STLRAMSFAN Guest

My Evaluation of the offense

In evaluating the offense I don't see any areas where I think we worse then last year. In fact I see many areas we may improve at.

Starters in Blue

Wide Receivers (Grade A) Better
    Curtis and McDonald got some starts under their belt and with Bruce healthy the group should be better then last year.
    Holt McDonald /Looker
    Bruce Curtis

Running Backs (Grade B) Same
    Fisher is a good addition as a backup, Jackson needs to backup his talk, Faulk would be second if healthy and decides to play
    Jackson Fisher Faulk

Full Back (Grade B) Slightly Better
    Good young lead blocker with a full year under his belt. Should only get better.
    Hedgecock

TE (Grade B) Better
    Getting rid of Manu was rather pleasing. These two young TE’s both have the talent to make it at the Pro level. Now lets hope they can convert the talent on the field. These two have the potential to be a big upgrade over Manu.
    Klopfenstein Byrd

OT (Grade A) Better
    They improved the backup situation with the signing of Steussie. Barron should only be better after a year of starting and his off season conditioning.
    Pace Steussie
    Barron

OG/C (Grade C+) Slightly Better
    Age is catching up with this group. I would like to see Incognito and one other young guy step up and based on their performance be the starters by the end of the season. Incognito and Steussie will help and hopefully Terrell can build on last year.
    Incognito Steussie Setterstrom
    McCollum Palmer
    Timmerman Terrell Saipaia

QB (Grade A) Better
    Bulger being healthy and the addition of Frerotte as the backup will help improve the play at this position.
    Bulger Frerotte
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -06-23-2006 at 07:55 PM.

bubbaramfan Guest

Re: My Evaluation of the offense

Another good assesment RFAN. You gave OG lowest grade. From last years performance they deserve it. B Sapapia got mauled. don;t ask this guy to open holes for Jackson. C Terrell, while showing that he can play, too often he got gassed and had to come out after a few plays. That ain;t gonna cut it. He has to get into 4 qtr shape. I love what the Doughnut bros have been to the Rams, but thier time is almost over. What great players, Smart, dedicated, and true team players. Kudo's to Timm and Mc C. Rams scored big in draft with Palmer and Stett. Both these guys were instrumental in the success of thier respective colleges. Palmer started from tru Freshman to senoir, 4 yrs starting every game he played til he graduated. You know who the last lineman drafted to do that was? NCAAIA- Anthony Munoz. Guy played against Big Ten compition. I believe Palmer is going to be the key to OL after mid-season. Last year OG was a liablity. Hopefully, this year it will be an asset.

bigredman Guest

OK Dez...I deserved that. Now on to my comment...

How in the world can you evaluate an offense you have NEVER SEEN? Come on....I know you're eager, as I am, but holy smokes, let's wait until the preseason at least. (and actually, a more realistic timeline would be 4 games into the regular season)

theodus69 Guest

I think his evaluation is good , but remember, It's all on paper right now. We always look good on paper!

bigredman Guest

As I mentioned in the evaluation of the defense (No Dez, I won't leave it at that), this is an on paper analysis for conversation sake, as he has pointed out to me in another thread. I guess my beef was with the framing of the issue, which only mattered to my anal retentive mind.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I agree, i think the biggest problem is the interior OL at the moment, but OL is such a strange position. One of the late draft picks could easily emerge as a starter. Its so random sometimes. I agree with the evaluation as it stands on paper, but it could all change once they start playing.

One thing i have to add, is that the overall QB play will be better this year due to the change in coaching staff. Allowing Bulger the ability to audible is a huge step in cutting down his interception numbers and keeping the offense on the field. The RB position is also likely to be improved with the change to a more balanced attack.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

One thing that will help this offense tremendously is not jumping the gun on the snap count. The O line killed drives last year by putting the Rams somewhere like 3rd and 8 when they were 3rd and 3 just by false starts.

RamsFan16 Guest

I really like the Evaluation of the Offense. But I see Curtis starting over Bruce due to Bruce is aging and Curtis is in what I would call his Prime right now, he is ready to put up big numbers and is arguably the fastest WR on our Team and one of the Fastest in the NFL, has good hands and runs really good routes. Bruce is slower and is losing his route running ability IMO. Just my opinion.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I really like the Evaluation of the Offense. But I see Curtis starting over Bruce due to Bruce is aging and Curtis is in what I would call his Prime right now, he is ready to put up big numbers and is arguably the fastest WR on our Team and one of the Fastest in the NFL, has good hands and runs really good routes. Bruce is slower and is losing his route running ability IMO. Just my opinion.
    ohh, that's where you lose me, XVI. Bruce has lost a step, one would be hard-pressed to not admit this........however, the one thing that Bruce still has over EVERY, that is to say E-V-E-R-Y other receiver in the league is his ability to run crisp, precise, on the dime, routes.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

From TX:
    One thing that will help this offense tremendously is not jumping the gun on the snap count. The O line killed drives last year by putting the Rams somewhere like 3rd and 8 when they were 3rd and 3 just by false starts.
    Very good point TX. I think the O line will be much improved at least to start the season. With the Dough nut bros healthy, Pace in for another full camp, Barron's full season under his belt, and the emergence of Incognito, things look good.
    Of course this all depends on how fast they pick up the new O scheme.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

tanus is offline Registered User

I don't see how having two rookie tight ends is an improvement. Do they have more potential than Manu? Yes, but they have yet to play a game in the NFL. To already say they are better is simply ridiculous especially since we all know just how much of a crap shoot the NFL draft really is these days.

To be fair, you should really have the grade for TE's be a N/A since you have no data to compare the current TEs to last year's TEs.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

ohh, that's where you lose me, XVI. Bruce has lost a step, one would be hard-pressed to not admit this........however, the one thing that Bruce still has over EVERY, that is to say E-V-E-R-Y other receiver in the league is his ability to run crisp, precise, on the dime, routes.
    A great point, TX. I would have repped you, but it said I had to spread some around first.
    One spot that I see that will be a major upgrade, is Incognito at C. I think he will be a major key to our revamped rushing attack and Barron has a lot of game experience now as well.

vegasramfan Guest

They made some good moves in the off season but it always comes down to conditioning and reoccurring injuries. They cannot afford to lose Bulger again due shotty offensive line play. I am really looking forward to see how everyone plays in Scott's offense. But the bottom line is this....injuries seem to kill us every year and there are no adequate backups.

theodus69 Guest

Well, I petty much feel this year will be a lot of TRIAL, and quite a bit of error, but hey what do I know, it could be a recipe for a DINESTY!