Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: My 2006 Plan for Adam Archuleta

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I don't really like the idea. What if no one offers him a contract? He isn't even a top 20 safety imo he would be way overpaid.
    If you're talking about the transition tag, it's my understanding that we can pull the tag and the offer at anytime.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I believe that someone is going to offer him a lot of money. it will be a team with a lot more cap room than us that is looking for help on run defense and can rotate him out on passing downs. again, just my view, but the reason i think that he is gone is that someone will pay him millions more than we will/should. NEVER underestimate the greater idiot theory when it comes to mismanagement of salary cap dollars.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

mh-i is offline Registered User

In 2002 Archuleta had a career high 116 total tackles. In 2005 he has 65. In 2004, a year all will agree was hampered by disk problems to his back, he had 75. The cry from Archuleta apologists was wait until "next year." Well "next year" has come and gone and his numbers are still going in reverse. In 5 seasons he has 3 interceptions. By any measure that is way below average for a so called elite safety in the NFL or even an average safety. It seems to not matter at all to many posting on this thread that Archuleta has no skills in pass coverage. What do you guys think a safety is supposed to do? Just stop the run? If Rams fans want this defense to get better they will need to accept the fact that some of our current players, Archuleta included, need to be replaced. If another team wants to waste big money on Archuleta, all the power to them and Archuleta. I don't see that happening. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no interest in him at all.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If you're talking about the transition tag, it's my understanding that we can pull the tag and the offer at anytime.
    Oh I didn't know that. Well now I like the idea. Thanks for telling me that!
    RamsFan16

RealRam is offline Registered User

As GC said, someone out there in the NFL might blunder in a lot of money for AA -- a la Dre Bly, remember that one?

I've become disappointed in the Arch. He came in from Arizona State with an excellent, shiny credential, especially as a physical workout wizard but slowly began to dim.

I wish him well, wherever he goes (or stays). But something must change starting from within. On the other hand, perhaps he really has been a casualty of injuries; one of those NFL high-potential players that never could shake loose from early concussions, back problems, etc., and got stuck in a rut.

He's had his moments. I'm afraid they're becoming fewer and farther between. :tut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123