Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My fanaticism has reached its limit

I've had it.

In the past, I have enjoyed following the Rams during the offseason. But something has changed.

Maybe its the increase in media sources that has occurred in the internet age. Maybe its just a case of of "enough is enough."

But, I am no longer interested in reading about, hearing or discussing what is going on with the Rams at this time of year unless the news involves one of the following three things:

1. A long term injury that will (not might, will) impact a player's ability to play in the regular season (i.e. a torn ACL).
    2. A significant free agent signing or release (I don't care if the Rams release a 4th string OG or sign an undrafted FA that nobody's ever heard of).
    3. A trade.

Everything else - I JUST DON'T CARE.

I don't care how well anyone is perceived to be doing - either physically or in terms of their play - in June or July.

I don't care who is where on the depth chart at this time of year.

I don't care how other players on other teams (i.e. Jammal Brown) are perceived to be playing at this time of the year.

I don't care if Mike Martz changes every jersey number on the team.

I don't care how intense the practices appear in minicamp.

I JUST DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those that do care, more power to you. If you get enjoyment out of every morsel of "information" that is published on the web, great. If you find every misicule detail to be interesting, wonderful. If you wait with great anticipation for each quote by a player or coach at this time of the year, super.

You're a bigger fan than I am.

My fanaticism has reached its limit. I'm interested in how the Rams will do once the season starts. I'll always be interested in that.

But this daily search for some meaningful factoid in a sea of banality...

No thanks.

You can have it.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: My fanaticism has reached its limit

Point well taken, Avenger.

I hear you loud and clear. This offseason period of reporter's gossip and idle information, be it on internet, paper or TV media, is tiring.

One of several examples, "Alex Barron's so called struggles" at minicamp. To which I responded,

To me, this is just a reporter's way to have material to do his job, something to write about in the off-season ... even if not necessarily true nor important. --RealRam
    It's good to relax and take a break from all this Rams nonsensical chit chat that is reported so lightly, i.e., without a true moral to the story or real substance to the article. In essence, irrelevant!

Like waitresses coming over once too many times to one's table to ask, "is everything alright?" :bored:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Re: My fanaticism has reached its limit

Ya we've just gotten so deluged nowadays with eveyone reaching for the most minute tidbits that its become such a waste of time.Now when the real news pops up we cant get enough,then we have the big let down waiting for the next big thing to top the last.It gets plain old :bored: .Cant stop though.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

general counsel Guest

Tough week at the office AV?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

How can you not care Avenger? I don't believe it.

Perhaps you are searching too hard in the sea of banality... sometimes it is best to not search. News will come at the right time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm still trying to figure out how these offensive articles that pushed Av over the edge found their way into Wade Country??? Is there even still a Wade Country? This is all very confusing.

RealRam is offline Registered User

On the other hand ... think of how nice it is to come to ClanRam, among fellow fans, even if only to say, "I'm tired of all this offseason silliness" from the media.

And then taking it from there. We even have a Word Association game going.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I Find This Site To Be Very Entertaining And In Some Respects Very Informative,i Do Agree That We Dont Need To Know Everytime Barron Is Offsides Or Misses A Block In June, Would You Rather Watch Another Stupid Reality Show On Tv Or You Could Do What I Do, Watch Angie Harmon On Law And Order 3-4 Times A Night.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I couldn't disagree more. I thrive on hearing every little tidbit about the Rams during the offseason. I want to hear how players are doing. I want to hear about Isaac Bruce's health. I want to hear who the Rams are interested in acquiring to make the team better. I want to hear about how the young players like Anthony Hargrove and Jimmy Kennedy are performing.

This is what keeps me sane in the offseason.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Whoa, Nellie!

I work a couple of days, and come back to this? What in the world happened? What did I miss?

Seriously, though, this is why I have been sticking to the non-football related threads as of late. I really don't care too much what color Barron's poopies are either. Perhaps a second round of the Tidbit Game is in order?

(Oh, and AV, here are some of MOM's famous oatmeal cookies. Take a deep breath, and whatever is wrong will be OK. Recipe: 1 part Jagermeister, 1 part Hot Damn, 1 part Buttershots, 1 part Bailey's. Shake it over ice, strain into an ice cold glass, and enjoy. Tastes like an oatmeal cookie. If you'd like, I can give you an alcoholic recipe that tastes like an old fashioned PBJ)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I couldn't disagree more. I thrive on hearing every little tidbit about the Rams during the offseason. I want to hear how players are doing. I want to hear about Isaac Bruce's health. I want to hear who the Rams are interested in acquiring to make the team better. I want to hear about how the young players like Anthony Hargrove and Jimmy Kennedy are performing.

This is what keeps me sane in the offseason.
    Agreed. I'm in your boat, Zig.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

This just in:

Marc Bulger had a bad hangnail on the index finger of his right hand.

Martz was so disgusted by the sight of it, that he demanded Marc go get a manicure.

Just so happens the manicurist was an extremely sexy woman.

Perhaps you'd be interested in seeing a picture of her?

On second thought, you probably don't care....LOL

:redface:

general counsel Guest

AV will be fine guys, for some reason, he is not feeling the love from all of us these days. I think he needs a Big Hug.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I, for one, think there is no such thing as too much information. I want to know everything with regards to the Rams, even...
    Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    what color Barron's poopies are
    ...blood in the stool can be a bad thing, momma :tongue: Yes, there's a lot nonsense to sort through, but I think that is a product of asinine conclusions (read: wild-hair opinions) from "reporters". If you sift out the opinions and just look for whatever facts may present themselves, there are tidbits that will get you through the offseason. That's what I do, but that's just me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    If you'd like, I can give you an alcoholic recipe that tastes like an old fashioned PBJ)

Would that be grape or strawberry jelly? Hmm... Drink your lunch. Sure, Mom, bring it...
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast