VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

My "10 Reasons"...

not so much for optimism, but why I am REALLY looking forward to this season.

1a) Bulger is gone, (and I love(d) the guy, but I think he and the Rams just needed to part company), and b) Bradford will (and should) play. It sort of finalised a break with the (crappy) past.

2a) Spags has a year as a head coach, and most of the players have a year of Spags, and b) Shurmer knows what he has, and knows what doesn't work.

3a) Diggs and b) Robbins. Just wait.

4a) Our O-line will surprise, and more importantly b) will not keep shooting itself in the foot. I think it's underestimated how demoralizing those drive killers can be. Barron will sit in Dallas, and Cogs can't keep a job. Again, I liked them both, but it was just time.

5a) We are better at WR than we, (and ALL the talking (air)heads) realise, and b) have someone who can hit a deep route.

6a) We have a real MLB for the first time since Fletcher - (has it almost been 10 years?), and b) will have a pass rush this year. I didn't say a good one, just that we'll at least have one, unlike the last 3 years. There really is some talent on the D-line - raw maybe, but it's there.

7a) The Rams will have a new owner, (be it Kroenke or Khan), who b) seems to genuinely like the team, and who has, and will spend, the money to improve the team.

8a) The Fisher, Butler, Hill, et al days at cornerback are over, and b) the Rams do have talent and depth at the position.

9a) The Rams really did play better last year. We were just so bad it was difficult to see the difference. It will be obvious this year.
    And b) the whole attitude has changed with this team, and that my friends, is key.

10a) The management team that destroyed a franchise is finally history, and b) the new regime actually seem to understand how an NFL team should be run.

I'd be lying if I claimed not to be excited, and to look forward to every year, but this year will be special, at least to me. Make no mistake; I'd love for the Rams to win 8 games, will be happy with 6, but am expecting 4 or 5.

I honestly don't care that much though, as I am much more interested in watching this team steadily improve through their 16 game schedule, during which time a once proud and dominant franchise will be on its way to regaining some of its long lost glory.

(Jeez - was that wordy or what?)
    Last edited by VegasRam; -05-26-2010 at 11:24 AM.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

msha is offline Registered User

Re: My "10 Reasons"...

agreed, i share your optimism

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I agree with you brudda. I also think our o line will surprise. P.S. Vegas, where are you in relation to the venetian? I'm staying there for three days lol got any good restaurants I should try out?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    not so much for optimism, but why I am REALLY looking forward to this season.

1a) Bulger is gone, (and I love(d) the guy, but I think he and the Rams just needed to part company), and b) Bradford will (and should) play. It sort of finalised a break with the (crappy) past.

2a) Spags has a year as a head coach, and most of the players have a year of Spags, and b) Shurmer knows what he has, and knows what doesn't work.

3a) Diggs and b) Robbins. Just wait.

4a) Our O-line will surprise, and more importantly b) will not keep shooting itself in the foot. I think it's underestimated how demoralizing those drive killers can be. Barron will sit in Dallas, and Cogs can't keep a job. Again, I liked them both, but it was just time.

5a) We are better at WR than we, (and ALL the talking (air)heads) realise, and b) have someone who can hit a deep route.

6a) We have a real MLB for the first time since Fletcher - (has it really been 10 years?), and b) will have a pass rush this year. I didn't say a good one, just that we'll at least have one, unlike the last 3 years. There really is some talent on the D-line - raw maybe, but it's there.

7a) The Rams will have a new owner, (be it Kroenke or Shah), who b) seems to genuinely like the team, and who has, and will spend, the money to improve the team.

8a) The Fisher, Butler, Hill, et al days at cornerback are over, and b) the Rams do have talent and depth at the position.

9a) The Rams really did play better last year. We were just so bad it was difficult to see the difference. It will be obvious this year.
    And b) the whole attitude has changed with this team, and that my friends, is key.

10a) The management team that destroyed a franchise is finally history, and b) the new regime actually seem to understand how an NFL team should be run.

I'd be lying if I claimed not to be excited, and to look forward to every year, but this year will be special, at least to me. Make no mistake; I'd love for the Rams to win 8 games, will be happy with 6, but am expecting 4 or 5.

I honestly don't care that much though, as I am much more interested in watching this team steadily improve through their 16 game schedule, during which time a once proud and dominant franchise will be on its way to regaining some of its long lost glory.

(Jeez - was that wordy or what?)
    Since you chose to be uncharacteristically wordy, I'll be uncharacteristically brief:

YEEEEAAAAAAAAH !!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I agree with everything here I'm so excited this year. Id like to add some stuff though. Maybe fendi onubon becoming the next gates/gonzolez. And I wanna say gilyard is gonna make a impact. Also with our offense gettin better is gonna make our defense better. Idk about u guys but I saw some major potental last year on defense. If our offensed wasn't so horrible our defense could of been even better.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Awesome to say the least. I agree with all you had to say except that I hated Marc Bulger. I was actually real happy to see him cut, not traded but cut. It was all capped of when I traveled from Fort Sill for the home opener against the North Carolina Panthers and watched him bungle through 4 quarters so we could lose to some scrub team. The last play of the game was a penalty on the Defense, but no Bulger. He had already gone to the locker to change. We sat there and waited for his pompous hind end to return to the field and finish the game. Did he try to throw a Touchdown to try and score, no. He walked out acting like it was an inconvenience and ran a kneel down play. Not like the man gets paid to play right? Ough wait, he does and way more than me to boot. On July 28, 2007, Bulger signed a six-year, $62.5 million contract extension with the Rams. The contract included $27 million in guaranteed money Sorry but I canít say much for this guy. THANK GOD HE IS GONE.

6a) We have a real MLB for the first time since Fletcher - (has it really been 10 years?)

No, London Fletcher played in the Super Bowl in 2002 for us. He was known as one of the most consistent and knowledgeable linebackers in the game. Fletcher has never missed a game in his lengthy career. So why on earth did we trade this guy to Buffalo?

My 10 reasons.

1) Bulger is gone.
    2) We have the next to the easiest schedule next year so we should win some games.
    3) Steven Jackson is incredible.
    4) Sam Bradford at quarterback.
    5) We are rebuilding but so is everyone else in the West.
    6) Kurt Warner does not play for the Dumpster diving Cardinals any more. Neither does Anquan Boldin.
    7) Issac Bruce may not play for the Minors, so I can almost go back to straight hating them. Ough wait, I just remembered, I still do.
    8) I see us winning 9 games next year.
    9) Possible winning the west, doubt it, but anything is possible.
    10) I can actual schedule my leave to co-inside with the home games this year. Who hoo.