throwback week

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: My official announcement of semi-retirement

I understand the frustration it is truly embarrassing but you take the good with the bad, been a fan since 1978 it’s as bad as I have ever seen it.

I have been watching us get our asses kicked in beautiful High definition every week.
    Lol nothing like a beat down in high def.

:ramlogo:

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    If lying to yourself makes you feel better, than good luck: as for that statement in quotes, what a load of crap ...

Good riddance, this franchise doesn't need "fans" like you. Sheesh, if you are a "loyal fan", I'd hate to see a casual one ...

You're a real class act, Infiniti. Glad you've annointed yourself the keeper of the flame for the Rams by claiming "we don't need fans like you". Who are you? Don't give me your high and mighty "be positive" crap. That ship has sailed after 31 losses in 36 weeks. When a team rips your heart out week after week, only a fool subjects themselves to frustration and punishment while convincing themselves "it will be all better". And if you can't respect the fact that a person who has lived and died with this team doesn't want to subject himself to three hours of horrible football, penalties, turnovers, lack of poise, no talent and little chance of winning, then you're not very bright. You wanted a pissing match, you got one.

You keep sitting there in your reclining chair with your blue and gold pom poms and I'll do something more productive with my life until this team gives me a reason to enjoy Sundays again. I don't want to hear any more drivel about "staying on a sinking ship or you're not a true fan" garbage.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Don't let the door hit you in the behind!

GO DEM RAMS!!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

abandoning a team when they bad is like abandoning a wife/husband when they become ill...both are things that are hard to watch...but ya just cant bail out and expect respect in return.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You're a real class act, Infiniti. Glad you've annointed yourself the keeper of the flame for the Rams by claiming "we don't need fans like you". Who are you? Don't give me your high and mighty "be positive" crap. That ship has sailed after 31 losses in 36 weeks. When a team rips your heart out week after week, only a fool subjects themselves to frustration and punishment while convincing themselves "it will be all better". And if you can't respect the fact that a person who has lived and died with this team doesn't want to subject himself to three hours of horrible football, penalties, turnovers, lack of poise, no talent and little chance of winning, then you're not very bright. You wanted a pissing match, you got one.

You keep sitting there in your reclining chair with your blue and gold pom poms and I'll do something more productive with my life until this team gives me a reason to enjoy Sundays again. I don't want to hear any more drivel about "staying on a sinking ship or you're not a true fan" garbage.
    Pissing match? Not interested, someone with a lack of constitution such as yourself, not worth my time ...

See the two posts right below your response for reference ...

And once again, good riddance, and don't get run over by the bandwagon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    abandoning a team when they bad is like abandoning a wife/husband when they become ill...both are things that are hard to watch...but ya just cant bail out and expect respect in return.

Poor analogy. One deals with the human condition and sacred vows "for better, for worse..." the other deals with football. The two don't compare. Some of you people get loyalty and "blind loyalty" mixed up- as if it is tantamount to child molestation to choose not to watch a pathetic football team. There isn't one person here who hasn't turned off the TV in the middle of a game (in any sport) when their team stunk. Spare me your high handed hypocrisy.

After 35 years of watching Rams football and spending countless dollars and time in the process, I have earned the right to step back and not subject myself to grief and chronic high blood pressure without being told by some mental midget on a forum that I'm not a "true fan". I stuck by this team in the pathetic 90's watching every game and won't go thru that meat grinder again. Loyalty- like all things in life- must be earned. In this case, it is earned through competitive play and week to week improvement. It hasn't happened. The same lack of talent, penalties and undisciplined play appear each week. Why subject yourself to that??

jcook is offline Registered User

rams 0-16 for 2009

Poor analogy. One deals with the human condition and sacred vows "for better, for worse..." the other deals with football. The two don't compare. Some of you people get loyalty and "blind loyalty" mixed up- as if it is tantamount to child molestation to choose not to watch a pathetic football team. There isn't one person here who hasn't turned off the TV in the middle of a game (in any sport) when their team stunk. Spare me your high handed hypocrisy.

After 35 years of watching Rams football and spending countless dollars and time in the process, I have earned the right to step back and not subject myself to grief and chronic high blood pressure without being told by some mental midget on a forum that I'm not a "true fan". I stuck by this team in the pathetic 90's watching every game and won't go thru that meat grinder again. Loyalty- like all things in life- must be earned. In this case, it is earned through competitive play and week to week improvement. It hasn't happened. The same lack of talent, penalties and undisciplined play appear each week. Why subject yourself to that??
    i explained the point of the analogy ..youve quoted it but still missed the point.."both are hard to watch" but you simply not gonna get respect for bailing out on either one.

bail out by all means..it bothers me not one bit...just go and support another team and dont come back in 2 years when we good again and take tickets off people who are more loyal.

P.S. we get the fact that you WAS a fan for 35 years..you dont have to keep repeating it every post.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsnonfan1
    The same lack of talent, penalties and undisciplined play appear each week. Why subject yourself to that??
    Because we're fans.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Quote Originally Posted by jcook View Post
    rams 0-16 for 2009
    bet everything you have on that if you so sure..and i`ll throw you a tin of dog food when i pass you by rummaging through the bins for food.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

After 35 years of watching Rams football and spending countless dollars and time in the process, I have earned the right to step back and not subject myself to grief and chronic high blood pressure without being told by some mental midget on a forum that I'm not a "true fan".
    A "true fan" is not defined by what you've done, but rather what you're doing.

Watching some football team doesn't "earn" you or anyone else anything. It just means you decided for some period of time to watch a football team. You've now decided to not watch that team. Fine. Your choice. But don't think you've earned some sort of lifetime respect because of what period of time you've cheered for the Rams.

Your honor, I've spent the last 35 years not burning down houses; so I've earned the right to burn down a building and not be called an arsonist.

Yea I don't think the judge is buying it.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Help me out NJ... I'm not trying to be mean or a smart A but I want to figure out your end game.

You could have just stopped posting and left. It would have been quite, painless and ,on a message board this size, I'm sure it would have gone unnoticed.

But you announce you are quitting in a thread and then stick around to defend yourself.

You are like the lonely high school kid continually announcing he is leaving the party. No one tries to stop him but he keeps standing in the door saying "this is it... I'm leaving."

If you want to quit... quit.

Are you trying to take fans with you?

Are you looking for absolution?

Are you looking for some magical words that will make you want to stay?

If you truly wanted to give up... why are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Help me out NJ... I'm not trying to be mean or a smart A but I want to figure out your end game.

You could have just stopped posting and left. It would have been quite, painless and ,on a message board this size, I'm sure it would have gone unnoticed.

But you announce you are quitting in a thread and then stick around to defend yourself.

You are like the lonely high school kid continually announcing he is leaving the party. No one tries to stop him but he keeps standing in the door saying "this is it... I'm leaving."

If you want to quit... quit.

Are you trying to take fans with you?

Are you looking for absolution?

Are you looking for some magical words that will make you want to stay?

If you truly wanted to give up... why are you still here?
    Did i say "I'm done forever?" Read my original post. You guys are a bunch of hypocrites- railing against those who engage in personal attacks but doing so yourself because you don't like the fact that I have the audacity to stop watching this sad sack club until they show some competance. Spare me the outrage.

I don't appreciate the personal attacks. I had every intention of leaving the thread alone, but some of you insisted on attacking me personally. It's not appreciated but typical of your "be endlessly positive" mentality despite a horrendous product put on the field.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Did i say "I'm done forever?" Read my original post. You guys are a bunch of hypocrites- railing against those who engage in personal attacks but doing so yourself because you don't like the fact that I have the audacity to stop watching this sad sack club until they show some competance. Spare me the outrage.

I don't appreciate the personal attacks. I had every intention of leaving the thread alone, but some of you insisted on attacking me personally. It's not appreciated but typical of your "be endlessly positive" mentality despite a horrendous product put on the field.
    Dictionary: Band-Wag-On Fan

n.

1. A fan who only supports a sports club when it is winning
    2. Fans that continually switch clubs or aren't loyal to one team
    3. individual that is likely a Cowboys or 49'ers fan at heart
    Last edited by HUbison; -10-07-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: nothing personal

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Do not say anything about Donnie Jones!!!

Isnt he even currently among league leaders in inside 20 punts? Not to mention had the best season a punter has ever had last year.

Donnie = Mvp

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast