Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

my favorite thing about coach Linehan is....

with there still not being much news i decided to start this thread, so everyone list your favorite thing about him.

My favorite thing about Scott Linehan is that he was smart enough to hand over the play calling duties, and focus on all 3 aspects of the team.

Built RAM tough

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: my favorite thing about coach Linehan is....

His dreamy eyes...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

His receding hair line.

Keenum is offline Registered User

lol, this could get out of hand quick
    I'll agree with you, him being able to pass the play-calling to somebody who was better at it, and it worked.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

He has no ego and does not create drama around the team. He has done a good job of getting good players and not over spending. He was involved in getting Little, Bruce, Bulger, and Pisa resigned. He was also involved in getting Witherspoon (Rams best MLB since Fletcher), Mc Michael (TE we lacked), Bennett (red zone target), J.Hall (proven DE opposite little), D.Hall (good return man), Frerrote (best back up QB since Warner/Bulger). Linehan also helped find and develop two OL in Romberg and Setterstrom and a vet in Steussie (played good in Paces absence) they started and played well in their first year with the Rams. Shored up our DB's by bringing in Chavous and Brown and drafting Tye Hill who started and played well in his first year with even more upside for this year. Brought in Chris Draft a backup LB who had over a 100 tackles last year with Carolina. He also got Glover a veteran mentor for our DL. He hired Haslett a veteran coach who some new coaches would be afraid of hiring. He's not waiting around for development projects like Furrey at DB or waiting for people to reach their potential like Hargrove. I like the Carriker move he looks as though he will help our DL. I like the fact he turned play calling duties over to his OC.

I must say I am very satisfied with his player moves. I was satisfied with last years performance and hope that I am satisfied with his second year performance of coaching games with a team he is starting to mold in his image. I believe this could be a big year baring injuries.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -08-02-2007 at 10:54 PM.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I think I like how serious he is about football, it seems to be his number one focus. I don't mean the Rams, I don't mean the NFL, I just get a sense the dude digs football and I like that...and his "dreamy eyes"! ROTFLMAO!!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

....he is NOT Mike Martz.

Sorry, had to.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    His dreamy eyes...
    should have seen that coming fftopic:
    Built RAM tough

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I like the fact that he is willing to show players the door if they don't come in and give their all. He's letting everyone know it's his way or the highway but doing so in a way the players can respect. He doesn't have to storm around or fine people for walking in on time instead of early (achem, Coughlin) to make his point.

z.nrd Guest

IF special teams coach Roberts works out, my favorite thing about Linehan is that he makes great hires. It's too soon to tell on that yet though. Olson did work out---I think he's a great coordinator. Boudreau, a great OL coach, though of course that was known before he was hired. If Roberts works out, I'm sold.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He is a good judge of character. He pushed his ego aside and turned the defense over to a former HC. He went out and got one of the best personnel evaluators in the business. He jettisoned lockerroom problems, and found tough-minded hard workers like Carriker, Leonard, Hill, Setterstrom, etc.

IMO, he reads the inner man better than his predecessor.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Flaw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    ....he is NOT Mike Martz.

Sorry, had to.
    Booooooooooo

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

His patience during the free agency period. Everybody knows the issues we have with the D-line, but the stock of talented linemen just wasnt impressive enough to throw money at. He stuck to his guns and decided that the draft was the only way to go. Carriker is turning out to be a monster in camp and the other rookie linemen are competing so if this bunch proves to be legit in the regular season, then his patience at this point will reap the rewards.

anyone else got anything?
    Built RAM tough

Drew Guest

well i guess in some parts im repeating what has already been said but what i like about Coach Linehan is his sensibility and attention to detail in all aspects of the running of a football team...not just the QB and WR positions ...i wasn`t born when George Allen run the show but what i have read about him i see similarities in Linehan`s approach to the job...we all would have liked to have seen the D perhaps take a bigger stride to being a better D than in the last few years but the players just wasn`t there ...either they weren`t atall or where there but at breaking the bank prices...for next year he is settled for an average D with the potential to be better depending on how the rookies pan out and made a very good O into probably the top O in the world...we are play-off bound..i think in the end we may be a lil short of what we need to get to the big show but we are in with a shot...

thumps up Coach Linehan!:r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast