BigGameMN Guest

Move Barron to LT

Pace is on the decline and can't stay healthy, time to suck it up and put Barron over there if you ask me.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Move Barron to LT

Ill tell you what...he made Peppers a NON FACTOR...all day. Was Peppers even in the lineup? If he was...hats off to Barron.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Rambos is offline Registered User

Pace is on the decline and can't stay healthy, time to suck it up and put Barron over there if you ask me.
    He will be moved now, unless O can go next week. I think they should have moved him as soon as O went down.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    He will be moved now, unless O can go next week. I think they should have moved him as soon as O went down.
    I agree! Or at least after a couple of plays seeing how Goldberg was destroyed. I wish they'd made that adjustment, Barron was holding up fairly well as far as I could see - he should have been moved to the most important spot LT.

Country Guest

Barron should be moved he is steadily becoming the best OLmen on the team and he needs to be at LT as Pace cannot stay healthy and will miss some serious time now.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree that if Pace is out for a while, we need to shift Barron to the left side in order to better protect Marc's blind side.

But I disagree with moving him mid-game. When Pace went down, we found ourselves down two offensive line starters. I think we needed Barron's continuity on the right side, especially with how poorly Milford Brown was playing at the right guard spot.

Rambos is offline Registered User

But I disagree with moving him mid-game. When Pace went down
    I disagree, Barron is better and left side is Marc's back side. I seen him get hit so hard, he was done for the day after that. At least he could see it coming from the right side.

Well see what we do sad to say it looks like it will be long term.

Cog has to be ready next week I hope.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I disagree, Barron is better and left side is Marc's back side. I seen him get hit so hard, he was done for the day after that. At least he could see it coming from the right side.
    I would rather have Barron lined up against Julius Pepper on the right said than Milford Brown or Adam Goldberg, though.

The fact remains that if you move Barron to the left, you're weakening the right because either Brown or Goldberg has to take his place. The right side was already weak because of Brown, who didn't play well at all. Taking a strength away from that side doesn't sound like the best solution to me.

Ultimately these guys have worked at these positions all week, most of them longer. It's a lot easier said than done to play mix-and-match and move people around, especially in the middle of a game. Olsen tried to compensate for Pace's loss by being even more conservative. It didn't work, but I'm not sure a mid-game shift of the line would have produced better results.

Now, on the other hand, with a week of practices ahead of us, I say let's look at other alignments now when guys have a chance to get some reps there.

Tony Soprano Guest

I'm so pissed that the Rams chose to Ignore the OT position after Steussie went down. It was a Boneheaded move - and Linehan better learn fast because he screwed up big time.

Taking another RB and ignoring the OT position - you gotta be kidding me!