Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My If/Then Lock of the Week!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My If/Then Lock of the Week!

IF Sam Bradford is able to play this week...

THEN the Rams will get their first win on Sunday against the Cowboys.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: My If/Then Lock of the Week!

Simply agreed. I have a new found belief in this team.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I like this statement alot and honestly i agree.I think we showed some improvement on offense against the packers even if we didnt score a TD.Brandon Lloyd will certainly make a difference and even if he doesnt get 100 yards or TD's he still demands attention and that should help the rest of the offense get open.GO RAMS!!!!

RockinRam is online now Registered User

I hope you are right, because I will be flaunting my Bradford jersey all around a campus filled with approximately 30,000+ Cowboys fans.

I think we win. Theres a few reasons.

1) Justin King doesn't need to see the field. Rod Hood will be ready for next week and Marquis Johnson is coming off PUP.

2) Our running game is solid. Jackson is averaging 5.4 YPC compared to his 3.8 of last year.

3) Bradford gets Clayton and Lloyd to play around with this week. Lloyd will be open a ton I believe with the solid running game and play action game we have.

4) Our defense held the best offense to 24 points. Im sure we can hold the Cowgirls "Best chokeartists in the NFL" to less points than that. I mean the worst defense in the league (Pats) held them to 13.

5) Felix Jones is out. Romo is the biggest choker and makes some of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen.

6) The only player I fear from the Cowgirls is Demarcus Ware. Other than that, they can all be shut down, including Jason Witten.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I hope so. Literally every one of my family members is a Cowgirls fan. If we win but one game this year, please let it be this one.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    I hope so. Literally every one of my family members is a Cowgirls fan. If we win but one game this year, please let it be this one.
    I hear ya on that one. My uncle is a girls fans and it was bittersweet one of the only wins we had one year were against the girls. We MUST win this game. Bragging rights in fett's and my family are at stake here lol.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Well the cork has been officially removed from the Kool-Aid! Nice going AV!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post

1) Justin King doesn't need to see the field. Rod Hood will be ready for next week and Marquis Johnson is coming off PUP.

2) Our running game is solid. Jackson is averaging 5.4 YPC compared to his 3.8 of last year.

3) Bradford gets Clayton and Lloyd to play around with this week. Lloyd will be open a ton I believe with the solid running game and play action game we have.

4) Our defense held the best offense to 24 points. Im sure we can hold the Cowgirls "Best chokeartists in the NFL" to less points than that. I mean the worst defense in the league (Pats) held them to 13.

5) Felix Jones is out. Romo is the biggest choker and makes some of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen.

6) The only player I fear from the Cowgirls is Demarcus Ware. Other than that, they can all be shut down, including Jason Witten.
    Are you serious? Miles Austin and Dez Bryant against our secondary? (smh) In Big D?!

I hope you're right, I really do.

GO RAMS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Are you serious? Miles Austin and Dez Bryant against our secondary? (smh) In Big D?!

I hope you're right, I really do.

GO RAMS!!!
    Here is how it works in our favour. Last week we held Jennings/Driver/Nelson/Jones down. Other than 2 big plays none of them really had an impact.

This week Rod Hood should be back, automatically our #1 CB. We also get Marquis Johnson off PUP. The Cowboys are slow on the outsides with Bryant and Austin. That leaves good matchups for Harris and Hood/Gordy.

The only fast WR that plays for them is Kevin Ogletree. With Hood coming back King can go back to slot. Sure he still isn't good but he is much better at slot.

We seem to only have problems with very speedy WR's. And the Cowboys virtually have no running game, especially with Felix Jones out. We can play the pass 85% of the time.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I will probably be chastized for saying this, but I think NOT having Bradford might give the Rams a better chance of winning against the Cowboys.

Bradford has not impressed me to date in his ability to run this offense. I said the same thing in the preseason. I thought Feeley ran it better. In any case, it can't be much worse. Maybe Feeley can throw a fad pattern into the endzone?

Also, with Feeley in, the Rams will probably be more inclined to run Jackson more, which I think is also a good thing. If Bradford is hurting, sit him and use Feeley. If our defense plays like it did in the second half against the Packers, and the Rams finally figure out how to stop shooting themselves in the foot in the redzone, they could beat the Cowboys.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -10-18-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Turtle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    IF Sam Bradford is able to play this week...

THEN the Rams will get their first win on Sunday against the Cowboys.
    Yep, I'm sure Dallas is shaking in their boots at the prospect of having to face the NFL's 30th highest rated QB... 3 TD's in only 6 games, with a 52% completion rate, Bradford is scary good!

The Cowboys' 7th ranked offense VS the Rams' 29th ranked defense...

The Rams' 25th ranked offense VS the Cowboys' 5th ranked defense...

Even on the road, how could the Rams not be favored in this game? They're a lock....

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Yep, I'm sure Dallas is shaking in their boots at the prospect of having to face the NFL's 30th highest rated QB... 3 TD's in only 6 games, with a 52% completion rate, Bradford is scary good!

The Cowboys' 7th ranked offense VS the Rams' 29th ranked defense...

The Rams' 25th ranked offense VS the Cowboys' 5th ranked defense...

Even on the road, how could the Rams not be favored in this game? They're a lock....
    That's why they play the game, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Well the cork has been officially removed from the Kool-Aid!
    Wait a second... what kind of Kool-Aid comes in a corked bottle?

Turtle Guest

So these 2 guys will take you from being the 29th ranked defense to being the reincarnation of the 85 Bears? Okay then, good luck with that...

Yes, but they're facing the #1 Rush defense in the NFL, 3.3 ypc, less than 70 ypg...

Lloyd will make a few amazing catches per year, other than that, he's mediocre... I wouldn't expect much from him, it will likely take time for him to find his niche in the offense... And again, they're facing the NFL's 5th ranked defense...

First, the Rams still lost by 21... And the Pats held Dallas to 16, not 13...

Second, using your logic, if the Packers 23rd ranked defense can hold the Rams to 3 points, then Dallas' 5th ranked defense should be able to shut them out easy...

Using your logic, the score should be something like 17-0 Dallas...

5) Felix Jones is out.
    Maybe you've got info that I don't, but I'm pretty sure Felix will play...
    Romo is the biggest choker and makes some of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen.
    As for Romo, he's got the 4th highest career QB rating of all time, and the Highest yards per attempt in nearly 50 years...

Since 2006, Romo has the highest 4th Quarter QB Rating in the NFL, and has led the Cowboys to 11 4th Quarter comeback wins...

Besides, Romo could throw 3 INT's and Dallas should still beat the Rams...

So the Rams' 29th ranked defense is gonna shutdown Witten, Austin, Bryant, Robinson, and Romo? Oh that's right, Hood's coming back, which solves all the Rams' defensive woes...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast