Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My If/Then Lock of the Week!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: My If/Then Lock of the Week!

@TurtleCome Sunday, we'll see who's the better team. Dallas has some legitimate talent, that's for sure. However, I do feel that we have the ability to compete and win this game.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-18-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Removing deleted post in quote

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

while it's all well and good that the Cowboys currently have the no.1 ranked rush defense, what top running games have they played against? They managed to stifle Frank Gore and the Niners, but everyone else they have played hardly has Adrian Peterson in the backfield.

The Packers have a top 5 rushing D, but Jackson had 96 yards with 5.3 yards per carry against them. That was the first time Jackson has been fully healthy this season since his very first carry of the year, a 47 yard TD against Philly.

In 2006, Steven Jackson and the Rams were going in to the last game of the season facing the Minnesota Vikings and the Williams Wall in the middle of their DL. They were such a good run D that year that they were on pace to be the best run defence of all time, based on an average yards given up per game. They still finished as the best run D in the league, but their hopes of going down in the record books as best all time were ruined when Steven Jackson gashed them for 142 yards and 3 TDs.

Before you accuse me of saying that this will happen again, I'm not. I'm just saying that these team stats are unrealiable, and just because the Cowboys managed to hold Benjarvus Green Ellis, Tim Hightower, Jahvid Best, Frank Gore and Shonn Greene to hardly any yards, doesn't mean they will do the same with Jackson. Or Adrian Peterson. Or Darren McFadden. Or Fred Jackson.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

"So these 2 guys will take you from being the 29th ranked defense to being the reincarnation of the 85 Bears? Okay then, good luck with that..."

No where did I say that, but yes go ahead and assume...its a good thing to do.

"Yes, but they're facing the #1 Rush defense in the NFL, 3.3 ypc, less than 70 ypg..."

Fair point, though the Packers rush defense is fifth in the NFL and we had no problems against them.

"Lloyd will make a few amazing catches per year, other than that, he's mediocre... I wouldn't expect much from him, it will likely take time for him to find his niche in the offense... And again, they're facing the NFL's 5th ranked defense..."

If you can prove this to me, I'd more than love to agree with you. Other than that, you have no point what so ever. Make a few catches? He out performed all of your WR's put together last year. And he actually won't have any learning curve because he played in this system last season.

"First, the Rams still lost by 21... And the Pats held Dallas to 16, not 13...

Second, using your logic, if the Packers 23rd ranked defense can hold the Rams to 3 points, then Dallas' 5th ranked defense should be able to shut them out easy...

Using your logic, the score should be something like 17-0 Dallas..."

Football isn't done by logic. They play the game for a reason.

"Maybe you've got info that I don't, but I'm pretty sure Felix will play... "

No actually he won't. His high ankle sprain will keep him out 2-4 weeks.

"As for Romo, he's got the 4th highest career QB rating of all time, and the Highest yards per attempt in nearly 50 years...

Since 2006, Romo has the highest 4th Quarter QB Rating in the NFL, and has led the Cowboys to 11 4th Quarter comeback wins...

Besides, Romo could throw 3 INT's and Dallas should still beat the Rams..."

How many playoff wins does he have again? Oh, right..

"So the Rams' 29th ranked defense is gonna shutdown Witten, Austin, Bryant, Robinson, and Romo? Oh that's right, Hood's coming back, which solves all the Rams' defensive woes..."

Yes, they are.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

The reality is the Rams just haven't done anything to show a straight thinking person they're ready to win against a BAD team, much less against a Dallas team on the road looking to avenge a tough, close road loss to New England. Our secondary is a HUGE concern against any team with viable receiving threats- which includes Dallas. We don't have one unit that is performing at a consistent, winning level. And the offense right now is a bad joke.

The prediction is nice- one we all hope proves true. But more than likely, this will be just another unsuccessful Sunday.

supachump is online now Registered User

Guys. Lloyd and the new corners don't suddenly make us winners. Sure, they have a chance, but they are still having issues. A few different people aren't going to solve problems. And with Bradford likely to be out, well. I think it makes it even less likely. At the very least, Bradford will have practically zero time working with Lloyd before the game if he plays.

I like to stay positive. But, I don't think this is the game that we get our first win.
    bruce4life likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I do realize that our corners are terrible, but trust me. The fact that we lost 7 CB's to IR makes you think they are much worse than they really are.

Right now our Pass defense is 15th in the league only allowing 240.4 passing yards a game. And its not like we went up against some crappy QB's with no WR's. Stop letting the injuries get to your head. Nowhere am I saying the CB's we have right now are pro bowlers, but its not likely there absolutely killing us.

loln00b is offline Registered User

Dallas plays to their compitition...

which means we with either win or lose by 3

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I hope you are right, because I will be flaunting my Bradford jersey all around a campus filled with approximately 30,000+ Cowboys fans.
    Paint your face like William Wallace and you should be safe.

This is must-win territory to have any shot of having a season beyond week 17. I havent been upto date with signing etc but if were going to win Sunday, the guys that were on the roster from week 1 to week 6 are they guys that have to front up.

Say a prayer, chant or ritual dance of your choice for New Zealand All Blacks this weekend ...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    IF Sam Bradford is able to play this week...

THEN the Rams will get their first win on Sunday against the Cowboys.
    I feel like the obvious question has to be asked.....

...is this a statement of faith in the Rams?

...or in the true severity of Sammy's ankle injury?

I believe your heart (as would mine) will answer in the former, while your noggin answers to the latter.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

IF we score more points than Dallas

THEN we will win ...

Thats the 100% Ram Mar Ram guarantee
    Nick and Tampa_Ram like this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think Sam will play.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

He has to find a way to hit the covered man in the red zone this season to get my vote for a win against cowboys. And as season has progresses the rams are further and further from the red zone each week. trying to be objective here but I haven't seen him thread the needle this year. Maybe it is the talent he is throwing to.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    The reality is the Rams just haven't done anything to show a straight thinking person they're ready to win against a BAD team, much less against a Dallas team on the road looking to avenge a tough, close road loss to New England. Our secondary is a HUGE concern against any team with viable receiving threats- which includes Dallas. We don't have one unit that is performing at a consistent, winning level. And the offense right now is a bad joke.

The prediction is nice- one we all hope proves true. But more than likely, this will be just another unsuccessful Sunday.
    I think you summed it up well. I'm cheering for the Rams to win every one of these games, but until they stop making the same mistakes week in and week out, it's hard to objectively think they're going to pull it off. Hopefully this is the week, but after this team found ways to lose winnable games against New York and Washington? I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Right now our Pass defense is 15th in the league only allowing 240.4 passing yards a game.
    That means very little when you consider that the Rams are tied for fifth in fewest opposing pass attempts. The simple truth is that teams aren't airing the ball out against the Rams because they get an early lead and run the ball, hence the Rams ranking 27th in opposing rushing attempts with a whopping 168 in five games. Only five teams have allowed more rushing attempts. A better indicator for the quality of the pass defense would be opposing QB passer rating, which at 91.2 (23rd in the league), isn't really scaring anyone.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Fair point, though the Packers rush defense is fifth in the NFL and we had no problems against them.
    No problems is right. Going into the game, the Packers were ranked 3rd in rushing defense. Along comes Jackson, and now they're 5th. Here's looking forward to knocking Dallas down a few notches

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast