sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

My experience at the scrimmage today

Well guys it was a hot one out there today but I loved every minute of it.

Ill start by saying I got there about a hour early and got one of the best seats imo 50 yard line towards the top I had my choice of almost any seat showing up that early. I will run through some of the things I noticed. There are already list of the play by play so I will go over the basics and if I miss something just ask and I will see if I can remember.

Sam looked decent he did a lot of underneath throws and the long ball wasn't quite there yet. You can tell him from the other quarterbacks just because of his footwork he has great movement.

MSW received a round of applause when he was introduced. He made a great over the shoulder catch.

Al harris dropped a catchable Int but seemed to do very good today I like this pickup I dont care how old he is he still looks good.

Donnie Jones looked great as usual when punting I love how far they go.

To me Norwood looked better than Cadillac today. It just feels right having Norwood at backup (I think its the dread locks lol )
    It was Pettis, Amendola, and Gibson most of the time on the first team with some rotation in there.

The d line i tell you will be down right ruthless this year. Feeley was about to be sacked by two of our lineman at once then fred robbins jumps and knocks the ball down.

ANYONE that is counting Bajema out of this team might want to rethink that. He looked pretty good out there today made a great catch.

Thaddeus Lewis fumbled the ball the first time he touched it and then on the very next play he threw a interception to Jabara Williams.

After the game they signed autographs I tried to get Jame Laurs first but he completely snubbed me. There weren't a whole lot of people around him and my hat was right by his hand he just completely ignored me when i said anything I know he had to of heard me. Robert Quinn seemed like a very good guy when I got his auto seemed very humble. I also got Long's auto he was pretty nice also. I had to fight to get Sam's auto I was being pushed against the fence and having to fight people off. Sam skipped my hat a few times but eventually signed it so I was lucky I guess. I can see why he would ignore some people there were so many around him. Pretty sweet I got long, quinn, and bradford on the same hat. And my cousin was there wearing my Jackson jersey so he went and had Jackson sign the numbers so I guess I had a pretty good day lol.

It was a hot one so if I am sure I forgot to mention some things any questions just ask. I just got in so I am sure I will have more to add I have a few pictures that I need to upload as well. Man it was great seeing the Rams in "action". I wish I would of gotten the chance to see Avery, Salas, and Alexander. For some reason Clayton was not on the field either.....

Edit: Read one of the other topics and it gave me a refresher.

Gilyard did catch a pretty nice pass but was quite pretty much the rest of the day. But I would not blame that on him as much as I would say feeley had a hard time getting the ball out.

Guys I am scared about feeley we might need to look into a new backup. He would of been sacked about 100 times today had just threw the ball all over the place missing throws.

The redzone we went 4 for 5. Well I will tell you this it would of been 5 of 5 in a real game. Amendola just about made the catch to make it a perfect 5 for 5 but I think he let off a little bit but if it was a real game I think he makes that catch. It was something similiar to the amazing catch he made last year you all know the one.

The defense is REALLY good against this offense. I believe that could be of design. I just think Spags has mcdaniels number.......

The stadium had both sides of the sideline seats full and a lot of the end zone seats full for about a hour. So it was a decent turn out for as hot as it was. A lot of people left after that hour and I do not blame them had I not drove two and a half hours I would of left to.

I also go jermelle cudjo's auto and eugene sims they both walked up and signed without me having to fight for it.

I hope we see a little different offense on saturday. We tried new things but they have not got them down quite yet. But the old pass it amendola underneath still seems to work just fine so that will be a crutch for Sam for now.

Gibson did make a nice "catch" in the endzone it would of had to been reviewed though but if he made it it would be been pretty nice.

Our DB's were all over our receivers today. Al Harris was a huge stand out in my mind. Fletcher and King did make some nice plays too

I loved what I seen out of Robert Quinn. He will be in beast mode by the middle of the season watch for it.

Ask if I left something out I am sure I did.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -08-07-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Tampa_Ram is online now Registered User

Re: My experience at the scrimmage today

very nice read man. nice to get view from a fan standpoint and not columnist view.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    For some reason Clayton was not on the field either.....
    I don't believe Clayton has been resigned.

Pretty sweet I got long, quinn, and bradford on the same hat. And my cousin was there wearing my Jackson jersey so he went and had Jackson sign the numbers so I guess I had a pretty good day lol.
    Understatement of the year?

Glad you had a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    very nice read man. nice to get view from a fan standpoint and not columnist view.
    Thanks for reading I didn't figure many people would read the whole thing but I thought I would share what I could gather from it

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't believe Clayton has been resigned.

Understatement of the year?

Glad you had a good time!
    Thanks alot I was glad I went, it was worth the drive.

I think we might need clayton now after today. MSW played alot on the second team which surprised me. I hope he can build a rapport with Sam like Clayton did. I believe they are using clayton as plan b.

Here are a couple pics. I took quite a few but most are out of focus or not at the right time. My phone had a complete glare on the screen so I could not see what I was shooting.

it uploaded them wierd but Eugene sims 92 and Jermelle Cudjo 93 in first pic, Jackson obviously in the second, Quinn lined up on the right end spot 94, and there is Long in his 91 jersey, and on the last pic Sam is on the left quinn in the middle and long signed the left spot

I hope you guys get to go some time it is good experience might of been better at night though because of the heat.

My experience at the scrimmage today-eugene-sims-jemelle-cudjo-93-2-.jpgMy experience at the scrimmage today-jackson39-2-.jpgMy experience at the scrimmage today-quinn-bradford-2-.jpgMy experience at the scrimmage today-long-number-91-2-.jpgMy experience at the scrimmage today-bradford-long-quinn-2-.jpg

Edit: Wow did not know the pics were that small I am having trouble resizing them so I guess i will have to fix them tomorrow.
    Last edited by sjacksonrules; -08-07-2011 at 11:34 PM.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Glad to hear you had a good time, thanks for the write up.

robot is offline Registered User

Any reasons why the offensive line got destroyed today? Is it lack of preparation, time, defensive line being really good, just a scrimmage, etc?

Also, I've seen Bradford making some underneath throws during the scrimmage on youtube. He was also holding on to the ball a little bit longer than usual. Last year, he was doing fine throwing the ball. I hope he isn't regressing in accuracy. That seems to be his best attribute last year.
    Last edited by robot; -08-08-2011 at 12:33 AM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Love the first hand reports. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    Any reasons why the offensive line got destroyed today? Is it lack of preparation, time, defensive line being really good, just a scrimmage, etc?

Also, I've seen Bradford making some underneath throws during the scrimmage on youtube. He was also holding on to the ball a little bit longer than usual. Last year, he was doing fine throwing the ball. I hope he isn't regressing in accuracy. That seems to be his best attribute last year.
    It is a combo of the d line being good and the o line not having enough cohesion yet. I think the o line will come around after a few pre season games. Have to remember this was a scrimmage and they barely have been practicing a week. What I think your seeing is the effects of the lockout.

Accuracy is not the problem at all. I am almost positive Sam could hit a dime with the nose of the football. He is definitely still accurate. There were some dropped balls or his completion percentage would of been higher. One thing I did notice he did stare down his receiver a lot but he did that last year early and improved so I think it is just him getting into the swing of things. He is learning a new system so we need to give him some time. I believe by the season opener he should be were he needs to be. If not it will be soon afterwords because I can tell ya right now from what I seen yesterday that the guy can still throw the ball with pretty good accuracy. Also the underneath throws that he was doing were because the corners were covering the receivers like glue. Amendola was open a lot so he just dumped it off to him after one or two reads.

Thanks for all the responses guys I am glad you guys enjoyed the read.

heff is offline Registered User

After the game they signed autographs I tried to get Jame Laurs first but he completely snubbed me. There weren't a whole lot of people around him and my hat was right by his hand he just completely ignored me when i said anything I know he had to of heard me.
    Probably cause you're a grown-@ man, and not a 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by heff View Post
    Probably cause you're a grown-@ man, and not a 12 year old.
    No I am not 12 but I do have a 2 year old daughter. As soon as she is old enough to want them she will have them. she is 2 years old and she is already saying go rams. Get all the facts before you say stuff like that to me. I am only 23 years old myself. None of the other players had a problem signing.....

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Dont worry, Heff just seems like a Hater ... Gonna make sure when i have kids, they are Rams Fans too

Enjoyed the write-up, I envy you guys alot, getting to see that up-close and get Auto's. Nice to Hear Bradford looking crisp, bit worried and Feeley and Lewis though, they don't seem to be fairing so well.

Got my 2nd trip to the U.S next year Aug / Sept ish'. Not sure i can make it that far inland though, mainly staying in Cali area. But reading this reports from Practices and Scrims, Maybe i can persuade the Mr's to make a 1000 mile detour lol.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Well SJrules I hate you and I'm so jealous! lol But I am glad you had fun man!! One of these days Ill be able to join you up there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    Dont worry, Heff just seems like a Hater ... Gonna make sure when i have kids, they are Rams Fans too

Enjoyed the write-up, I envy you guys alot, getting to see that up-close and get Auto's. Nice to Hear Bradford looking crisp, bit worried and Feeley and Lewis though, they don't seem to be fairing so well.

Got my 2nd trip to the U.S next year Aug / Sept ish'. Not sure i can make it that far inland though, mainly staying in Cali area. But reading this reports from Practices and Scrims, Maybe i can persuade the Mr's to make a 1000 mile detour lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Well SJrules I hate you and I'm so jealous! lol But I am glad you had fun man!! One of these days Ill be able to join you up there.....
    Its worth a trip just to get up close to them and get autos. Had a small chat with Quinn and I felt like he was a very nice/humble guy from what I can tell. Long is the same way.

The next autos I get from Sam or any of the others im going to donate to the site in a raffle.