View Poll Results: Assume these are the only possible future outcomes, and choose!

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the Rams in St. Louis; doing so will result in at least 10 years of mediocrity.

15 18.07%
  • Allow the Rams to move to Los Angeles; doing so will mean a Super Bowl win w/in 10 years.

68 81.93%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The most provocative, divisive and controversial poll question ever.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Re: The most provocative, divisive and controversial poll question ever.

Avenger Ram, the "moderator", seeks to crucify any St Louis Rams fan by either making them appear to want a losing Rams team that stays in St Louis or a Superbowl winning Rams team that leaves St Louis.

I remember why I left this site! It is quite biased towards the Los Angeles located (or previously located) Rams fan. It's also probably the reason it's the smallest Rams' forum on the net.

On a related note, it's also why my thread, a completely unbiased and 100% factual review about the CVC's proposal, was met with such little interest.

People are only interested in one sided viewpoints like this poll or articles from bleacherreport. There is no great choice for a St Louis fan. This poll is obviously left with only answers that will be a victory for a Los Angeles fan.

Congrats Avengerram, if they gave out awards for poo-stirring/biased moderators, you'd win first prize!

Perhaps you will attone for this obvious troll thread. Or maybe on clanram.com this isn't a troll thread, since the majority agrees with you. But maybe you can at the very least admit you are biased and maybe not the best moderator of an unbiased message board (albeit perfect for clanram.com!).

Whatever the case may be, I remember why I no longer post here any longer. Instead of staying away for a few years, maybe this time I can practice the self control that I and a certain moderator of this forum have lacked.
    Last edited by helorm341; -02-12-2012 at 04:19 AM.
    sosa39rams likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    Avenger Ram, the "moderator", seeks to crucify any St Louis Rams fan by either making them appear to want a losing Rams team that stays in St Louis or a Superbowl winning Rams team that leaves St Louis.
    Um... yeah... you completely missed the point of the poll.

I remember why I left this site! It is quite biased towards the Los Angeles located (or previously located) Rams fan. It's also probably the reason it's the smallest Rams' forum on the net.
    Wrong on both counts.

On a related note, it's also why my thread, a completely unbiased and 100% factual review about the CVC's proposal, was met with such little interest.
    Or... maybe it was just not all that interesting to other people.

People are only interested in one sided viewpoints like this poll or articles from bleacherreport. There is no great choice for a St Louis fan. This poll is obviously left with only answers that will be a victory for a Los Angeles fan.
    You really are putting too much emphasis on this poll, which was mainly posted for kicks and giggles.

Congrats Avengerram, if they gave out awards for poo-stirring/biased moderators, you'd win first prize!
    That would be an interesting looking trophy, wouldn't it?

Perhaps you will attone for this obvious troll thread. Or maybe on clanram.com this isn't a troll thread, since the majority agrees with you. But maybe you can at the very least admit you are biased and maybe not the best moderator of an unbiased message board (albeit perfect for clanram.com!).
    You really have a lot of strong feelings about me. I, sadly, cannot say the same about you, as I don't know who the Hell you are. Truth be told, I had to double check that this wasn't your first post here. But I'm glad I've made such a big impression on you.

Whatever the case may be, I remember why I no longer post here any longer. Instead of staying away for a few years, maybe this time I can practice the self control that I and a certain moderator of this forum have lacked.
    We'll try to find a way to go on without you. So long.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I think it's safe to say that any LA fans who stuck with the Rams after the move to St. Louis, would stick with them after a move to London. Obviously, those of us in LA and around the country, or the world for that matter, support the team for who it is, not where it is.
    Could you imagine a London Bash? How awesome would that be? Heck, if they do move, I'm going to register the name "Spiralhorn Pub" so we can pool our money and open it next to the stadium!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I finally voted in this invalid poll. I chose Keep the Rams in St. Louis; doing so will result in at least 10 years of mediocrity, not because I want mediocrity, or that I think they will be mediocur, but because it brings more stability to the TEAM.

As a matter of fact, if the Rams were to move to Los Angeles and had a Super Bowl win w/in 10 years, that Super Bowl win more than likely woiuld not happen while they were in LA if they had 8 years like they have had these past 8 years. Plain and simple, LA has already proven that they will not support the RAMS the same way St Louis has proven that they will support the RAMS with consecutive losing seasons.

And don't tell me there is a difference in the way the RAMS lost ONLY 5 consecutive seasons in LA and the 8 consecutive seasons of losing in St Louis. How do you know the losing in St louis was any less on purpose than the last seasons in LA? I am not saying they lost on purpose in LA, as I think it was the same type of bad management that was in St louis 7 of these past 8 years. Loyal, hard core, RAMS fans in LA are saying they lost on purpose.

No matter how you break it down, a MUCH smaller city supported the RAMS MUCH better than LA. If the RAMS move to LA, and don't have winning seasons within the first 5 years, they may not be in LA long enough to win a SB in 10 years. For that reason, the "Allow the Rams to move to Los Angeles; doing so will mean a Super Bowl win w/in 10 years" option is no more valid than "Keep the Rams in St. Louis; doing so will result in at least 10 years of mediocrity."

And to echo what I said in my initial post in this topic, 10 years of mediocrity is a pretty good improvement over what the RAMS has had in the past 10 years.

gap

Is there such thing as a ”valid” poll?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345