Like Tree16Likes
  • 11 Post By Varg6
  • 1 Post By Barry Waller
  • 1 Post By citr92
  • 1 Post By Fargo Ram Fan
  • 2 Post By thoey

Thread: My experience with Kurt Warner...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

My experience with Kurt Warner...

Hey guys, so I told you guys about a week ago that I'd give you more details on what I meant by saying that I hung out with Kurt Warner...

I was invited to a flag football tournament out in Arizona. A bunch of NFL guys come out for the event (it's sponsored by Kurt Warner at the Arizona Cardinals' training facility; they had guys like Michael Irvin, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Steve Young, Brock Osweiler, and more) and, essentially, play QB for the teams. There were about six or eight teams, I'm not exactly sure how many, but all of them were basically sports supplement companies. I was lucky enough to be a part of one of my good friend's team. We wound up getting Andy Dalton for our QB. He's a very nice guy, laid back, down to Earth. I, of course, asked him about Sam Bradford. He said, like most people say, that he thinks he's pretty good and they just need to get him some weapons. Fair enough.

I briefly met with Kurt Warner, and I told him what a huge fan I am of him and the Rams. He said something to the effect of "oh that's pretty cool man." He wasn't necessarily thrilled or anything, but I also know he was trying to run an event and was pretty overwhelmed.

And let me tell you something about Kurt. Really nice guy off the field. But on the field, (or with any competitive thing he does, for that matter) he's always trying to win. No matter what it is, he'll get mad if he's not winning! But that's not really a bad thing. He's fiery and passionate. It's a good thing.

I'd say out of all the guys there, Irvin was probably the most outgoing and friendly. Everyone there was pretty cool though and it was a great experience. Caught a few TDs from Andy (wished it was from Kurt or, maybe next year, Sammy) so I felt good about that!

Here's a pic of me and Kurt.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Re: My experience with Kurt Warner...

Pretty awesome. I will just say this about Kurt Warner, and it's the same thing I've been saying since I got to know him covering the Rams. He's the best PERSON I have ever known personally in my 62 years on the planet. I also love Brenda, and follow them religiously (no pun intended) on twitter.

As an athlete, Kurt is t he most underrated and underappreciated ever.
    He is a miracle, pure and simple, the real deal.

I told Kurt when he wrote his first book that he was way too early, that his story had a lot more chapters, on and off the football field, and I reminded him of that a couple years ago.

How great is it that he is now on NFL Network, Dancing With the Stars, and soon his own show where he helps others achieve their dream jobs. How perfect a fit is that, so KUDOS to whoever came up with the idea.

We get to see Kurt practically every day on TV, knowing he's the same great person he always has been and always will be. Here is an IDOL, that abolutely deserves and returns every bit of love he gets.

Kurt thanks God for all he has achieved, and I thank God for sending Kurt Warner to us when it was darkest.
    We will never see his like again, and he is perhaps the only player I would travel to see inducted into the Hall of Fame.

When that happens, I hope Clan Ram will be very well represented to celebrate the greatest person ever to don the horns, with atip of the cap to men like Merlin Olsen and Jim Everett.
    live4ramin likes this.
    Barry Waller

Varg6 is offline Registered User

My experience with Kurt Warner...

He is a truly charitable man. His new show, which we got to see a preview of, actually looks pretty good too.

If anybody has any questions about the event, let me know!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

citr92 is offline Registered User

totally awesome!
    Warner's my FAVORITE quarterback ever
    helps that he did what he did winning the super bowl when i was six years old
    definitely the most underrated, but he's the best in my opinion
    even better is what he's done off the field, smart guy, good guy
    I enjoy watching him on the nfl network, one of the only guys besides marshal faulk that I can stand lol
    Varg6 likes this.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

He and Faulk will always be the greatest Rams, for me. Not only about the amazing, HOF level of play...but both are men of great intelligence and character! We were lucky to enjoy them.

Thank you for sharing your experience and the photo.
    Varg6 likes this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Great story! I'm jealous!

RealRam is offline Registered User

OUTSTANDING!

What a memorable moment. Kudos V6.

thoey is offline Registered User
    I got a chance to meet Kurt at a National Prayer Breakfast the year he was going from the Rams to NY. First, I must say that he is a very motivational speaker. You felt like he was talking to you personally and that he knew that you could do anything you set your mind to.

They announced that due to the large showing, no autographs would be available, but we got to meet and greet Kurt and have a picture taken with him. I pulled on my Warner jersey and got in line. I asked the lady in front of me if she wanted me to swap cameras and take each others pictures and she agreed. It got to her turn and I got a couple good pictures of them together.

When it was my turn, as I walked up, Kurt said "hey, I have a jersey like that at home." Very easy going. We talked for a couple minutes, me saying I was sad to see him go, and him saying he was sad about it too, but it might be the best for all involved. Man he was taller than I expected.

I said my goodbyes and wished him well. Got my camera back and both pictures she took caught me in mid sentence with my mouth open looking like an awestruck idiot. Maybe I was...
    RealRam and gap like this.
    This space for rent...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Undoubtedly KW is one of the classiest players to honor the Rams uniform; and oh, yes, to bring us a SB!

Glad to see we have Clan people with a personal contact with the great Warner.