throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My POV of Sam Bradford

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: My POV of Sam Bradford

And as usual, a guy gets on here to post a thoughtful, well-intentioned analogy and he's immediately followed by posts designed to demean and denigrate. Wonderful.

Some people are an authority on everything but know much less than they think they do.

His analogy has merit. And everyone in a team sport is dependent upon their teammates and coaches- some to a greater extent than others. Bradford has been a victim of circumstances , no doubt, but he has also made his share of mistakes. Those who defend the guy with only a casual mention of his culpability or shortcomings lose all credibility in defending him.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-20-2012 at 10:47 AM.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

So now the Bradford bashers are simply lying about what supporters say. Pathetic.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    And as usual, a guy gets on here to post a thoughtful, well-intentioned analogy and he's immediately followed by posts designed to demean and denigrate. Wonderful.
    It's to be expected. It's a sports forum. Everyone has different opinions. The problem is some people don't know how to express their opinions in a manner that doesn't condescend or ridicule someone.

Some people are an authority on everything but know much less than they think they do.
    Testosterone.

hose who defend the guy with only a casual mention of his culpability or shortcomings lose all credibility in defending him.
    This is the point I made a few posts earlier.

Bradford's "Legion of Defenders" always start off their argument with an acknowledgement that they "realize Bradford needs to improve and how everyone has their own opinion", but then go on to bash people who state that Bradford needs to improve by saying Bradford is the least of our worries and the blame falls on the O-Line or WRs or TEs.

I have come to the conclusion that this is how a lot of people deal with Bradford: "Don't worry about it".

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So now the Bradford bashers are simply lying about what supporters say. Pathetic.
    Laughable. I could go find multitudes of quotes to prove my point and any Bradford "basher"'s points, but I'm not going to waste my time because there will always be another excuse or reason that will be made and I am at work so I'm not going to deal with that.

Since the endpoint is that you accuse me/other people of lying, and I accuse you of ignoring what's actually being said, it's safe to say our opinions obviously do not align.

With that being said, your opinion of Bradford is not any more correct than the majority of posters here so trying make false references about the "bashers" any chance you get is ridiculous.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -12-20-2012 at 11:11 AM.

No, you're just lying.

You are attributing things to "Bradford supporters" have never been said, and you are generalizing the prevailing opinions of "Bradford supporters" in a manner that is entirely inaccurate.

What's worse is, you're lying to yourself. You make unsupportable arguments, and lame attempts at analogies (that, sorry... simply don't work), and when you're called on it, you're not honest enough to admit that you've just overreached with a knee-jerk opinion.

Instead, you blame others... calling them bullies... accusing them of misusing their "power"... or simply making personal comments.

You and your vocal minority can continue to believe whatever you want.

The bottom line is that the following people are all Bradford supporters: Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer, Frank Cignetti, Les Snead and (I'm very confident) the entire St. Louis Rams roster.

Your opinion really doesn't matter.

No, you're just lying.
    Man. I guess I am. You caught me.

You are attributing things to "Bradford supporters" have never been said, and you are generalizing the prevailing opinions of "Bradford supporters" in a manner that is entirely inaccurate.
    Same thing you do with Bradford "bashers".

What's worse is, you're lying to yourself. You make unsupportable arguments, and lame attempts at analogies (that, sorry... simply don't work), and when you're called on it, you're not honest enough to admit that you've just overreached with a knee-jerk opinion.
    Lame attempt at analogies? Funny, you're the only one that thinks that. The substance in your post in this thread was pretty much shot down.

Instead, you blame others... calling them bullies... accusing them of misusing their "power"... or simply making personal comments.
    Yeah I am. I've been here for 4 years and the entire time, I have seen you condescend and ridicule posters more often than anyone else on here. Sorry, but I don't believe in the "It's AV's way or the highway".

You and your vocal minority can continue to believe whatever you want.
    Seems like everyone is the vocal minority and you are the majority.

The bottom line is that the following people are all Bradford supporters: Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer, Frank Cignetti, Les Snead and (I'm very confident) the entire St. Louis Rams roster.
    Do you personally know any of these people? If not, you are making a pretty big generalization.

Your opinion really doesn't matter.
    If you really think that, then I'm guessing yours doesn't either.

People like you crack me up. Take a wild guess at how many postive rep comments and "likes" I've received for my "condescending" posts. The number would probably shock you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the vocal minority thinks that they are a majority because they only hear themselves talk.

People like you crack me up. Take a wild guess at how many postive rep comments and "likes" I've received for my "condescending" posts. The number would probably shock you.
    You seem to be really invested in this rep and like system. What is this, a facebook popularity contest?

Like I've stated earlier, I know what i read and see. Frankly, I do not care how many "rep" comments or "likes" you receive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the vocal minority thinks that they are a majority because they only hear themselves talk.
    Hahaha. Oh please. Whatever you say big guy.

I get paid exactly $0.00 for each rep point and "like." The point is simply that the fact that there is a group of posters who I can count on one hand that thinks I'm wrong or that dislike how I express myself here is of no concern to me in light of the dozens who have expressed that they feel the opposite way.

I get paid exactly $0.00 for each rep point and "like." The point is simply that the fact that there is a group of posters who I can count on one hand that thinks I'm wrong or that dislike how I express myself here is of no concern to me in light of the dozens who have expressed that they feel the opposite way.
    I don't think are there even "dozens" of posters that frequent this board in a regular fashion anymore. The majority are post-game trolls. Sadly.

I wonder what/who drove away all the past members?

Nah I'm just kidding on that last one. Even that is a bit too harsh for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I don't think are there even "dozens" of posters that frequent this board in a regular fashion anymore. The majority are post-game trolls. Sadly.
    Actually, there a lot of people who rarely post but frequently hit the "like" button.

Now unwad those panties, lighten up and have some fun with all of this.

Its only football, after all.

Actually, there a lot of people who rarely post but frequently hit the "like" button.
    Your many troll accounts.

Now unwad those panties, lighten up and have some fun with all of this.
    I've actually enjoyed what has been going on. However, you may be right. End of the year shenanigans is never fun as an intern at a hedge fund especially with this economy.

Its only football, after all.
    You are not a real fan. Get outta here. Die-hard fans allowed only!

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Nevermind, too far off topic. I'll save finance for a different day.
    Last edited by Nick_Weasel; -12-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    Nevermind, too far off topic. I'll save finance for a different day.
    No go ahead!

I like talking finance.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

It would be interssting how ELI Manning would have faired in his first few years. The guy has two superbowl rings and still struggles it seems every other weekend.

It seems like some of you expect perfection out of QB position. Not sure anyone can live up to those expecations not even your Peyton's or Tom's can...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast