Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    seahawkfan8 is offline Registered User

Re: My gut feeling on the playoffs

hey curly two words, mcdonald fumbles
    Last edited by seahawkfan8; -11-09-2005 at 01:11 AM.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Well to look at this in reality, The Rams have to win the division if they are going to the playoffs. A wildcard is a bit slim. The nfc east is probably gonna feel that order or maybe Atlanta or Carolina being which the other wins the south. So to me it looks pretty grim right now. But it could happen!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, there are three wild card teams. Washington and Philadelphia are not going to make the playoffs. Say what you want about T.O., he did get double covered on every play. Now, you can cover up the WR's for the Eagles man on man. Washington? That's a tricky team. Could be a playoff team or not.

Carolina and Atlanta are going, but is Tampa under the direction of Chris Simms? Don't think so. That leaves the NFC North. Full stop on that one.

The Rams can get into the playoffs as a wildcard at 10-6. The question is, CAN they do it?

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Hey, there are three wild card teams.

The Rams can get into the playoffs as a wildcard at 10-6. The question is, CAN they do it?
    There are 6 playoff spots. 1 for each division; East, North, South, West and 2 wild-card teams.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, I'm still living in the 60's then I guess. Thanks hater. Anyway, that still gets the Rams into the playoffs.

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Hey, I'm still living in the 60's then I guess. Thanks hater. Anyway, that still gets the Rams into the playoffs.
    I agree that any team that goes 10-6 has a legitimate shot at a wild-card berth.

As of now, the Seahawks have to play .500 ball to get to that number and that included 2 games with the Niners [no game is automatic, but there are some exceptions].

For the Rams to get there, they need to go 6-2 while facing 4 teams with .500 records or better. The last game against the Cowboys could be very pivitol down the stretch.

general counsel is offline Registered User

10-6 gets in as a wild card. thus, i repeat where i started this thread. If we lose the seattle this weekend, it will come down to the last game of the year against dallas to get us past the cowboys and to 10-6 to get us in.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

coy bacon is offline Registered User

You asked for feedback, here it is. I don't think the Rams will win in Seattle. The Hawks are playing strong ball, the Rams are not. Having the starters back is no panacea for average, or below average play. They will have rust and be out of sync.

Holmgren will motivate his players well, perhaps by showing the film from the greatest comeback in NFL history - from last year. If that doesn't motivate the Hawks to finish the kill then nothing else will, except perhaps Ann Rules' threats of darkness upon the team, Chief Seattle's tears, or Bruce Lee rising from his grave and threatening to kick their collective butts.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

The Rams need to focus on getting to 10-6 and see where they stand. If they were to lose in Seattle, then they would have to go 6-1 over the last 7 games. That's not going to happen.

They can possibly win 6 of their last 8, but not if they lose the first one.

If they can somehow come out of Seattle with a win, they are back in the game. They would have a legitament shot at the division and a chance at a wild card birth since it would require beating most of the NFC east teams they play.

Unfortunately, this is all predicated by a win in Seattle. Otherwise it's just not realistic. Possible, but not realistic.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont think we focus on 10-6 or any other record. I think we focus on one game at a time and try to win every week.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsfan1975 is offline Registered User

eMB, thats what you guys said last year and if i remember we beat you twice at home...i see us beating you guys 2 of three times this year as well......yes i predict we play again in the playoffs

Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan1975
    eMB, thats what you guys said last year and if i remember we beat you twice at home...i see us beating you guys 2 of three times this year as well......yes i predict we play again in the playoffs
    and we beat you in your dome this year.....whats your point? if last years games had any influence on this years games, then thats one thing. but they dont, that was last year. and we beat you this year, but that still has no influence on our game on Sunday.

as a hawk fan though, i would like to say, that this statement is just plain dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by eMb
    You guys have 0 chance of beating SEA in Seattle. Seattle rarely loses at home.
    Last edited by Hawkfandyno; -11-10-2005 at 12:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123