Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My analysis on the Rams downfall...

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: My analysis on the Rams downfall...

We did a terrible job in free agency this year. Mike Sims Walker, Brady Poppinga, Ben Leber and Justin Bannen, all are busts. Other than Harvey Dahl we have nothing to be proud about. The draft was also weak with only Quinn and Kendricks worth anything. This is a FO issue with talent evaluation. The coaching of the OL has also been terrible. Finally the conditioning may be a factor in our long list of injuries. The only other factor we couldn't control was the lockout leaving our offense no time to learn McD's system. Other than that it's been a dream, oops, nightmare season.

Go Rams!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree the FO deserves a lot of the blame, but I don't think Laurent Robinson is a fair example. He did nothing when he was here to indicate that he could stay healthy and produce.
    Not to mention that despite putting up good numbers, he's still a #3/#4 WR. We have plenty of those on the roster. Robinson might not have been the problem, but he wasn't the solution either. I'm happy he found a spot, but do any of us think he would've played like that for us?

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Not to mention that despite putting up good numbers, he's still a #3/#4 WR. We have plenty of those on the roster. Robinson might not have been the problem, but he wasn't the solution either. I'm happy he found a spot, but do any of us think he would've played like that for us?
    Hard to say really.? It may just be that the scheme in Dallas, is a little more receptive to his playing style. Also, he is having a decent run without injuries in Dallas, for whatever reason.? The greater expectation's of being a Cowboy, has maybe lit a fuse under him.?

This is why it is so hard to judge players in the NFL.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Robinson also has Witten and Dez Bryant to take attention away from him, and also Miles Austin when healthy. Not to mention he has a veteran QB throwing to him.

I agree with the assessment that Robinson did little to keep himself around here. It may or may not be a combination of poor performance and poor coaching, but it doesn't do any good to speculate now. Mike Sims Walker certainly didn't produce after resigning with the Jags. Donnie Avery hasn't done anything with the Titans, and Mardy Gilyard didn't catch on in NY either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12