Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: My 10 thoughts on the game

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    So I actually got to go see this game live, the first and only one I got to see this year. Sorry if these points have been covered and 'cussed about already, but I just got home and wanted to share with everyone what I thought.
    Thanks for the post from the game C-Mob 71. It was a close game for the first half. The offenses did not get started. Hope you had a good time for your first game.

4)I appreciated the Niners dressing and starting Bruce, and making him a captain.

5) While he only played one play, this will go down as one of my favorite Isaac Bruce memories. With only a few minutes left and most of the fans gone, a picture of the Reverend was placed on the big screen and the customary "BRUUUUUUCE" cheer was started. With hardly anyone there, this was the biggest and most meaningful standing ovation I have been a part of. The big screen showed Ike on the ***** sideline, who had returned to street clothes, and he had tears in his eyes. This man was one of the greatest Rams of all time, and I am happy to have seen his "final" game, even if he was in those nasty niner uniforms.
    I was a good Bruce moment. Good to see him one last time standing in front of the fans. Good to see him up close. He has meant a lot to the Rams

8) Hopefully our starting QB next year is not currently on our roster.

9) Our offense is bad, almost bad enough for me to want to spend our number one pick on that side of the ball.
    I hear you on that. None of our QBs are getting the job done this year. It would be nice to think that a new QB would solve many problems. I think the O line is horrible though and that never helps a QB look good. Steven Jackson can not even get a yard or two for a first down most times. There is no push, no lanes to run in, no QB protection.

It will be interesting to see what is done with the QB situation and who is drafted this year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I watched the game at my local sports bar and my only thought of the day was; "will this miserable season please end?"

It was an awful display of professional football. Both teams were totally anemic on offense. You're right, it wasn't a great defensive performance by either team, it was just really bad offense. It was tough sitting there watching that debacle while fans around me were laughing and making remarks about how bad the Rams are. Everytime Null was sacked (again) I'd hear the "there he goes again", or something to that affect, and when they couldn't get the punt off w/o a freakin' penalty, it was almost laughable. ....no, it WAS laughable.

I feel for the kid, Null, as the offensive line was pathetic. I know they're a make-shift line because of injuries, but my gawd that was bad. It's so sad to see a once proud franchise (pre-Georgia) turn into this nightmare. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mike Martz and the bunch of dummies in the FO destroyed this team. Years of bad drafts and trades by that group have set this team so far back. They managed to turn a SB team into a joke in a very short amount of time by letting players go, drafting one bust after another, and missing talent that was theirs for the taking, if they just had the right people making the decisions in those drafts.

It was a sad day to be a Rams fan. They're going to need a whole lot more than one #1 draft pick to get back on track. They had better nail it this off season, or next year will be another 1-2 win season.
    Agree wholeheartedly with the "more than 1 piece", but would like to see the team with all our existing "pieces" healthy, Suh, another starting draft pick, 2 solid free agents, and a healthy, protected Bulger.

The difference would be amazing.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

rammiser is offline Registered User

I know everybody seems to hate Barron, but the guy isnt that bad of an offensive lineman. As a matter of fact he was our second best this season in my opinion. He has his moments and still has focus problems but he does protect the qb. I know Smith is the future LT but can Barron play guard? Just letting the guy go in my opinion will be yet another in a long line of letting guys go too soon i.e (Pickett,Chillar,Fletcher,Bly,Bettis,Warner) you get the point. Look around the league a lot of our former draft picks are either starting or contributing in some way to their current team. Meanwhile we are starting guys who were doing construction or delivering newspapers earlier in the year. I don't know what it is about this organization but labeling guys a bust seems to be a fan favorite before the guy can even develop. People are already banging on Long for not getting over 10 sacks this year. Maybe we should let him go too. I'm sick and tired of letting guys go that can play and then watching them start for another organization. I know Jonathan Wade has been in the doghouse but that guy can tackle and he's still young, but I bet we let him go too. This team needs to start holding onto some of these guys instead of letting them go so early.

This front office better improve or it is not going to get better. Last years draft appears to have been a pretty good one we need another one just like that to improve this year. We need offensive lineman that can hold up and stay healthy, yet most of you want to get rid of the one guy who never gets hurt (Barron). Every offensive lineman gets beat from time to time and yes Barron makes mistakes but he also has had some pretty dominant games as well. So lets just keep drafting guys and letting them go a couple years later so another team can capitalize on the prime of their career. We have become the scout team for the entire NFL.
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12