View Poll Results: Would you Approve the Rams hiring Rob Ryan?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 22.73%
  • No

34 77.27%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: My Case for Rob Ryan as the next Rams Head Coach

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

My Case for Rob Ryan as the next Rams Head Coach

The more I honestly think about it, and read, the more I think it's an unrealistic option for us to get a Gruden, Cowher, or even Fisher. In my opinion, there are going to be many vacancies, most likely more attractive than the Rams. One for instance, SD. Why in the world would Fisher come here over SD? It just doesn't seem logical, unless we really juice up an offer. I think other teams that are just more talented will have vacancies that will be more attractive to the "Big Three" as they have been described this season.

That would then leave us with the only option of going after an assistant. I personally put my stamp of approval on Rob Ryan. I will take ANYONE over Spags, but Rob Ryan would be the assistant that would get me most excited. The man has tasted winning before, with the Patriots as a LB coach back during the dynasty days. He has made a lot out of a little. The Raiders defense and Browns defenses that he coached left little to be desired. He even shut down the Pats last year with a not so good Brown defense when the Pats were being declared "unbeatable". He has now turned one of the worser defenses in the league in Dallas, into one of the more better ones. He will bring flare and personality that we as Rams fans haven't had since the days of Vermiel...OK maybe a little more.

I respect this mans personality, and swagger. Players will gravitate towards wanting to play for him, much like they do Rex. This would in my opinion, be a no brainer hire. I also enjoyed his comments before we played them, were he gushed about Bradford and SJ39. He said "If I was the Rams coach Jackson would get the ball 50 times a game". About Bradford "One of the rising stars of the league".

If anyone wants a link to this interview send me a PM and I will send it over as I cant post it.

This is just my two cents. I want a former HC first and foremost, just think many of us need to come to terms that pending Stan blowing the Coach out of the water, it's unlikely to happen. Rob Ryan should be at the least bought into an interview, and ultimately hired as Rams HC.

For a video on what he might bring, heres a video of him cursing off his own brother

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: My Case for Rob Ryan as the next Rams Head Coach

Two reasons no: he runs a 3-4 and he's pampas just like his brother. Who needs to double team Calvin johnson.......

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Every time I see him, I think..

Man... Hulk Hogan has really let himself go.

My answer is NO!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Wouldn't mind Rob Ryan. The guy is a winner.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

He's not bad, but to me its the same stuff as Spags. Rob has no idea how to run an NFL offense, and well thats the big part of our team that needs help. I do like Ryan's passion and the fact that players will play for him though. But other than that, hes Spags 2.0.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Wouldn't mind Rob Ryan. The guy is a winner.
    ^^This^^.. Guys at this point we have got to keep all options open. Is R. Ryan my first choice? No, not really, but I agree with THOLTFAN that many of the names we are kicking around are just NOT very likely to become the next Rams coach.

To wit:

1.) I've always thought that Cowher would take the NY Giants job when Coughling left. Looks like that is probably going to happen.

2.) Gruden just reupped his MNF contract. (That has got to be the best gig in all sports, doncha think?)

3.) Fisher is a Cali boy. The possibility of going "home" to San Diego (and coaching Phil Rivers) is going to be tough to beat.

4.) I've held a candle out for Tony Dungy for awhile now, but I just get the feeling he is pretty happy in the studio. Get the same feeling from Jimmy Johnson.

5.) Brian Billick remains a possibility but, then, it has been about 8 years since he has coached anywhere in any capacity. Is the fire still burning strong or is it more like a pilot light???

As ya'll can see the list shrinks as we speak.

Sigh...lots of questions and not a lot of answers at this point.

WHAT SAY YE?
    THOLTFAN81 and RockinRam like this.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

How do we get a Gruden, Fisher or any other experienced headcoach? $$$$$$$$$ We need to spend some $$$$$$$. I don't want another Coordinator taking over our team. We tried it twice and 3 strikes you're out!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He's not bad, but to me its the same stuff as Spags. Rob has no idea how to run an NFL offense, and well thats the big part of our team that needs help. I do like Ryan's passion and the fact that players will play for him though. But other than that, hes Spags 2.0.
    I agree he might no how to run an offense, and of course neither does spags, but when you hire an offensive coordinator and dont let him hire any personal at all and over rule him and try and control the offense at times, thats on spags. i believe you should give your OC free reign. dont hold them back like spags and co. have done. Mcd is working with himself, and couldnt bring in anyone. thats on management.

I Ryan gives Mcd full power over the offense and is allowed to bring in his own guys and a qb coach and doest get overruled like spags does, im all for it. Ryan has passion, spags is nice and i like him, but he doesnt hold anyone accountable, he shows now emotion.

what would you rather have, an HC with emotion or no emotion? to me the answer is easy, i want the guy with emotion, wether it be praise, anger, frustration, accountability, etc.
    THOLTFAN81 and RockinRam like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Part of the problem is that we don't think BIG. We always are willing to settle for 2nd best. It's a losers' mentality that drives me nuts. We automatically assume no "name guys" would come to St. Louis. Why not?? This team, despite the piss poor record, has some pieces in place- including a possible franchise QB- to be successful sooner rather than later. Stan Kroenke is a billionaire who owns several other sports franchises. Why wouldn't he spend money trying to lure a big name to the dome? Who's to say people wouldn't seriously listen? This isn't Saskatchewan, for chrissakes, it's St. Louis- a good sports town.

I have reservations about Rob Ryan. Beneath all the wild hair and the bluster, how good is he? Dallas isn't exactly a phenomenal defensive team. And we've been the coordinator route twice with disastrous results.

Time to think big, Stan.
    Tampa_Ram and RockinRam like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Can we stop with the new coaching threads already? We already have over 10 of those and only one needs to be kept and discussed there continually. I would rather have Jeff Fisher at this point since he runs a 4-3 and has a solid resume on his plate.

Rex didn't know how to run an NFL offense either. They may be arrogant and cocky, but the Ryan family just wins.

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Rex didn't know how to run an NFL offense either. They may be arrogant and cocky, but the Ryan family just wins.
    And thats why Rex's offense is straight horrible and their team doesn't have a ring.
    TekeRam and Agrajag like this.

And thats why Rex's offense is straight horrible and their team doesn't have a ring.
    I'll tell you what, Ill take back to back Championship games over top 5 picks every year.

Call me crazy.
    Torry Holt likes this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I would like an offensive minded head coach. K thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I'll tell you what, Ill take back to back Championship games over top 5 picks every year.

Call me crazy.
    And I knew you were going to say this...Did I say I wouldn't? No. Its just foolish for you to post something like that. But just because Rex Ryan has made it to 2 AFC championship games back to back doesn't mean anything. Go look at his hand, check if hes got a ring. And oh yeah, where's his team this year? Struggling to get to the post season. Right..
    Agrajag likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast