2 2.78%
  • Jabara Williams

1 1.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Most Surprising Retention?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Most Surprising Retention?

Guidugli. With Kendricks, Hoomanawanui, Bajema and Brit Miller on the roster (technically a fullback but replaced traditional FB Mike Karney b/c he could be moved around as an H-back), Guidugli is effectively the fifth tight end on the roster. Unless he's a special teams rock star, you kind of have to think he isn't going to see the field much.

Runner-up: Eugene Sims. Selvie seemed to be the better pass-rusher. Maybe Sims is just that good in run support, but I never really noticed him in action last year.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Dominique Curry over Avery and or Marty.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Guidugli. With Kendricks, Hoomanawanui, Bajema and Brit Miller on the roster (technically a fullback but replaced traditional FB Mike Karney b/c he could be moved around as an H-back), Guidugli is effectively the fifth tight end on the roster. Unless he's a special teams rock star, you kind of have to think he isn't going to see the field much.

Runner-up: Eugene Sims. Selvie seemed to be the better pass-rusher. Maybe Sims is just that good in run support, but I never really noticed him in action last year.
    Actually, the average fan would believe Selvie is the better pass rusher because of their sack totals in college, which is untrue. Sims is better at pass rushing and a lot better in run stopping. Hes a good all around player.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Actually, the average fan would believe Selvie is the better pass rusher because of their sack totals in college, which is untrue.
    Their college sack totals and their sack totals last year with the Rams (Selvie is credited with 1.5 to Sims' 0), their tackle totals with the Rams(21 to 8), and the fact that the coaches gave Selvie playing time in all 16 games to Sims' 9. As of this time last year, I think it's safe to assume that the coaching staff disagreed with your position. Otherwise, Selvie wouldn't have seen more game time.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Their college sack totals and their sack totals last year with the Rams (Selvie is credited with 1.5 to Sims' 0), their tackle totals with the Rams(21 to 8), and the fact that the coaches gave Selvie playing time in all 16 games to Sims' 9. As of this time last year, I think it's safe to assume that the coaching staff disagreed with your position. Otherwise, Selvie wouldn't have seen more game time.
    How do tackles and games played reflect pass rush ability? I guess the coaches where wrong huh? Play him double the games and hes still gone.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i wanted them to keep Selvie but maybe the reason they have kept Sims when he didn`t play as much as George last season is because of the fact that Eugene has bulked up since the time he was drafted,to the extent he can play more time at DE now if needed.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

anyway..for me i voted Alexander. i thought poor performances and yet more knee problems would lose to good performances and a player looking physically better than he`s ever been with no signs of ill effects from his own knee injury last year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Dominique Curry over Avery and or Marty.
    This would be my vote as well. Curry brings a lot to special teams, but I thought Mardy had some nice ST moments this preseason as well in both returns and coverage. Plus, I think both Avery and Mardy can offer more would they need to see the field on offense. So this one was my most surprising.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I went with Scott. I thought Darell had shown very little to justify the 3rd yr money & a spot .Who wouldn't rather have an extra speedy DE with sack potential in Selvie, considering the versatility of Hall and Ah You for spot interior duty, than the all-around blah of Scott ?

It also kind of makes me wonder exactly how healthy Robbins & Hall are right now.Being a geezer with back problems myself, I know how unpredictable they can be. It takes less & less to aggravate my back and longer & longer for it to settle down.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Dominique Curry for sure. He was barely even discussed by most people when talking about who would make the roster at WR.

I don't think anyone should be surprised at someone like McQuaide making the roster after Massey was cut. He was the only LS on the roster, the surprise would have been if we got rid of him too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12