Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: My analysis
1. The Big Red run the college spread offense a good portion of the time. It was actually interesting to see it.
2. Several times I couldn't tell instantly who had caught the ball, Amendola or Avery. As soon as they would start running after the catch, it was obvious. Amendola has moves and fights for every yard with heart.
3. Special Teams needs to mix it up. Sending Amendola up the middle each and every time isn't really making all of his abilities.
4. Bulger completes passes. The ball may be low, behind the runner, so high the WR must jump for it, whatever but he completes 7 yard passes. The same route Warner hits the receivers on the hands in stride and they turn into 12-15 yard receptions. That's a major difference.
5. How many times did Warner throw the ball more than 20 yards? For that matter, how many times did he throw it for more than 10 yards? The idea of QBs having cannons for arms that can throw 40 yard bullets is a joke. Warner is deadly accurate on short to immediate routes and that's what wins games.
6. Jackson is a stud.
7. 9 men in the box. If our receivers can't beat man coverage at least occasionally, Jackson is going to continue seeing 9 men on almost every play. I even saw them put 10 men in today. How is that possible?
8. Lack of practice time was obviously a factor today. Gibson and Bulger were not always on the same page but how can anyone honestly expect them to be? The kid is a rookie who has been on the team for 4 weeks? And now he's a starter and you want him to play perfectly? Guy has heart and very good hands. I'm still thrilled by having him.
9. Laurenitis isn't a gem. He's a diamond mine. Dude just produces play after play.
10. When you've got Quincy Butler going against Boldin, you are dead meat. Why do the Rams refuse to play Wade?
11. Nice to see Scott make a few plays.
12. 3 games in a row (I think) with a sack for Long. The monkey is off his back.
13. At his age, how on earth is Little still falling back into pass coverage? I'd be tempted to lure Leonard back for another year.
14. James Butler disappoints me at times. I don't dislike him and maybe he's just trying to do more than he should be he blows his assignment a lot more than I'm comfortable with.
15. This team doesn't give up. They fight and I enjoy watching them.
Re: My analysis
Very nice observation, tell us what you really think......[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-11-23-2009 #4RamsFan16 Guest
Re: My analysis
#5 is right on. Most fans think a QB needs to throw the ball 50 yards or more in the air, but most of the time the most effective pass plays are usually thrown less than 20 yards.
Totally agree with this point.
By Nick in forum Articles by NickReplies: 6Last Post: -09-25-2009, 07:01 PM
By Nick in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 41Last Post: -03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 12Last Post: -07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
By RamsFan16 in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 19Last Post: -07-20-2006, 09:40 AM
By general counsel in forum RAM TALKReplies: 6Last Post: -03-03-2005, 12:45 PM