• Waiting until Round 6 to take a QB

4 3.67%
  • Releasing Pisa Tinoisamoa

40 36.70%
  • Not selecting WR in first 3 rounds of draft

13 11.93%
  • Other (what move?)

7 6.42%
  • I'm sticking with the "wait and see" approach.

27 24.77%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Most Questionable Move Of Offseason

What move, if any, causes you to second guess the Front Office?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Most Questionable Move Of Offseason

I was going to with "not taking a QB until Round 6" but, if the Rams did take a QB sooner, it would have been at the expense of another selection. If Foster is a bust and Brandstater becomes a good QB, my hindsight will kick in, but right now, I'm okay with waiting until 2010 to select the "QB of the future."

I went with releasing Pisa. While I get the notion that he's not a good fit for the defense and is being paid as a starter, at this point I'd rather have the depth. If releasing him ultimately results in using his cap money for some other productive purpose (i.e. signing Atogwe long-term; signing a veteran who can come in and help), then I'll be okay with the move. Right now, though, that's the one thing that stands out as a head scratcher for me.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I openly admit that I'm going with heart over head with this one, but I still hate to see Pisa T. elsewhere.

A ton of heart, that guy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm with the two of you guys. At the moment we had two players better than Pisa, and one's a rookie, Spoon and JL. I understand that he's not a great fit for the defense, undersized and all, but he was our best wrap up tackler last year and singlehandedly caused us to win that Washington game in my opinion. I feel like we could have made a place for him even if it was in just blitz packages or pas coverage. Plus, he lived and breathed the Rams and would have done anything that Spags wanted. Easily my most questioned decision.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I really don't see a clear cut move that I would question, but I agree that releasing Pisa is probably the most "questionable". He was a solid performer who always gave it his all and would have made a relatively thin LB unit stronger. As a guy who played with so much heart, it would have been interesting to see him perform under Spags direction.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Releasing T Holt for me

shower beers is offline Registered User

I know I may catch a bunch of heat for this, but I question the release of Drew Bennett. Granted, he had done nothing to prove himself, but I recall the move not providing us with much cap space in return. Given the current state of or receiving corp, one has to wonder if leaving Bennett on the roster for this year at least, would have benefited the team more than the little bit of extra cap space.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

I selected passing on Mark Sanchez. I thought the Rams should have picked him at #2 not to replace Bulger, but to auction him off to the highest bidder.

I remain convinced we easily could have scored 4 or possibly more picks from some QB-desperate team. Mind you I am not dissing the Jason Smith choice, but we could have filled a bunch of holes with this one gambit.

WHAT SAY YE?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I know I may catch a bunch of heat for this, but I question the release of Drew Bennett. Granted, he had done nothing to prove himself, but I recall the move not providing us with much cap space in return. Given the current state of or receiving corp, one has to wonder if leaving Bennett on the roster for this year at least, would have benefited the team more than the little bit of extra cap space.
    I think you are to something here, shower. You look at a guy like Bennett and wonder if he isn't tailor-made for an offense like the Rams intend to run. A big guy who can run the slants and over the middle stuff and who can also block for S. Jack in the run game.

What did we actually save by releasing him, $50,000 or so of cap space? I'm not sure that I see the point in that.

WHAT SAY YE?

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I put "im going to wait & see", simply cause i was hoping for Curry but was happy as hell to land Laurinitis..thats when i figured these guys are really thinking A. B. C. even D. scenarios so i'll leave all the moves as Smart until i see otherwise..

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

It would have to be releasing Pisa. For a linebacking corps that doesnt have much depth, I dont see how you could release one of your best linebackers. That puts too much hope on a rookie for me. JL could turn out to be a good player, but he hasnt proven anything and at the very least Pisa provided real depth. Just doesnt make sense to release a proven player from a defense that is already weak, especially at linebacker

I guess we will see how it goes.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

There is a plan being put into affect, and most of us have guested at it as being a solid running team. I was thinking the Rams needed another WR sooner however.

Even if the plan works out that the Rams have a solid and effective running game, its the defense that worries me. Running offenses are not known for their quick-scoring ability which maybe needed in the last two minutes of a game. Granted, running the ball strikes at clock management, but if your opponent can score points on your defense and their defense can force you to punt--well thats not going to win you too many games

To this point, if there is a weakness in "THE PLAN", it likely would be putting too much faith in the defense. Suppose will have to see when the final roaster is posted and the season begins

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

wait and see, that's what i say. I know some will hate me for this, Holt had to go. He dropped that game winner that could have sent us to the superbowl vs. Panthers double OT, I can't forget that one. I liked the pass on Sanchez, Colt McCoy is a stud for next year's draft, even though i know we won't get him. Orlando was too injury prone, same for Hawaii 5 O. The passing on Curry is one that we could get relief on once we find Laurinitis filling a crucial role on our defense, reminds me of Urlacher.

So wait and see. This is one year were I don't really see any better we could have done for the money and needs we have. Hopefully we can still sign a veteran lineman to add depth and big name DB.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Ramer is offline Registered User

I think we need to wait and see.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

I will miss torry, and Pisa and mcbuger pace.. But I agree with every more.. Espeacially Bennitt.. He doesn't save us much this year.. but tons next year. I'm also glad we passed on Sanchez. SO I guess I'm wait and see because unlike many recent years.. nothing makes my head hurt and cause me to give my remote or phone whiplash.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast