Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Mrs. Lincoln, other than the murder, how did you like the play? Today's bright spots

general counsel is offline Registered User

Mrs. Lincoln, other than the murder, how did you like the play? Today's bright spots

While the Rams got bombed again today and showed little or no pulse for most of the game, a few "good things" to talk about.

-Jackson ran hard. He had a couple of nice runs. He also got hit in the backfield about 10 times.
    -I dont think the offensive line had a false start today, which is a borderline miracle (of course the D had a 12 men on the field penalty which negated a 3rd down stop)
    -Salas had a couple of nice catch and runs. He looks like a keeper.
    -Al Harris turned back the clock today and played pretty well.
    -Two nice catch and runs for Illinois Mike.
    -Lloyd is about 20x better than anyone else we have. He had a couple of nice plays. Its unrealistic to expect any timing with the qb at this point, let alone the backup qb
    -Nice extra point by Josh Brown (ok, thats a stretch, but it was another rough day, that effectively ended when we went 3 and out after the turnover we got at around midfield early in the second half down only 10

I can not talk about the Rams run defense without projectile vomit. For all the talk about wr and cb, does it occur to anyone that we absolutely stink up the middle of the defensive line. I think Robbins aged 5 years during the lockout and bannan shows me nothing. So much for the vaunted spags rotation. We REALLY need help at defensive tackle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Tampa_Ram and swatter555 like this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: Mrs. Lincoln, other than the murder, how did you like the play? Today's bright s

Good analogy on the thread title

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Mrs. Lincoln, other than the murder, how did you like the play? Today's bright s

Nice summary, except there was one false start. Definite improvement there though.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Saffold had to get his Alex Barron moment in, but they did much better regarding the false starts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Saffold false started on near our own goal line. I couldn't agree more that we need a run stuffing DT. And where was our number one DE pick?

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Feeley played solid backup QB.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    While the Rams got bombed again today and showed little or no pulse for most of the game, a few "good things" to talk about.

-Jackson ran hard. He had a couple of nice runs. He also got hit in the backfield about 10 times.
    -I dont think the offensive line had a false start today, which is a borderline miracle (of course the D had a 12 men on the field penalty which negated a 3rd down stop)
    -Salas had a couple of nice catch and runs. He looks like a keeper.
    -Al Harris turned back the clock today and played pretty well.
    -Two nice catch and runs for Illinois Mike.
    -Lloyd is about 20x better than anyone else we have. He had a couple of nice plays. Its unrealistic to expect any timing with the qb at this point, let alone the backup qb
    -Nice extra point by Josh Brown (ok, thats a stretch, but it was another rough day, that effectively ended when we went 3 and out after the turnover we got at around midfield early in the second half down only 10

I can not talk about the Rams run defense without projectile vomit. For all the talk about wr and cb, does it occur to anyone that we absolutely stink up the middle of the defensive line. I think Robbins aged 5 years during the lockout and bannan shows me nothing. So much for the vaunted spags rotation. We REALLY need help at defensive tackle.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nice post!

I thought SJ played bad sure he and one long run, but for the most part he looks old to me. As you stated he got hit 10 times in the backfield that's only because he hops and stops on every run. The true beast today was Murray he ran hard and fast and through us today. Its time to move on and get some fresh legs in the backfield.
    RockinRam and Fastcat like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We rarely had any penalties. Thats a start.

Brandon Lloyd is the real deal. This guy is going to be nasty with Sam.

The offensive line held up pretty damn good, especially against Ware. Goldberg > J.Smith.

general counsel is offline Registered User

There were absolutely no holes for jackson to run through. I totally disagree that any stopping and hopping had anything to do with his inability to run. Did murray have a great day? Sure. However, he ran through holes that you could drive a truck through. The cowboys are the #1 team against the run. They penetrate at the point of attack. That has nothing to do with jackson's age. Jim Brown could not have run effectively against the cowboys today with our blocking (or lack thereof). Keep in mind jackson had about 75 yards which isnt bad considering how many times he had absolutely no chance at all to gain positive yardage.

The rams have tons of problems. Jackson is not one of them.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Seeing drastic improvement in the pass blocking the last two weeks.

Also seeing improvement from Justin King.

Rambos is offline Registered User

There were absolutely no holes for jackson to run through. I totally disagree that any stopping and hopping had anything to do with his inability to run. Did murray have a great day? Sure. However, he ran through holes that you could drive a truck through. The cowboys are the #1 team against the run. They penetrate at the point of attack. That has nothing to do with jackson's age. Jim Brown could not have run effectively against the cowboys today with our blocking (or lack thereof). Keep in mind jackson had about 75 yards which isnt bad considering how many times he had absolutely no chance at all to gain positive yardage.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    He had 70 yards.. take away the one 40 yard run and he had 30 yards on 17 carries. 1.7 yard per rush.

He is not the same... he's getting older.. It is a problem when your starting running back misses time due to quads and hamstrings..

It happen to Marshal and it happening to SJ he's one year away from being out of gas.

Great running backs don't always need a hole they make one or use their speed to get to the outside. SJ does not run with leverage and does not have the burst to get to the outside if there is no hole he just run up the back of the O-line and is taken down. Any RB can get thru a huge hole even SJ can.

He is not what he used to be just saying.. we need to get a young back soon that will in the near future replace SJ.

macrammer is offline Registered User

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    first off, great post and I agree with your points. Lloyd especially was a breath of fresh air for me. But, as far as SJAX.....He has an NFL shelf life that is quickly expiring before our very eyes. That to me is huge problem with all of the other holes we seem to have to fill. Just my opinion.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

our o-line sucks, plain and simple, cant create holes for the life of them. if you think sjax is part of the problem then you are seriously messed up. our o-line cant run protect, or pass protect most of the time. Jax is a beast and shows that when the o-line operates even average. Sjax has a few good years left in him. i want him to retire a ram, more then most, and i hope he see's the promised land before hes done.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Yes Murray did have some nice holes, but even when he didn't, he initiated contact, broke tackles, and ran tough and fast.

Nowadays Jackson has the occasional broken tackle, runs at an average speed, and doesn't hit every hole with authority anymore. He's not quick enough to do his stutter step anymore yet still tries.

Aging Jackson + terrible blocking + #1 run defense = Recipe for disaster.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I am very glad to see where Salas has improved over the past few weeks. He had me very worried after that Giants game, but hopefully that was just a fluke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast