Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CarolinaRam is offline Registered User

MVP Introductions: Kurt Warner

In todays Super Bowl pregame, it was nice to hear those words:

St. Louis Rams, Kurt Warner

A nice idea to have many of the past SB MVPs to come out of the tunnel. A lot of history there. Some guys showed a little more personality than others.

gap Guest

Re: MVP Introductions: Kurt Warner

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRam
    In todays Super Bowl pregame, it was nice to hear those words:

St. Louis Rams, Kurt Warner

A nice idea to have many of the past SB MVPs to come out of the tunnel. A lot of history there. Some guys showed a little more personality than others.
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't hear/see three time MVP Montana. Was he not available? Or did I just mis it?

gap

BTW The conspiracy nut in me thinks SYoung's ego wouldn't allow him to get the recognition.

CarolinaRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, no Montana. Maybe that's something that everyone isn't comfortable with. I loved seeing Namath's big smile. He's still a star.
    No Brady either, but he is there at the game. Maybe they figured everybody is tired of Tom.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRam
    Yeah, no Montana. Maybe that's something that everyone isn't comfortable with. I loved seeing Namath's big smile. He's still a star.
    No Brady either, but he is there at the game. Maybe they figured everybody is tired of Tom.
    I do believe Brady was in the line up

gap
    Last edited by gap; -02-05-2006 at 07:50 PM.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Sami even noticed KW was introduced as "St. Louis Rams Kurt Warner".

She felt proud enough to cheer!

thoey is offline Registered User

Hearing today rumors of Montana requiring $110K appearance fee. He denied it saying he wanted to spend time with his kids.
    This space for rent...

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Nice to see kurt their in that capacity , he was great

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

That was awesome, sent chills down my spine ....

moklerman is offline Registered User

I saw a replay of the NFL Network pre-week show with Warner as a guest and he seems to have really streamlined his "media-speak". Not one single word about relegion in that, or any of the recent interviews I've seen with him. All kinds of praise for the Cardinals' potential/direction, lot's of talk about his kids(twins). I guess you can't blame the guy for learning his lesson with all the flack he took in his early years. Nothing like a good publicist and a client who listens.

BigGameHolt is offline Registered User

watching those MVPs come out of the tunnel and seeing our boy Kurt come out with the words: St. Louis Rams Kurt Warner, although only 6-10 this season, those words brought me back to the best moment of my life...23-16 rams in XLI!
    :clanram: BIG GAME Holt

RealRam is offline Registered User

:tut As for Montana ...

I wonder if he and his kids couldn't have instead made arrangements to be at the SB so that Joe would have been a part of the MVPs salute.

Family is critically important, sure ... but, again, it might have been just as much as a thrill for the Montana kids to be at the SB and see their dad parade along with all those historic MVPs.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I lost a lot of respect for Montana and Bradshaw over that whole mess. Their story(s) seem a little weak to me. Montana somehow found the time to be in Detroit during the week (when he was being paid by a pharmicudical company) and Bradshaw, who was also in Detroit all week before the game, are putting "family-time" ahead of a once in a lifetime event(unless some of these guys live 'til SB L). I understand the importance of family but let's be realistic. Montana said he promised to go to his kid's basketball games so he couldn't get out of it. That's pretty thin, but okay. He also said that he would be watching the game on tv with his kids because they like to watch together. ???If they're all going to be watching the game, why not take the free flight to Detroit and watch it live and see your dad being honored? Something there is fishy.

I don't know the back story on Bradshaw but I find it unlikely that a guy who's never been a family man couldn't somehow make it to the ceremony. I mean, he's on tv alll day on every Sunday of the year and now he suddenly has family obligations he can't get out of? I'm sure that's standard operating procedure for a family that is supported by the NFL. Plan something on Super Bowl Sunday. Yeah. Right.

Jake Scott, the only other SBMVP that didn't make it was apparently in Australia somewhere. It makes me wonder how far in advance the NFL started planning this thing or notifying the players, but I think JS hasn't benefitted from the NFL like the other two have. Hell, Montana's old ass is still dressing up in his ***** uniform and making commercials for a buck(which I don't blame him, but if he's going to make money and fame from the NFL, have the stones to give a little back). I have a really crappy job but I still appreciate the fact that I have it. Not everyone does. If my boss asked me to show up at a company picnic or whatever, I would do it, at the very least, out of obligation. Maybe even gratitude. If my boss offered to send me to the Super Bowl for free to represent the company, I would probably say "ok" to that too.

RealRam is offline Registered User

...If he's going to make money and fame from the NFL, have the stones to give a little back. --Moklerman
    Good one Mok! But after all, once a Whiner, always a Whiner (it sort of ruins Joe's QB legacy).

Also, you touched on the 'obligation' factor. And correctly so. Yesterday on the Mike and Mike show, both of these Mikes went back and forth forever on whether or not that SB MVP appearance ought to be considered an obligation.

Yes, no, if's and's and but's.

To me, is IS an OBLIGATION., simply because, as you put it, it is out of gratitude, i.e., a MORAL OBLIGATION, not a legal one, of course.

And again I say, I believe it would have been as much a thrill for the youngsters to be at a SPECIAL SB (or at least, what was supposed to be special) with their father being a part of the SB MVP history. Forget that baseball game for once -- or whatever game they were playing and attend something far bigger that really merits a family-togther activity.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Good one Mok! But after all, once a Whiner, always a Whiner
    ....and let's not forget that before he was a Whiner he played for Notre Dame...which just makes him plain evil.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You know, how much do guys like Joe Montana have to give back to the game after all they have given already? He had a family obligation and decided to attend one of his sons games instead of walking out on Ford Field for 15 seconds.

They played the game. They took the hits Let them live their life as they wish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast