general counsel is offline Registered User

My banter with the falcons fans on rev ike

As i was being taunted during the rams falcons game saturday night (which i admit was in good fun due to the preseason nature of the event and more importantly, the fact that these guys had consumed about 30 less beers each than during the playoff game), i continued to mention that the falcons wide receivers were well below average. They kept dropping balls.

I informed them over and over that they needed to trade for TO. This got them thinking of course, even though none of them would actually admit to being willing to make the move for a high pick, which i personally believe the falcons would do, notwithstanding the views to the contrary.

Anyway, the smartest of the group finally says to me: We arent going to trade for TO, but we would sure give up a high pick for isaac bruce. He says to me, you guys have curtis etc, you can afford to part with bruce. No specific picks were mentioned (obviously a purely academic discussion). I said to him ok Papa Bird (the name on the back of his jersey), you are smart enough to know the impact ike would have on your chances to win it all this year, I would trade him to you, and would even throw in a mid round pick, but i want the one guy on the falcons roster that would really make a difference for the rams.

Who is that he says. I say, we would want deangelo hall. He spits out his beer and says "unavailable, untouchable." I tell him no problem, stud young corners are tough to find, but thats the price of a guy like rev ike.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: My banter with the falcons fans on rev ike

Isaac Bruce is untouchable. I don't care if it would get us a stud young corner. Bruce is a legend and will retire a Ram.

I have to say, that I would agree.

Bruce has been faithfull to the Rams and would hope that they would in turn be faithfull to him.

In this day of free agency, its rare to see a player of his tallent stick with a team.

Go Bruuuuce.

But then again, its a nice thought LOL

general counsel is offline Registered User

Please dont take this as any sort of indication that i want to part with rev. ike. i love the guy for his class as much as for his skills and i too want him to play out his career and when that fateful day comes, retire as a ram. He is a combination of elroy hirsch and tom fears and the ultimate symbol of what ram football is all about.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

The Rev., the Last LA Ram.
    Sprtsmac :football:

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

First Of All Gc Did You Slap The Guy For Spitting Out His Beer ? And Second The Fact That They Would Want Bruce Over Owens Tells Us That Football People Do Understand What Bruce Can Do And Has Done Through His Career And That Having Some Class Is A Good Thing.the Sports Writers That Dont Give Bruce His Credit For Being One Of The All Time Greats Will Have Egg On There Face When He Becomes A First Ballot Hof.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'd take Patrick Kearney