Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the-king Guest

My biggest shocker??

Claude wroten will start week one. just wait and see, he may have off the field problems, but his talent does not lie. la'roi and claude opening day starters at DT.

Please fill free to add.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Re: My biggest shocker??

i dont think so, even though i think wroten will start at some point during the season, unless kennedy really sucks during preseason he will get the start week 1

Rip32 is offline Registered User

I think he will also be the starter ahead of Kennedy.Jimmy has done nothing to get the nod ahead of Wroten and Wroten would have been a 1st round talent if he had avoided the off the field issues.

In my opinoin Wroten will turn out a better player than Pickett,Lewis and Kennedy and he was picked in the 3rd round,Wroten will turn out to be the best of this years draft class.

the-king Guest

we got the biggest steal in the draft, kennedy played ok against the cowboys, but i am tired of ok. i want great.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by the-king
    Claude wroten will start week one. just wait and see, he may have off the field problems, but his talent does not lie. la'roi and claude opening day starters at DT.

Please fill free to add.
    Listen kid...if you are going to make such a grandiose announcement such as this, back it up with something....ANYTHING. Base your opinion on a personal observation, a media report, or comment by a coach. To just come in here and proclaim Wroten will start because he has mad skills in your unsubstantiated opinion just wastes our time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

I like wroten a lot, am thrilled with the pick and agree he has plenty of upside. However, how many defensive tackles can you name that have started or had any kind of real impact in their rookie year? The position requires physical development and time in over 99% of the cases. If wroten is starting on day one, we are going to have major problems. Their is no evidence that he is ready to step in right away and be a significant run stuffer, which is what we need. If kennedy is a disaster, we are going to be in major trouble, and in that case, fisk is going to start on the running downs. I think wroten will get plenty of chances to play this year and we will see how he does, but we all better hope and pray that with the departure of pickett, kennedy is ready to step up and fill the role of run stuffer.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Good points, G.C. Besides there is no way Wroten starts along side Glover as they are both similar players and neither is a stout run-stopper. What we need is a big butt (Mr. Kennedy, calling Mr. Kennedy!) to step up and clog the middle. And I really don't see Wroten starting over Glover unless there is an injury or something.

WHAT SAY YE?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

That would be a shocker. GC said just about everything I was going to. I'd just like to add that I seem to recall some of the pre-draft scouting reports describing Wroten as "raw" or "needs time to develop." Those aren't particularly good indicators that he would buck the trend of DTs needing more time to adjust to the NFL.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Im just going to wait till the preseason to make my choice who ever does the best against colts o-line gets my pick!

majorram is offline Registered User

I'm just hoping that Wroten keeps out of trouble first before hitting the field, if he does I think we may have a quality player, and I'm looking forward like has been said before to pre season and see what the chap has...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

STLRAMSFAN Guest

My biggest shock would be Linehan getting out of line with the FO. The FO then in turn fires him and call me to be there yes man for a cool mil a year. Yes John, Yes Ziggy, Yes Georgia. I could be the Rams new Barry Switzer for a cool mil.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    My biggest shock would be Linehan getting out of line with the FO. The FO then in turn fires him and call me to be there yes man for a cool mil a year. Yes John, Yes Ziggy, Yes Georgia. I could be the Rams new Barry Switzer for a cool mil.
    When you wish upon a star, it makes no difference who you are, all that your heart desires, may all come true!
    Last edited by bigredman; -07-03-2006 at 08:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I like wroten a lot, am thrilled with the pick and agree he has plenty of upside. However, how many defensive tackles can you name that have started or had any kind of real impact in their rookie year? The position requires physical development and time in over 99% of the cases. If wroten is starting on day one, we are going to have major problems. Their is no evidence that he is ready to step in right away and be a significant run stuffer, which is what we need. If kennedy is a disaster, we are going to be in major trouble, and in that case, fisk is going to start on the running downs. I think wroten will get plenty of chances to play this year and we will see how he does, but we all better hope and pray that with the departure of pickett, kennedy is ready to step up and fill the role of run stuffer.

Their is no doubt in my mind that Kennedy will start , But the past has taught us anything its anything is possible ... I agree with "GC" 100%
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -07-03-2006 at 10:33 PM.

LARAM is offline Registered User

Well, I'm not gonna say he's gonna start. But I won't be surprised if he does....I don't care what NFL draft analyst's have said about him. I followed LSU and his college career closely.......Claude Wroten and Bradie James (currently with Dallas, DE) anchored a LSU defense that ranked in the top 3 a couple of years ago........We are very fortunate that he fell to us in the 3rd round.......If you check with some of my previous posts before the draft......you will see that I called this pick several weeks before the draft. (not to boast or anything). But I swear to god....I was deep down hoping and praying that he would fall to us in the 3rd round. This man is playmaker and he will please all of us. Feel assured and good that he is RAM

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

The new rep bars look like a vomit and pee margarita.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast