Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Game Day

RamWraith is offline Registered User

My Game Day

Thought I would let you know how the game day went for my family and me.

Headed up to the cities around 9:00 am, and it was raining like crazy. That's right raining in Minnesota in late December. We got there just about when gates opened and got front row parking. My family and I went right in and went down to field level. For the first time I have ever saw, very few Ram players came out to warm up. In past years many players would be out stretching and running, this year there was only a few. We stood behind the Rams bench and watched. Sitting on the bench were several of the Rams inactives, Butler, Turner and McCollum, whom I am guessing traveled to be by his buddy Timmerman as they hung out all game long from the National Anthem to the final snap. Stussie, Setterstom, Chavous and Goldberg all had lots of visiting to do pregame, as all have Minnesota connections. I saw Little, Glover and only a hand full of others warm up. Pisa was there as well running. Curtis and Looker spent their time playing a game along the sideline, which looks like this is something they do often. They would back up about 30 yards and toss the football into the kickers practice net. All along keeping score while one of the equipment boys would shag the ball for them. My daughter got a wrist band and game day program from one of the Ram PR guys as we watched warm-ups. She was pretty proud of that, as all game long she would keep referring to it to match up the numbers to the players, and of coarse kept wiping her brow from all the sweat.

Game time came, we settled in the best seats I have ever had in the Dome. We sat on the 45 yard-line 28 rows up. A great view!! There were lot of empty seats in the Dome and a lot of purple. But let me tell you this. There were so many Ram fans there it was almost crazy. I was so proud. Every person I saw it was a high five or a friendly gesture. You all would have been proud of the display. Here are some mental notes I made watching the game.

-There seems to be a lot of passion among the offense players. There was so much talking, hugging, high fiving and genuine love for one another. They seemed to be really having a good time. They all were communicating with one another during defensive stands and really seemed like a true group. I haven't seen that from this team in a long time. The line-men were like a true family.
    -Hill looks to everything as advertised. He, I believe is going to be a shut down corner one day. I watched him a lot and he was a blanket.
    -Kennedy had his best game as a pro. He blew up the middle on most every play. It was fun to watch as he bottled up most of the runs.
    -Holt should win an Oscar for his facemask ploy. He played it up; too bad the Refs didn't buy it.
    -Not sure what happened to Bruce and Holt early on as they both had the dropsy's.
    -Bartell has been lights out as of late. Watching him on the field was awesome. As of right now, he is our best defender. He was everywhere and made play after play. It is almost like the light just popped on.
    -Jackson in a beast. I take EVERYTHING I said about him back early in the season. He is another one whose light came on. I heard so many Viking fans make comments on how he was the best back in the NFL and how good he is. After almost every series he was the one talking to the line, patting people on the back and smiling keeping everyone up beat. I believe he has also become the leader of this team.
    -The line had some issues at times but then at times totally dominated. Jackson's long run was a thing of beauty. Stussie and Setterstrom blew open the initial hole and Cogs came pulling from the right side and blew up the man that filled the gap, and Jackson did the rest. You should have seen the fans jaw drop after that run. The Dome emptied and the Viking fans went home shaking their heads as their NFL best run defense was put to rest. I believe this line is growing into something special, it will be fun to see what this line does when Pace comes back and Barron fixes his mental breakdowns.
    -It really looked to me the Rams were running a very vanilla offense. Nothing deep. No deep post or fly routes. Everything was straight up. It was an in your face type attitude. I think if they would have spread the field more we could have scored 80. The Vikings were stacking 8 or 9 in the box all the time trying to protect their precious #1 ranked run defense. I think the Rams had other ideas. This is why we saw what we did. Pay backs?
    -The Vikings have some serious problems. But all in all we played good ball. It was fun to see a blow out after so many poor games against the Vikings in their Dome.

These are just some of the things I saw during the game. With about 7 minutes to go I got a phone call that my oldest daughter who is 8 months pregnant was having some complications and was being admitted to ICU. We all rushed out of the Dome to about 2 inches of snow. The drive to hospital and then home was white knuckle ride as the rain turned to ice and then the snow made driving interesting. Got to love 4X4's in Minnesota.

I will post pics in the next couple of days when I get them up-loaded to my computer.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -01-01-2007 at 02:50 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: test

RW,did you and Linehan go over the gameplan before hand,because if so you called a hell of a game.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: My Game Day

You picked a good game to go to Wraith. Lots of scoring for us.

It is nice to hear the rival fans complimenting the Rams players. Steven Jackson is getting a lot of attention this year. I hear people talk about him quite a bit.

So what kind of game was Looker and Curtis playing on the sidelines? That sounds a little too relaxed for me, but it seems to be working for them. Looker actually got in the game for a few plays. I wish they would play him more. I think he is underutilized, but we have a lot of good receivers and he is too far down in the ranks to get playing time unless someone gets injured.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can re-read about the Looker/Curtis game it tells a little more about it.

Looker is really small. There is no way he is 6 foot. Curtis looked bigger than him.

Ahhh...so they were playing a game with the football. That makes more sense. I was picturing a little game of cards or checkers or something like that.

I have been close to Curtis when he was signing autographs before. He does not look that tall to me either. I saw Bruce in the parking lot in regular clothes after the Seattle game this year. He looks small and intense. We have some small receivers and that does not seem to be a problem.

I saw Bulger in the parking lot also. We almost ran into him actually. He looks much bigger than I expected and much better in street clothes than in his uniform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Great recap Waith, sounds like you and your daughter are building great memories to last her a lifetime.

Keep us posted on your oldest, I pray her and her baby are ok.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Hey Wraith...

Hope all is well with the daughter/baby.

Too bad you had to bail on Jackson's performance but there are, indeed, things more important than football.

RnD

Best Wishes for a Healthy and Prosperous New Year, Clannie!

Thanks for all the kind words about my daughter. For those of you that don't know. My oldest (23), is a foster daughter that we raised from 13. So technically I am not a true grandpa, just a guy with a lot of pride. But her and the baby were sent home yesterday on complete bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. She was taken into the hospital after an elevated heart rate (200+) that they were unable to get under control. They figured it was hormonal or the baby pressing on vessels or nerves. All in all they are fine.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

we could have killed their pass defense with the talent we have at WR and QB, especially with the Vikings having a depleted secondary. We could have scored loads. But i think Linehan wanted to go in with Jackson, and show that we have one of the best rushing attacks in the league right now. Also, i dont think he wanted to hear about the vikings being the best run defense of all time.

You have the number one rush defense in the league, a defense one game away from setting the record as the best rush defense of all time. You go into their home stadium, they stack the box, and you run all over them? How great do you feel after that?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    we could have killed their pass defense with the talent we have at WR and QB, especially with the Vikings having a depleted secondary. We could have scored loads. But i think Linehan wanted to go in with Jackson, and show that we have one of the best rushing attacks in the league right now. Also, i dont think he wanted to hear about the vikings being the best run defense of all time.

You have the number one rush defense in the league, a defense one game away from setting the record as the best rush defense of all time. You go into their home stadium, they stack the box, and you run all over them? How great do you feel after that?
    To me scoring 41 is loads...Don't know how many we need to score to make you happy!! lol..Linehan had a great game-plan and when Jackson is playing like he is,you simply must get the ball in his hands..:l

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

41 is loads, but we could have scored much more if we aired it out i feel. But it would have been more risky then what we did, which was more then enough in my eyes.

Maybe they were protecting Kurt's record. I find it interesting that they pulled Bulger out before he broke it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Maybe they were protecting Kurt's record. I find it interesting that they pulled Bulger out before he broke it.
    What record was that?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words about my daughter. For those of you that don't know. My oldest (23), is a foster daughter that we raised from 13. So technically I am not a true grandpa, just a guy with a lot of pride. But her and the baby were sent home yesterday on complete bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy. She was taken into the hospital after an elevated heart rate (200+) that they were unable to get under control. They figured it was hormonal or the baby pressing on vessels or nerves. All in all they are fine.
    Foster, Adoptive or Biological....once a parent always a parent. Congrats Grandpa.

Nice report on the game.

Thanks

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

RW, it matters not if she were your cousin or Aunt (both?), daughter or niece (see previous), sister, or family friend.

Football is only a game and a distraction to the stresses and troubles invading our everyday lives.

The life or health of a family member or friend, especially when a baby is involved should ALWAYS take precedence over a game.

Enjoy your "family" and may God Bless all with good health.

RnD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast