Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Tony Soprano's Avatar
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    13

    Must Keep Haslett

    .
    There's word that there's a strong feeling that we must keep Jim Haslett as Head Coach. Of course, this is a Brilliant idea.

    While we're at it, let's hire Detroit HC, Rod Marinelli as Director of Winning.

    Let's hire Matt Millen as Director of Player Personnel.

    Let's hire Ryan Leaf as QB coach.

    Let's hire Herm Edwards as Assistant Head-Coach.

    Let's hire Mike Ditka as Head/Director of trade your entire Draft for one Pot-Head.

    Let's hire Jimmy Kennedy as Defensive Line coach.

    We can hire Claude Wroten as Head of Drug-Testing and personal development.

    Since we have Haslett, do we really need a Defensive Coordinator?

    And after these moves, we can concentrate on the important things, like making sure we play the right music for the Players.

    .


  2. #2
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    it is being reported on ESPN that the players sent a letter to Chip requesting that he bring back Haslett,Whats with this love affair with this guy,if you liked playing for him so much why don't you win a few games for him,Be careful what you wish for guys because if and when he does get that title and contract then it becomes his team and he might not be that guy he is now.he is saying and doing all the right things now to get the job but once he gets it the gloves come off.

  3. #3
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    it is being reported on ESPN that the players sent a letter to Chip requesting that he bring back Haslett,Whats with this love affair with this guy,if you liked playing for him so much why don't you win a few games for him,Be careful what you wish for guys because if and when he does get that title and contract then it becomes his team and he might not be that guy he is now.he is saying and doing all the right things now to get the job but once he gets it the gloves come off.

    This is exactly why we shouldnt keep Haslett. The players have just grown too comfortable with being less than mediocre. This may not all be Haslett's fault but he has been there running our rediculously bad defense this entire time. It's time for a new regime and Haslett can go find work elsewhere. This team and it's players need a shot in the arm and they can't get that from Haslett. The reason they cant get it is because they are already comfortable with the guy. They know what he does and how he handles situations. To be honest I didnt see much spark in the d over the last few years, have you? I don't really have anything against Haslett but it's time for a new direction. A new young coach or Marty or Cowher.

    Kiper said yesterday on their radio show that he thought Rex Ryan would end up in St. Louis. I can't say I'd be disappointed with a good defensive minded coach. Haslett has to go there is no other way. These players who have grown comfortable need to fear for their jobs.
    Just Fix It

  4. #4
    Dwight Frye's Avatar
    Dwight Frye is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    47
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    .....OR he could be 'the man'. The players really seem to like him. I really don't know if I wanna give up on him yet. Yeah, we suck. 5-26. However, that is Linny and Ziggy and Shaw's mess. Haslett inherited a team that was 0-8. We were already 'done'. The effort is a lot better. I was kinda happy w/ the way they played in the last two losses (for the first 3 quarters of each, anyway). Maybe Has could be 'the man' if given a fresh start. Venturi? Not so much. Just sayin' ....

    Wonder what Chris, Donnie and Keenan are thinking. I believe their opinion matters most as THEY are the future.

  5. #5
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    This is exactly why we shouldnt keep Haslett. The players have just grown too comfortable with being less than mediocre. This may not all be Haslett's fault but he has been there running our rediculously bad defense this entire time. It's time for a new regime and Haslett can go find work elsewhere. This team and it's players need a shot in the arm and they can't get that from Haslett. The reason they cant get it is because they are already comfortable with the guy. They know what he does and how he handles situations. To be honest I didnt see much spark in the d over the last few years, have you? I don't really have anything against Haslett but it's time for a new direction. A new young coach or Marty or Cowher.

    Kiper said yesterday on their radio show that he thought Rex Ryan would end up in St. Louis. I can't say I'd be disappointed with a good defensive minded coach. Haslett has to go there is no other way. These players who have grown comfortable need to fear for their jobs.
    I agree,I think we need to make a clean breaK from the FO to the coaching staff,I also am not against Ryan getting a shot.

  6. #6
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    .....OR he could be 'the man'. The players really seem to like him. I really don't know if I wanna give up on him yet. Yeah, we suck. 5-26. However, that is Linny and Ziggy and Shaw's mess. Haslett inherited a team that was 0-8. We were already 'done'. The effort is a lot better. I was kinda happy w/ the way they played in the last two losses (for the first 3 quarters of each, anyway). Maybe Has could be 'the man' if given a fresh start. Venturi? Not so much. Just sayin' ....

    Wonder what Chris, Donnie and Keenan are thinking. I believe their opinion matters most as THEY are the future.
    the effort may be better but you need to play 4 quarters,not 2 or 3 and these last couple of games have not even been against good teams,if this is how you show your coach you have his back,then you might want to be looking over your shoulder.

  7. #7
    Dwight Frye's Avatar
    Dwight Frye is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    47
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    the effort may be better but you need to play 4 quarters,not 2 or 3 and these last couple of games have not even been against good teams,if this is how you show your coach you have his back,then you might want to be looking over your shoulder.

    Also, very true. I would be happy w/ Ryan also. I DO think that whatever happens we should get a defensive minded guy. The Ravens D absolutely KILLS, and has for close to a decade. That's what I want. A defense that is FEARED.

  8. #8
    NY RAMFAN's Avatar
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Please don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Haz, but how can the players send a letter to the owners asking to keep Haz when they did nothing for him, and if they did nothing for him in the past, why do we have to think they'll do it in the future?
    Plus, isn't the word out there that we are going to pretty much get rid of many "players" (or should I say paycheck collectors?). If so, some of them are signing a petition to keep a HC that eventually is going to get rid of them?
    I'm starting to think that the problem is mainly the players . . .
    I still don't understand... I guess many of our players failed the wonderlic test

  9. #9
    Tony Soprano's Avatar
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    This is exactly why we shouldnt keep Haslett. The players have just grown too comfortable with being less than mediocre. This may not all be Haslett's fault but he has been there running our rediculously bad defense this entire time. It's time for a new regime and Haslett can go find work elsewhere. This team and it's players need a shot in the arm and they can't get that from Haslett. The reason they cant get it is because they are already comfortable with the guy. They know what he does and how he handles situations. To be honest I didnt see much spark in the d over the last few years, have you? I don't really have anything against Haslett but it's time for a new direction. A new young coach or Marty or Cowher.
    .

    .
    EXACTLY!

    It doesn't take long for guys getting paid BIG checks to settle in to what
    is familiar.

    I view this thing about the Players wanting Haslett like their answer to being 1-10 (or something crazy) was to change the Music played during the Home games. Who didn't know that was a bunch of BS!

    It's also why they don't let the players pick the Coach.

    How many years has Haslett had to made our Defense good?

    .

  10. #10
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Remember that this isn't Haslett's team. This is Linehan's and Zygmunt's team that Haslett is trying to play with.

  11. #11
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Haslett has to go....do I want Ryan and a team patterned after the Ravens? No thank you. What has me truly concerned is our front office situation. I wish we had just cut Shaw lose all together. With him staying in such a predominant role (don't buy into his claim to be less involved when he still will be representing the team at NFL meetings and having input on personnel and cap decisions. Not to mention he is looked upon as a father figure by Chip and his advise will weigh heavily with the owner), we are not going to attract the really talented personnel people we need to turn this team around. I was beginning to feel hopeful that Chip was going to be his own man and make this team his own. Holding onto Shaw just shows me that he can't quite make the hard decisions that its going to take to make the changes this team desperately needs to be successful in the future.
    Last edited by bigredman; -12-28-2008 at 06:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Remember that this isn't Haslett's team. This is Linehan's and Zygmunt's team that Haslett is trying to play with.
    Well, the defense was reportedly Haslett's personal fief prior to his promotion, and that wasn't exactly setting the world on fire either.

    He's had his chance. Why should we let his comical "plan" play out any further?

  13. #13
    eldfan's Avatar
    eldfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville N.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Remember that this isn't Haslett's team. This is Linehan's and Zygmunt's team that Haslett is trying to play with.
    I hear you but when we lost to the ***** that ended it for me. ***** did well under there new coach. We have to be able to win games like that they fell off so much I think it is time to start a new.
    :ramlogo:

  14. #14
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    We can't keep him. I'm sorry. I know the players like him, but his defense has led us to these losses. He needs to go.

  15. #15
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Must Keep Haslett

    I agree, even if the players are pulling for him, we need a fresh start, which means a new head coach. Also, some players need to be CUT as of tomorrow. The Team needs a to get the message across that losing will NOT be tolerated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post Game with Gordo: 10-12
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
  2. Seasoned Haslett ready for second chance, huge challenge
    By evil disco man in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -09-30-2008, 05:55 AM
  3. Haslett embraces new role with Rams
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -02-16-2006, 01:08 PM
  4. Haslett hiring shows that Linehan is in it to win
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-26-2006, 03:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •