Rams4Life is offline Registered User

My Rams core roster for 2008

Since we all seem to be waiting for next season, here is the list of FA's and my core roster of players the Rams should keep.

UFA's
    T. Minor, R. Owens, A. Walker, T. Taylor, B. Romberg, A. McCollum, A. Goldberg, M. Brown, B. Gorin, T. Johnson, B. Chillar, R. Smith.

RFA's
    Atogwe, J. Carter

Core Roster
    QB- Bulger
    RB- Jackson, Pittman
    FB- Leonard
    TE- McMichael, Byrd
    WR- Holt, Bennett, Hagans
    OT- Pace, Barron
    OG- Incognito, Setterstrom
    C- Romberg

DE- Adeyanju
    DT- Ryan, Carriker, Wroten
    LB- Witherspoon, Tinoisamoa, Draft
    CB- Hill, Brown, Bartell, Wade
    S- Atogwe

K- ?
    P- D. Jones

Frerotte makes alot of money and sucks. I don't see Bruce back with his age/salary and Bennett behind him. Little and Hall have done next to nothing and unless they take pay cuts, i don't see them back either. Glover is a given along with Chavous.

What do you all think? Additions/Subtractions?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: My Rams core roster for 2008

The salary cap hit if the Rams made those moves would be huge and wouldn't make sense. Can't imagine the team getting rid of Little just after giving him a long term deal, nor James Hall for that matter. I can understand fans wanting fresh blood and the team to get younger but these moves would leave the team crippled for cap room...

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    The salary cap hit if the Rams made those moves would be huge and wouldn't make sense. Can't imagine the team getting rid of Little just after giving him a long term deal, nor James Hall for that matter. I can understand fans wanting fresh blood and the team to get younger but these moves would leave the team crippled for cap room...

Oh so keep paying these guys that are washed up? Little was a pass rusher and that's it. He sucks against the run and doesn't even rush the passer very good anymore. Hall could be back because he has been ok. If the Rams had cardboard cut outs, they would play better than Chavous and Glover. All i'm saying is if the Rams want to get better, they have to quit trying to fix it with the same personnel.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Yeah, i would have to agree- we'd get killed in the salary cap. I'm not sure why we signed Little to a long contract, he's certainly been slipping the past couple of years, but I guess when you have absolutely nothing else and you are apparently incapable of drafting a good DL, you need to stick with whatever you have. I don't see why you would want to keep Byrd tho- I think him and Klopenstein(sp?) have been big disappointments. Although we did get one of the best TE's in the game this offseason and don't throw to him, so who knows?

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Life View Post
    Oh so keep paying these guys that are washed up? Little was a pass rusher and that's it. He sucks against the run and doesn't even rush the passer very good anymore. Hall could be back because he has been ok. If the Rams had cardboard cut outs, they would play better than Chavous and Glover. All i'm saying is if the Rams want to get better, they have to quit trying to fix it with the same personnel.
    I agree that that Glover and Chavous are way over the hill and question why they were ever brought to St. Louis in the 1st place. It is impossible to change personnel in 1 season in the salary cap era, so it is about priorities and at the moment getting rid of little and Hall isn't a great idea given the fact that this team has many holes to fill and this move would have big reprecussions to the cap...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Oh so keep paying these guys that are washed up?
    In the salary cap era sometimes that's just how it goes, and you have to live with it.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I am against the Little and Hall dropping because of two reasons. The cap and who are you going to get that is better? If you can find me better, younger cheaper, then fine, but unless you can do that, why not keep the former pro bowler and see what a healthy foot does with a good interior line?

I have a problem with letting Klop go as well. Let him play out his rookie contract and go from there. Again, what free agent TE's will be better?

I've said for weeks if not months that Chavous and Glover are goners.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

are we forgetting that leonard little is one of the best DE in the league and who had 13 sacks just last season. Fans, we need to stop complaining just because our offense isn't coming up with a 1,000 yards per /game and our defense isn't quite like the 2001 ravens. fans, what I'm saying is lets have a little patients, you didn't here indianapolis booing dwight freeney after a quiet season last year.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    are we forgetting that leonard little is one of the best DE in the league and who had 13 sacks just last season. Fans, we need to stop complaining just because our offense isn't coming up with a 1,000 yards per /game and our defense isn't quite like the 2001 ravens. fans, what I'm saying is lets have a little patients, you didn't here indianapolis booing dwight freeney after a quiet season last year.

I think they were drowned out in the cheers from the Superbowl victory. Had Indy been 0-8, I'm sure the chatter would have started. I'm not for releasing Little- besides for his well-known personal issues- I have no problem with how the guy plays. I think if we had a decent defensive lines the last few years, the guy would have put up more than 13 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    I see your point, but Little is on the wrong side of 30 and horrible against the run, IMO.
    Little may have been one of the best pass rushers in the league, but is no where near being on of the top DE's in the league. Which is what the Rams need, a guy who can rush the passer and stop the run.

I would just like the Rams to get better personnel and stop trying to fix it with the same pieces.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I see your point, but Little is on the wrong side of 30 and horrible against the run, IMO.
    Little may have been one of the best pass rushers in the league, but is no where near being on of the top DE's in the league. Which is what the Rams need, a guy who can rush the passer and stop the run.

I would just like the Rams to get better personnel and stop trying to fix it with the same pieces.
    Ok, then who would you bring in this next offseason that will be better? I think we should get Chris Long in the 1st, but as a complimentary piece to Little. Look at the Giants' line, where you can't stop them because you can only double either Strahan or the other guy... the one that had 6 sacks or whatever against the Eagles. I think with Long, Ryan, Carriker and Little in there, we can be much the same way. That said, we then have quality backups to our starters. On a 3rd and long, maybe we play Long, Hall, Carriker and Little.