• Bartell

1 1.25%
  • Fletcher

1 1.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mvd

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Mvd

Our defense is obviously much improved this year. So the question the comes to mind is who is our most valuable Defender? This one isnt just for the players, Coaches come up with the schemes and game plans so I will include them too. So who do we think is the biggest reason for our defensive success.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Mvd

I will go with Laurenitus, he makes all the checks on defense and has complete control of the defense on the field. To me he is probably the key to our defense at the halfway mark of the season.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I am gonna go with Long. Last year when Long did alright we were doing bad on the D, although when he comes out to play and creates pressure, we dominate. We look like a ferocious defensive line.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

although it has a lot to do with coach Spags and Flajole who are helping the "bit-part" players to play up to and beyond their expected levels and the coaches are involved in the options..i`m gonna bypass them and pick out of the players.

for me, yes Long is getting the reward he has deserved from day 1 and Laurinaitis even after a very good rookie year has stepped up his game to another level,from the solid tackler of last year to the solid tackler AND playmaker this year.
    i`m going for the guy who has helped those two (and several others) in freeing them up to make those plays...I`m talking about Fred Robbins.
    if we didn`t have him Long would instead of often being double teamed,would always be double teamed on every play..without him..Laurinaitis would have big nasty leading blockers in his face to try and navigate around.
    without Fred the opposition would be getting decent runs on first downs and all these 3rd and Longs we seeing this year,would be 3rd and short if we lucky.
    (of course i`m saying this presuming that if we didn`t sign Fred we wouldn`t have signed somebody as good as him)

i honestly don`t think Long is playing that much better than he always has for us..it`s just instead of getting close without finishing the play.. having Robbins in the team is giving him that extra second he has always needed to execute them more often.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -10-31-2010 at 10:33 PM.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

It's gotta be either Long or Hall. Those guys have been pressuring the quarterback all year with consistency.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

There is no one or two players solely responsible for our turnaround on defense. The entire group as a unit is the MVD.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Spags and Flajole have really coached these guys up. They have been dialing up good blitzes and always come in with a good game plan. You could legitimately give it to any of our starting d-linemen. the entire secondary has played well and Lauranatis is the leader of this stout unit. Its hard to just pick one guy.

I will say this, Chris Long has been balling out of his mind. No way Hall has 6.5 sacks without him. Even if he isn't getting a sack it seems like he is either getting pressure or drawing a holding penalty. For example today Long beat his man off the edge matt moore was forced to step up Lauranatis sacked him. He is drawing double teams and is near the top of the league in QB pressures.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

If I have to pick one guy, it's got to be Chris Long. As 39thebeast mentioned, he is palying out of his mind, making big plays, creating opportunities for others and generally wreaking havoc and mayhem on the field.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -11-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    There is no one or two players solely responsible for our turnaround on defense. The entire group as a unit is the MVD.
    I agree, the unit as a whole.

But,,,,if I had to pick it would be Laurenitus. He seems to be everywhere, picking passes, makeing tackles and getting sacks. He IMO is the Brian Urlacher of the RAMS. He is a true leader out there and I am glad we got him.

P.S. Bartell is haveing a not so quiet great year at corner. Just saying.

See you all after the bye.
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -11-01-2010 at 12:07 AM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

James Laurinaitis has become the main focal point and face the Rams defense. That being said its been great to witness the blossoming of Chris Long and Ron Bartell. Coach Steve Spagnuolo deserves alot of credit also for the Rams success on Defense.
    JL gets my vote!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Laurinaitis. He is just a beast and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves and gets in the pro bowl this year. Did anyone else like it when he did the whole Hulk Hogan routine after he got his sack in the game today.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I went for Long even though it was a close call. I think the presure he creates on every down is a key factor for the rest of the guys looking good.

But Laurinaitis, Atogwe, Robbins and Bartell have also impressed me this year.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Whilst Long and Laurinaitis are both playing exceptionally well and represent the future of our defence, I'd say that the veteran leadership and reliability of Fred Robbins has made a huge difference to our play. He gets my vote.

shower beers is offline Registered User

The fact that we have so many potential candidates speaks volumes, I think. Though having to pick one, I went with Laurinaitis. 8 tackles, an int and a sack this week, I mean come on! Plus his block O tattoo sealed the deal for me.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The QB of our defense is Lauranaitis so he gets my vote.

Honorable mention to everyone else on the defense.

GO RAMS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast