Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Flipper89 Guest

Re: My official announcement of semi-retirement

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I will be weighing whether to invest the $300 for NFL ticket next year for the "privilege" of watching the Rams every week. I will remain a fan, and follow the team nevertheless as I have done in the past.
    DIDO,

Before this year i had to really think about it hard, and i came down with the decision that i couldn't sit through sundays without atleast watching the misery. Next year i'll think about it longer and harder but..... I'll still probably fork out the dough, why...... Cause i love them RAMS baby...

Here's to next week guys, I smell an upset looming.

GO RAMS..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Jumping off the RAMS bandwagon that I've been on since 1965 is not an option in my mind. NO WAY!!!!

Throwing around thoughts and opinions with fellow ClanRammers is and always will be a pleasure.

GO RAMS!!!!

Bring it on!!!!!!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper89 View Post
    DIDO,

Before this year i had to really think about it hard, and i came down with the decision that i couldn't sit through sundays without atleast watching the misery. Next year i'll think about it longer and harder but..... I'll still probably fork out the dough, why...... Cause i love them RAMS baby...
    I feel the same way, although I will attempt to haggle with Directv next year. My brother-in-law had the NFL package and when he told them he wanted to cancel, they promptly dropped the price in half. I think they are hurting these days and will probably continue to try and hold on to subscribers any way they can.

Sorry to get off topic here.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I will be weighing whether to invest the $300 for NFL ticket next year for the "privilege" of watching the Rams every week. I will remain a fan, and follow the team nevertheless as I have done in the past.
    That's not even a question for me. Even if the Rams suck again next year, um check that, when the Rams suck again next year I can watch almost everygame I want to (except for the Bolts if they don't sell out, since for some reason the idiots in the NFL think that's my team now) and not have to worry about getting stuck watching whoever the rest of the country and the networks are in love with.

Speaking of which I see the Hatriots got another love call yesterday. That makes me want to puke almost as much as the names Shaw, Zygmunt and you know who....errrp, whoops I said the names...gotta run to the can....RALPH!!!!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

blood85 is offline Registered User

I won't and will probably NEVER quit on the RAMS, they are more than just "a team" to me, they are "a way of life", almost like family to me, I don't give a rats behind how atrocious they are, I will not give up on them. It's too easy to say "I'm a RAMS fan" when they are winning. It's too easy to pile on cause they are down. But I think it says alot for ALL the fans on this site who will and won't take any "layoffs, breaks, whatever" from this team. The rise to the top, whenever that happens will be that more spectacular, sort of like making a return in DRAMATIC Fashion.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    I won't and will probably NEVER quit on the RAMS, they are more than just "a team" to me, they are "a way of life", almost like family to me, I don't give a rats behind how atrocious they are, I will not give up on them. It's too easy to say "I'm a RAMS fan" when they are winning. It's too easy to pile on cause they are down. But I think it says alot for ALL the fans on this site who will and won't take any "layoffs, breaks, whatever" from this team. The rise to the top, whenever that happens will be that more spectacular, sort of like making a return in DRAMATIC Fashion.
    I'm right with ya on this one.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I'm as loyal a fan as there is, but yesterday was the breaking point.
    If lying to yourself makes you feel better, than good luck: as for that statement in quotes, what a load of crap ...

Good riddance, this franchise doesn't need "fans" like you. Sheesh, if you are a "loyal fan", I'd hate to see a casual one ...

Yodude is offline Registered User

My official announcement of semi-retirement
    ....see ya.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

When I read or hear of this team starting to act and play as if they are a true NFL football franchise instead of a weekly embarrassment, I'll reevaluate my decision.

I respect and even understand your decision to quit being a fan but...

If you are going to move on then move on. Please don't reevaluate the situation later.

It's "through thick and thin" not "as long as they win."

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Hang in there bud. I mean how much worse can it get. oh wait..............

invisiblehorns314 is offline Registered User

Hey NJ, do me a favor, be oppisite of Farve, and don't come back. Chose a new team and rep for them. I can care less that ur feelings are hurt, and ur upset at the Rams. ALL OF US ARE. But the difference is, we are still here. So what's the difference between you and a fair-weather-fan? It doesn't matter if you have been here or not. Your leaving now. Real fans don't get the ducking when there teams sucking. They stand strong. So when Spags is the conductor on the powerhouse defensive train to the playoffs, and SuperBowl, make sure you write a post that says, "is there enough room for an old fan to jump back on the wagon?" Real fans don't show up in the post season, or preseason. We are here all year around. Want some, get some. GoRams

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I haven't bought it for two years, I pick and choose games I want to go watch at Legends Sports Bar here in Austin.

Until this team gets better, my money is too tight in this economy to waste it on a 35-0 game.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

It's true there hasn't been much to cheer about lately, but I sure wouldn't want to miss our team's first win .. That win could come next Sunday. The Vikes expended alot of energy and emotion when the Pack came to town last night. They will have a short week to prepare for us and perhaps still be a little tired. The Vikes are undefeated -- beating them would surely give the Rams and us fans a shot in the arm.

What have I been smoking you ask? .. I'll just say that one of these games, the ball will bounce our way, a few calls will go our way, and we'll win. Could it happen next week? Absolutely! Is it likely? Probably not based on what we've witnessed so far, but you just never know, that's why the games are played ..

So .. NJ Rams Fan .. Do you really want to miss the Rams' first win? My guess is you'll be watching if at all possible. That first win may or may not come next Sunday, but come it will. I know I don't want to miss any of our wins, especially when they are in such short supply lately ..

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

They don't deserve my loyalty. Nine years of bad football and the unofficial "worst team of the decade" in the 90's. Losers of 14 straight and 5-31 in the last 2 1/2 years. Enough is enough. A league laughingstock. "It will get better" are empty words that I've heard for three years now. I've seen nothing- and I mean NOTHING that gives me hope or optimism. No improvement. No ability. No playmakers. No offense. Continued stupid penalties and mistakes. 24 points in 4 games. I challenge one person to refute anything I've said here.

I've supported them enough during the "bad times". Spending money on jerseys and tickets is a privilege afforded teams who not only play their asses off but produce more often than not- not teams who can't win a game in 14 months. We spend time and money on things we enjoy- and Rams football is one 3 hour toothache every Sunday. It is not enjoyable, and therefore until they get it together, they're dead to me.

I'm as loyal a fan as there is, but yesterday was the breaking point.
    I understand your frustration, but quitting on your team isn't the answer. Especially if you're copping out by reserving the right to return to Rams fandom whenever they start improving.

I think Rambunctious said it best...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    It's "through thick and thin" not "as long as they win."

Sorry NJ, but I don't think you really get to refer to yourself as being "as loyal a fan as there is" in the same thread where you're cutting yourself off from the team. Kind of runs contrary to the idea of loyalty.

locazn is offline Registered User

I have been watching us get our asses kicked in beautiful High definition every week.
    My wife and son has abandoned ship. As For me.. there is always hope. Every Sunday we have a chance to win ... i don't care who we are playing. Favre blew us out last year with the Jets. This year I want revenge! GO RAMS!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast