general counsel is offline Registered User

My observations on the game

I watched the full replay this morning on nfl network. Here are a few of my general views, with the flashing red light overview that these are only observations based on one preseason game, insufficient data is available to draw any conclusions.

1) Jackie Slater is an Excellent broadcaster. He is also an enormous human being, his girth is quite impressive.
    2) Claude Terrell is the largest guard i have seen. He looked pretty impressive and is certainly ahead of sapaia on the depth chart.
    3) Willig was not terrible. He is brand new. sure, he got beat clean once, the other sack on him i thought was a coverage sack. remember we are not looking at him as a left tackle, if THe Big Man goes down, we have lots of troubles.
    4) Tucker struggled quite a bit. i wonder if playing him at tackle is an attempt to move his position for opening game or provide flexibility for later. He stayed in a long way and played a lot more than sapiaua. Tucker missed an entire year, i think people have been too harsh on him too soon.
    5) Claiborne looked good the little he played.
    6) Bartell had some nice plays where he was right with his guy.
    7) We got very lucky to win that game. A bear receiver dropped a ball that hit him in the hands in the end zone in the last 45 seconds.
    8) Fitz looked ok to me, nothing great. arm didnt seem that strong. Interesting choice, physical talent vs. brains. Smoker should get a real chance.
    9) Brandon Green was obviously dominating during scrubiny time.
    10) Dez was impressive on punt coverage. It is quite clear to me that his off season workout routine has paid big dividends.
    11) The chat room was great.
    12) Hard to tell yet on hodges. He sure didnt blow me away, but wasnt terrible. The biggest disappointment was the last punt, which really was awful when we had a chance to pin them down at the end of the game without timeouts.
    13) Barring injuiries, a little birdie tells me garrett is in trouble. I think ivy and fair are both ahead of him at this point.
    14) Pisa was really flying around out there. continues to remind me of isiah robertson.
    15) it was great to see leonard literally throw fred miller into the qb
    16) Mamliamamliamula is one of the most underated rams. His blocking has improved quite a bit IMO and he makes some very very tough catches. I think he can contribute more this year if given the chance.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: My observations on the game

Good overview G.C. Pretty much what I gathered by listening to the game.Didnt hear much about Pisa during the broadcast,but your comparason to Robertson is very good praise for him

Wish I could have seen the game today.
    it would have been fun watching Dez in kickoff coverage.

I will now return to wool gathering..... psycho out
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

gap Guest

Re: My observations on the game

It looks like the officials aren't gonna cut us an slack this year. The very first punt return was bogusly flagged for illegal block in the shoulder pads, I mean back. Then, later on in the game, their punt coverage team not only had a legitimate block in the back, but the same player held his guy when he got up. The last first down that was ruled fourth down was misplaced by half a yard in the bears' favor. Not to mention the nice goal area reception that was caught by 87 (Ridgeway) was ruled illegal touching by #33 (Harris). Speaking of illegal touching... When the Bears punt coverage player ran into his own receiver, and the ball was muffed, they hit the RAMS ST with an illegal touching that gave the Bears the ball at the 8 instead of the 3.

On to things the RAMS can control.

Our Defense looked good with the first team, but we will be hurting if we lose some starters. Especially in the Secondary and the LBs.

Atogwe is a ball hawk. He was the one that grabbed a loose ball from the bottom of the pile and handed off to Carter while the officials were still looking to see which Bears player had the ball.

Martin looked a whole lot better in the game than what I have been hearing about his camp so far. Granted he wasn't playing against the One's, but he deffinately out shined Bulger.

Coakley looked to over persue on a few of the bigger running plays, leaving gaping holes.

D'Lew looks like a man on a mission. I hope he can keep it up all year.

Roland looks to be a nice addition to our blocking schemes. On at least one play the announcers gave 75 credit for a nice hole Williams created when he pulled from the left side.

I was disappointed that OP wasn't in there, anyone know if there was anything major causing his absence?

I hope the announcers are better in the next game. I am not able to keep up with the constantly changing number like I used to, but I knew which players made plays before the announcers did.

gap

The bears announcers in the second half didnt know the rams players of course and while big jackie was terrific, i agree that the rams play by play guy was really lousy.

Also agree that martin was impressive, he will be the backup end of story. We are not going to go into the seaosn without an experienced backup, regardless of his arm strength.

Ridgeway did look good out there. he stepped out of bounds before he made the one catch, the ref blew the announcement, not the call.

Sure we have issues if some starters get hurt, doesnt everyone? Thats what the cap is all about.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

the brent is offline Registered User

Who is Dez?

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general council
    10) Dez was impressive on punt coverage. It is quite clear to me that his off season workout routine has paid big dividends.
    Is that to say nobody on the punt team could cover worth a crap?

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Friday night on NFL access I was able to see the Rams in small increments as they switched between the other 5 pre-season games going on. What a teaser it was to see the RAMS play and then theyíd switch to another game, dang it, how frustrating. But I was able to watch it in its entirety yesterday morn. It came on at 7 a.m. My highlights of the game were:

Jackson, dang that boy is going to do awesome, heís fun to watch, our future and Iím glad heís a Ram!

Ridgeway did great too, I like him.

Jamie Martin threw some bullets right on the money. I was very impressed and happy to see that. Heís certainly maturing as a QB and I feel comfortable with him as our back-up.

On a somber note, itís too bad about Grossman, that kid just canít catch a break.

But on a positive outlook, I think we have a very exciting season ahead of us and I canít wait to see them whiners come September!!! WOOHOOOOO

Actually, the point was that the leaner, meaner, sleeker version of dez appeared to shed blockers and break up the wedge like a veritable juggernaut.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by the brent
    Who is Dez?
    heheee.

ahem ...... Tadaa

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I WATCHED THE REPLAY THE NEXT MORNING AND IT LOOKED TO ME LIKE IT WAS JUST AS IT WAS A 1st PRESEASON GAME,MUCH WORK TO BE DONE.