RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

My end-of-season thoughts

Today is the last day of 2006, the last time we will be able to watch our Rams play until next August. Seven months of drudgery, occasionally broken up by things like the Pro Bowl, Draft, free agency, and speculation.

To explain it in a different way, imagine this, if you will:

You LOVE chocolate shakes from McDonald's. (I know, it's a stretch, but bear with me, please.) Since the manager at Mickey D's knows you love chocolate shakes, and since you have been such a good, loyal customer, he gives you a card that entitles you to unlimited free chocolate shakes any time you want one. You could go get one 10 times a day if you wished.

For a while, you go every day. Soon, just a couple of times a week. Then, you only go to get that free shake once a week. They are free, so it's not as big of a deal as it once was, but you still enjoy it.

One day, you walk in, and the manager tells you that McDonald's has taken chocolate shakes off the menu, and it will be seven months before there will be any more served.

When you hear those words, you begin to panic. You can't live without those chocolate shakes. How will you survive? You'll try to find substitutes. You'll go to Burger King, or Wendy's, or Baskin-Robbins, but it's not the same.

Then, the day comes, and the shakes are back. It's still a Mickey D's chocolate shake, but the ingredients are a bit different. Soon, you find you are as hooked on them as you were the year before.

I want my chocolate shake! (Rams Football!)

This year, to change Charles Dicken's words, it was the best of teams, it was the worst of teams.

Why am I posting my not-quite-awake-yet thoughts? One reason - we did not have a team that was playoff caliber this year. We do have a team that is as good as the NFC West champions. We, if we win today, will have a firm hold on second place. We will have, once again, established ourselves above the whiners and Cards.

And, we have only one team in our way.

This year is over. Next season belongs to the Rams. Bank on it.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: My end-of-season thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I hate McDonald's but I agree with this statement.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post

Don't jinx next season already!!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Don't jinx next season already!!!!!
    Any statements like this made before midnight tonight are negated by the dropping of the ball in Times Square, thereby making this a non-jinx...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

This jinxing crap is so lame. I'm sure for every win in sports there are thousand of fans guaranteeing just that.

If superstitions made football teams lose, everyone would just guarantee their opponents would win leading to a perfect 16-0 season.