View Poll Results: Assume these are the only possible future outcomes, and choose!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the Rams in St. Louis; doing so will result in at least 10 years of mediocrity.

15 18.07%
  • Allow the Rams to move to Los Angeles; doing so will mean a Super Bowl win w/in 10 years.

68 81.93%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The most provocative, divisive and controversial poll question ever.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: The most provocative, divisive and controversial poll question ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If by "mediocre", you mean the team never makes the playoffs, I'd gladly take option B.

My contention is, if you're not a playoff team, you may as well "suck" anyway.
    Fortunately, that's not at all what it means.

Mediocre - adj. - me-de-o'-ker - of moderate value or performance, average.
    Average, which is to say, 8-8. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, 8-8 would have meant 4 trips to the playoffs in the past decade. Therefore, using your parameters.....

Option A - 4 playoff trips
    Option B - 1 playoff trip

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

There's really no need to nitpick here.

The point of the poll was to determine how many ST. LOUIS rams fans we have as compared to st. louis RAMS fans. Clearly, this board is primarily populated by California holdovers and diaspora Rams fans, rather than St. Louisians.

There's really no need to nitpick here.
    AV, you know how this time of the year works: We pick nits until the Rams pick rookies.
    The point of the poll was to determine how many ST. LOUIS rams fans we have as compared to st. louis RAMS fans.
    Well, then I'd have to say I'm a ST. LOUIS RAMS fan.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

looks like we are going to lose quite a few St. Louis fans when team moves. I guess I can say it was fun knowing you guys.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    looks like we are going to lose quite a few St. Louis fans when team moves. I guess I can say it was fun knowing you guys.
    Probably about the same amount of LA fans will we lose when we move. To London that is.

For what it's worth, I will root for them wherever they play, but I feel the league should fight as hard to keep the team in St Louis as it faught to keep the team in LA. I also feel that if the RAMS were to want to move to LA, and the league allowed it, they would have to give St Louis the franchise that they deserved in 1994. The league doing everything it could to keep a team out of St Louis is what opened the door for the RAMS to move there in 1994/1995.

gap

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Probably about the same amount of LA fans will we lose when we move. To London that is.
    I think it's safe to say that any LA fans who stuck with the Rams after the move to St. Louis, would stick with them after a move to London. Obviously, those of us in LA and around the country, or the world for that matter, support the team for who it is, not where it is.
    LA Rammer likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I think it's safe to say that any LA fans who stuck with the Rams after the move to St. Louis, would stick with them after a move to London. Obviously, those of us in LA and around the country, or the world for that matter, support the team for who it is, not where it is.
    Hi Mike,

Well put. Any fan of the Rams outside of St Louis fits this perfectly. I am a RAM fan for life no matter where they reside.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I'm not sure how you see any evidence of that at all in this thread, but anyway...... I just hope that all this silliness will finally die down when the St. Louis Rams are still the St. Louis Rams in 2015.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    uh..........sorry. I've followed them from LA to the midwest, but leaving the country? That's where I draw the line. This is an American sport born and breed in the USofA. I won't root for a team of another country against mine. Don't care what country it is. No offense to our UK friends meant.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    uh..........sorry. I've followed them from LA to the midwest, but leaving the country? That's where I draw the line. This is an American sport born and breed in the USofA. I won't root for a team of another country against mine. Don't care what country it is. No offense to our UK friends meant.
    I guess there are always exceptions. I stand corrected.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -01-27-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Fortunately, that's not at all what it means.

Mediocre - adj. - me-de-o'-ker - of moderate value or performance, average.
    Average, which is to say, 8-8. And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, 8-8 would have meant 4 trips to the playoffs in the past decade. Therefore, using your parameters.....

Option A - 4 playoff trips
    Option B - 1 playoff trip
    Gotcha!

I'm still taking that Superbowl title, and option "B".

Let's look at it like this, we've been in existence for 70 years or so. Which of those 70 or so years did you enjoy most?
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Let's look at it like this, we've been in existence for 70 years or so. Which of those 70 or so years did you enjoy most?
    Good point. Absolutely 1999 is my single favorite season. No question about it.

But the most miserable decade (for me anyway) has been the one since.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

... I just hope that all this silliness will finally die down when the St. Louis Rams are still the St. Louis Rams in 2015.
    "I donít know how you perceive my mission ..., but for me it is not a responsibility to reaffirm your concretized myths and provincial prejudices. It is not my job to lull you with a false sense of the rightness of the universe. This wonderful and terrible occupation of recreating the world in a different way, each time fresh and strange, is an act of revolutionary guerrilla warfare. I stir up the soup. I inconvenience you. I make your nose run and your eyes water. I spend my life and miles of visceral material in a glorious and painful series of midnight raids against complacency. It is my lot to wake with anger every morning, to lie down at night even angrier. All in pursuit of one truth that lies at the core of every jot of fiction ever written:[the Rams belong in LA, whether in 2015, or 2025 or whenever. Period.]" Intro to Mortal Dreads - Harlan Ellison, Feb. 14, 1980, LA.
    VegasRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too View Post
    "I don’t know how you perceive my mission ..., but for me it is not a responsibility to reaffirm your concretized myths and provincial prejudices. It is not my job to lull you with a false sense of the rightness of the universe. This wonderful and terrible occupation of recreating the world in a different way, each time fresh and strange, is an act of revolutionary guerrilla warfare. I stir up the soup. I inconvenience you. I make your nose run and your eyes water. I spend my life and miles of visceral material in a glorious and painful series of midnight raids against complacency. It is my lot to wake with anger every morning, to lie down at night even angrier. All in pursuit of one truth that lies at the core of every jot of fiction ever written:[the Rams belong in LA, whether in 2015, or 2025 or whenever. Period.]" Intro to Mortal Dreads - Harlan Ellison, Feb. 14, 1980, LA.
    "You're one weird guy, Ace". - Dan Marino, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, 1994

adarian_too is offline Registered User

"You're one weird guy, Ace". - Dan Marino, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, 1994
    "When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro."

- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing at the Super Bowl , Rolling Stone #128, Feb. 13, 1973
    Last edited by adarian_too; -02-10-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: It makes more sense that Hunter's article appeared in '73 --- the year LA hosted the SB ...
    HUbison likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast