannot throw deep balls.
    The first interception of the game DOES definitely turned things around for the Cardinals because it gave them momentum and Bulger went downhill after that. I don't know what Bulger was thinking on that play. It was an awful pass. Oh well, rams' season is done. Cardinals will win the division because they're that good especially with Warner in the pocket. I'm rooting for them to go all the way because of my man, Warner. Rams need to make some changes especially at QB, oline, and safety.
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by General Counsel
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun
    I was at the game. Bulger just flat out sucks.
    GC, you sir, are a prophet.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NFLTopGun View Post
    That bomb he threw- it was underthrown and Stanley made a great play on the ball. It wasn't bulger, it was all stanley. One thing I hate about Bulger is that he keeps his eyes on ONE RECEIVER and either throws to him or throws it away if he isn't open.
    Actually if I'm going to defend Bulger a little bit here that play to Stanley was a pretty good example of Bulger having good awareness of the entire field. He looked off the safety as if he was throwing to the other side of the field first before he made the throw and it worked pretty well. But I agree with you that the throw wasn't great, credit to Stanley for making the play - the pass was underthrown and Stanley made a fantastic grab to get it. That throw would very often be an incompletion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast